I've had Windows 10 Preview installed on a separate partition on my Windows 7 laptop for the past 4-5 months and have (by and large) had no problems - apart from very early on when I had to reinstall it after an update caused my laptop to continually reboot on a loop. That was solved thanks to my Preview O/S having previously been burned to disk and since then everything has run without a snag. And all in all I have been quite impressed with Windows 10, however I would very much like to retain my main O/S of Windows 7 on the master partition of my C: drive.

What I would like to know is can I upgrade the TechPreview partition to a fully operational Windows 10 O/S and keep my main Windows 7 O/S as it is? If so, how do I go about 1) Downloading the update so that I may apply it to the TechPreview? and 2) How do I apply the update? Is it just a simple overwrite of the TechPreview O/S?

I would very much appreciate any and all help with this query and thank you in advance for your assistance.
    08-05-2015 05:16 PM