08-16-2015 06:38 AM
49 12
tools
    Edge renders drop down menus different than IE indeed it did a view versions ago, did not check it with the actual version.
    07-28-2015 07:13 AM
    Edge is such a CPU hog when rendering web page. Not to mention it tends to hang for heavy sites (like this one). I gave Edge a try but am using Chrome full time now.
    07-28-2015 07:29 AM
    It will get updated over time. Remember they are building this from scratch.
    No doubt it will get updated over time. That time won't be the 29th of July. :)
    07-28-2015 08:52 AM
    My experience is that edge uses WAY LESS memory than all the other browsers.
    a5cent and halcyonboy like this.
    07-28-2015 09:02 AM
    No doubt it will get updated over time. That time won't be the 29th of July. :)
    He was only angry about mobile version lool. Hopefully Microsoft gives us constant mobile builds after the release of Windows 10 PC for PCs.
    07-28-2015 09:15 AM
    My experience is that edge uses WAY LESS memory than all the other browsers.
    Yes, I don't see Edge using more memory in my experience either. Its a lot thinner, faster and more lightweight. The more memory thing, I suspect is more of an urban legend than fact.
    a5cent likes this.
    07-28-2015 02:27 PM
    It may use less memory than its competitors but it is not faster, struggles with ads and basically has less features than the competition. And I'm bored of the name already.
    07-28-2015 03:17 PM
    It may use less memory than its competitors but it is not faster, struggles with ads and basically has less features than the competition. And I'm bored of the name already.
    Then use IE until they fix the issues.
    07-28-2015 08:24 PM
    No they're not. Edge uses the same rendering engine as IE, buttons, text boxes, and menus all look like IE. MS has also said they have reused some code from IE.
    I'm highly skeptical of the traction Edge will gain after launch. It may be called "just IE with a new name"
    Ehm... no... integrating a new rendering engine (HTMLEdge) that is different from IE's (Trident), is the whole point of the new browser! Without the new HTMLEdge rendering engine they might as well not have made a new browser at all. EdgeHTML includes some things from Trident, but for the most part it's rewritten from scratch.

https://channel9.msdn.com/Events/Web...for-Windows-10
    Sagar Limaye likes this.
    07-28-2015 08:46 PM
    I agree I get full on stutter step when scrolling with a touch pad /keyboard Logitech 400 and or my Microsoft Media Keyboard( with touch pad ) to types of touch pad keyboards to companies! Both worked fine with Windows 8/8/1 And with Chrome /Fire Fox /Opera/Internet Explorer - even these browsers on Windows 10!! I got this same issue with SPARTEN! Someone mentioned GPU which makes no sense I'm running an AMD Readon HD 6670 card - Just recently bought an Nvida GTX 745 4 gig card to test but I just don't get it !! Using the mouse button/icon ( acts as the right button ) and me scrolling when the cursor is hard pressed to the sidebard of the web page it's fine but 2 finger swiping is nothing short of hiccups even as the page scrolls it almost freezes than catches up moments later after ive already made the gesture ! Even getting the spinning blue loading wheel !! It's been a freaking nightmare ! I don't use a mouse and never will go back to a mouse !!
    07-28-2015 08:55 PM
    Than why does it use Adobe FLASH !!!! I thought everyone was leaving FLash because of the exploits !
    07-28-2015 08:56 PM
    It uses flash because there are still more than enough sites out there that use it and its disabled by default - whats your problem?
    07-29-2015 12:35 AM
    Than why does it use Adobe FLASH !!!! I thought everyone was leaving FLash because of the exploits !
    Phones have left it but a lot of Flash still exists out there so it is the support for it... for the time being anyway.
    07-29-2015 12:36 AM
    Ehm... no... integrating a new rendering engine (HTMLEdge) that is different from IE's (Trident), is the whole point of the new browser! Without the new HTMLEdge rendering engine they might as well not have made a new browser at all. EdgeHTML includes some things from Trident, but for the most part it's rewritten from scratch.
    Oh thanks I didn't know that! Didn't watch that video. I thought Edge was only created so they could get rid of of IE's tarnished name, and develop it separately without losing compatibility.
    But the fact that they used a little code from trident means it's not all made from scratch (and thus I didn't misinform anybody)
    07-29-2015 07:06 AM
    Oh thanks I didn't know that! Didn't watch that video. I thought Edge was only created so they could get rid of of IE's tarnished name, and develop it separately without losing compatibility.
    But the fact that they used a little code from trident means it's not all made from scratch (and thus I didn't misinform anybody)
    I'd say claiming "Edge uses the same rendering engine as IE" counts as misinformation. Sorry for harping on about this. I know you didn't intentionally misinform, and we've all been wrong about stuff. It's just that this happens to a LOT of people on this site, and the sum of all the misinformation is starting to be a bit much. Maybe I'm also just having a bad day.

Anyway, on a side note, No large piece of software is ever literally made from scratch these days. Developers always reuse other components, libraries , or bits and pieces from previous versions of the software, etc. Software development is just far too expensive otherwise.

If IE with Trident was a house with all its furnishings, development of Edge would be similar to you removing the furniture from the house, levelling everything else, rebuilding a completely new house, and then moving the furniture back in. Is it correct to say the house was not built from scratch? That's similar to what we're dealing with here.
    Sagar Limaye likes this.
    07-29-2015 07:29 AM
    Edge lasted for less than a day.
    Official Windows 10 upgrade, edge went on a refresh loop, cant open any website, cant do anything. Reseting the computer does not solve the problem.
    Windows 10 also lagging a bit, this OS is not ready for launch.
    07-29-2015 12:27 PM
    Don't know why but for me edge fails to load a video on this page
    http://forums.windowscentral.com/e?l...token=WUlHqs4K
    It gives me a message saying I need to install an app for htmlplayer

Kinda risible for an RTMed browser haha
    07-29-2015 01:43 PM
    Mine is jumpy. I don't like it at all. I prefer UC Browser.
    08-09-2015 04:32 PM
    I prefer IE11 over Edge any day on almost every site. I really have no problem browsing with IE11 at all, not sure why it has such a bad rap. I had Chrome for a while but still like IE11 over chrome because of all my favorites and folders living on the left hand side of the browser versus a top "favorites bar" like chrome and it's great that all my websites and folders sync seamlessly between computers, which Edge does not.
    08-09-2015 09:33 PM
    I prefer IE11 over Edge any day on almost every site. I really have no problem browsing with IE11 at all, not sure why it has such a bad rap. I had Chrome for a while but still like IE11 over chrome because of all my favorites and folders living on the left hand side of the browser versus a top "favorites bar" like chrome and it's great that all my websites and folders sync seamlessly between computers, which Edge does not.
    Microsoft really rushed this one. Syncing is coming later, presumably during October.
    Lumious likes this.
    08-09-2015 09:35 PM
    My Issues with Edge thus far !! fix video going black when advancing ahead in Edge or enlarge while view on sites not directly in youtube !! Does it tell you why Edge ****s the bed every time you scroll or type and it makes the BINGING sound every 3 secs when you try to move forward with typing or clicking or whatever you were doing to the point of freezing !! Seeing the blue circle loading image on your screen ..Back space button stops working !! ETC !! Or why your sites/favs you pinned to the fav bar in Edge disappear if you reload Windows and doesn't save it to a history tied to your name/account like CHROME does ! The 2 finger scrolling still hiccups on my Logitech K400 and Microsoft Media Keyboard ! Its a **** off !!
    08-11-2015 01:06 PM
    You mean when scrolling? That's my issue was well. Like it hiccups along instead of view/scrolling smoothly
    08-11-2015 01:07 PM
    If you want to use Bing fine. I will never use it as Google gets me what I want the first time first page, not like Bing that has it on second page.
    Edge blows! Click a tab and what do it get a blank search bar SEARCH? (The default is set for Google or in your case Bing?) WTF????
    What is the point of having a DEFUALT WEB PAGE that is never used????? Edge blows chunks!
    And no drag and drop on a Windows Browser? You have to be Freaking kidding this is not a beta????
    08-12-2015 03:02 AM
    Another issue is that when you close out, it reopens same web page whether you want to or not. If you get a malicious pop up that you don't want to click on, old way was task manager, and close out. when reopen select home page vs return to old site. Edge gives you no choice and automatically returns to malicious site.
    mccririck likes this.
    08-16-2015 06:38 AM
49 12