Build 10166 - Store, Calendar, Mail crash

Hestev

Apr 28, 2014
Visit site
Hi,

Since I installed the new build, Store, Calendar and Mail crash after trying to open them.

I know that I can delete app directly from PowerShell but how can I install store again?

Thx

BunLengthHotDog

Nov 3, 2012
Visit site
Try running this from powershell (Cortana "powershell" right click run as admin). Everything is fixed on my end but the Store app oddly enough, which still immediately closes.

Get-AppXPackage | Foreach {Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register "$($_.InstallLocation)\AppXManifest.xml"}

MrMakeEmAkkRight

May 4, 2015
Visit site
My start menu crashes almost immediately on this build. Can't scroll down for apps or open all apps section. Crashes before I can get to it. SMH at MS for this

vodda

Jun 29, 2015
Visit site
Yes, same for me. Was able to access to everything, but from today's morning not anymore so I thought this would fix it as I fixed apps with this method in the past, it just back fired as I deleted store :/

vincentw56

Dec 14, 2011
Visit site
Looks like after the last update for Mail and Calendar, it is working now for me. Store is still crashing though. It must still be running the back ground since it auto-updated Mail and Calendar.

ballanda

Jul 13, 2012
Visit site
This is happening to me too. STORE crashed immediately. I think it is happening because I deleted the "Windows.old" folder from C:\ after going form 10162 to 10166. Did anybody else delete the "Windows.old" folder.

vincentw56

Dec 14, 2011
Visit site
This is happening to me too. STORE crashed immediately. I think it is happening because I deleted the "Windows.old" folder from C:\ after going form 10162 to 10166. Did anybody else delete the "Windows.old" folder.

I didn't and still had the problem. I've deleted that folder before and never had an issue so I don't think that is it.

BunLengthHotDog

Nov 3, 2012
Visit site
I did the same thing via CCleaner (deleted windows.old) and the problems started directly after, restoring back to the pre-delete didn't fix it as the windows.old folder was still mostly empty except for system32.

​Good thing is 10240 fixed all my app issues.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes