Windows doesn't remember my login settings

HeyCori

Mod Emeritus
Mar 1, 2011
Visit site
Right now I have it set to never ask for a password. Unfortunately, it asks for a password every time I hit the power button. I tried changing it from Never to 15 minutes with no success. Is there anything I can do besides resetting the device? I'm using a Toshiba Encore 2.

Muessig

Moderator Team Leader
Sep 30, 2012
Visit site
From what I've seen so far you have to log in to your Microsoft account using your password or you can replace it with a pin. You can use a local account to login to your machine and that won't require a password but I haven't seen any way to stop you having to login to a Microsoft account without having to enter a password. The only way I can think of is using Windows Hello, which most people can't do right now as it requires specific hardware.

HeyCori

Mod Emeritus
Mar 1, 2011
Visit site
From what I've seen so far you have to log in to your Microsoft account using your password or you can replace it with a pin. You can use a local account to login to your machine and that won't require a password but I haven't seen any way to stop you having to login to a Microsoft account without having to enter a password. The only way I can think of is using Windows Hello, which most people can't do right now as it requires specific hardware.

Thanks for the info. I've been using a pin since it's a lot easier.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss