Why a I unable to install Speech and Keyboards on Windows 10 Mobile TP Build 10166?

• Thread starter Windows Central Question
  • Start date
W

Windows Central Question

Unable to install Speech and Keyboards on Windows 10 Mobile TP Build 10166

I have been on Windows 10 Mobile TP builds since since couple of months now. I recently upgraded to latest build 10166. I am using a Lumia 920 and this is my daily driver.

For some reason I have not been able to install Speech and Keyboards (especially US and UK). As a result I am unable to use Cortana.

Anyone knows how can I get them installed. Every time I tried installing them, I see it as downloading and then it errors out.

I even did a hard reset of the phone and I still no go.

Harrie-S

Retired Ambassador
Sep 26, 2014
Visit site
Re: Unable to install Speech and Keyboards on Windows 10 Mobile TP Build 10166

This happened to more people and the question was also asked and answered in several posts and for most people below worked.

Try to uninstall Insider app, reinstall, re-sign, re-subscribe to fast ring and try again.

Good luck

Wishallrah

Jan 14, 2014
Visit site

Tried this. This seems to be working. I am able to see additional language packs being downloaded under Phone Update. I will confirm if this worked or not. Cos it used to try and download before and used to error out.

Thanks for the tip*

Last edited:

Vikram Dinesh

Nov 24, 2012
Visit site

You need to go back to 8.1. Install all the languages you need and then upgrade to Win 10. Don't hard reset after upgrading. If you hard reset you will loose the installed languages.

Wishallrah

Jan 14, 2014
Visit site

Hello Vikram, I tried this fix and below is what happened:

Additional language packs were transferred over. But did not work. I was able to launch Cortana and everything worked as usual, but there was no voice. So I did hard reset to download the packs and got stuck with the unable to download error message :)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoshRos