Build 10532 breaks most modern apps?

shinsenai

Oct 17, 2013
Visit site
I've upgraded to 10532 and now many modern apps just crash after flashing the splash screen. I've reported this in the insider hub and noticed other complaining about similar issues. I' ve tried uninstalling/reinstalling the apps from the UI and also using PowerShell, but it makes no difference. Has anybody got the same? Any comment? I'll wait some more and if nothing new happens I'll try to roll back to 10525.

shinsenai

Oct 17, 2013
Visit site
Indeed, the problem has suddenly disappeared! The only thing I did in the meantime was to login with a different user and start a few of the broken apps, which were working fine. When I went back to my account, all apps were working again. I thought it was because of the account switch for some reason, but if you see the same, it could have been a server-side issue. Thanks,

shinsenai

Oct 17, 2013
Visit site
Ahhh, the problem has just reappeared for no apparent reason! All apps that were not starting anymore are crashing again just after showing the splash screen.

shinsenai

Oct 17, 2013
Visit site
I think I understand what's happening. With Windows 10 there is a limit of 10 installation per each store app, much lower than Windows 8.1. The devices are registered with the Microsoft account as "Apps & games devices", the list can be seen going to Store > Settings > Account - Manage your devices. Now, the problem is that apparently every time a Windows 10 device is upgraded to a new build or some other change happens, it is registered as a new device, I had six versions of my Surface and a few other devices. When you hit the 10 installations limit, the apps stop working rather randomly on one or more of the devices. I just deleted all versions of the same PC except the latest one and all problems have disappeared.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoshRos