AVAST antivirus issues with scrolling, mouse cursor Edge, Cortana, Groove

poots1101

Nov 29, 2012
Visit site
All

I found a solution to a big problem I think many users are having on build 10532. Since the build came out, I had a bunch of issues with mouse cursor placement in Edge and Groove Music. Basically, I would point my mouse cursor over a link, but Edge / Groove though my mouse was pointing to something 2, 3, 4 inches below. huge pain.

I also noticed that when I brought cortana up by click on the icon or input bar, Cortana would come up, but I couldn't scroll at all.

The reason? Avast anti-virus. I did a hard reset and for the first time logging in I noticed both issues were not there. after i installed avast did i notice the issues come back. a quick uninstall and voila - the issues disappeared.

For those looking for a new antivirus solution (atleast until Avast updates their app), I would suggest Comodo Internet Security, which includes an anti-virus. I've been using their firewall for years and now will be using their AV.

Hope this helps!

EndOfRope

Aug 11, 2014
Visit site
Hi,
i am using Avast since Build 10130 and never had any problems with it. So maybe it is also hardware related and only occures on specific PC?s.

torreth1

Sep 5, 2015
Visit site
Nope! The new build of windows 10 (build 10532 just came out) and avast are not happy neighbors. All of the things mentioned have just been found to occur if avast is loaded on the system. Id advise the first dude to go and turn on system restore as well because the new build disables that permanently without your knowledge. The best thing to do would be to revert to the previous build until avast updates their program.

Scott Bradley

May 1, 2014
Visit site
Off topic, but what value is Avast bringing your over Windows Defender? I used Avast and others for years, but never liked all the nagging and up-selling from those products.

Windows Defender has been pretty decent - just wondering if you find one better than the other?

xandros9

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Off topic, but what value is Avast bringing your over Windows Defender? I used Avast and others for years, but never liked all the nagging and up-selling from those products.

Windows Defender has been pretty decent - just wondering if you find one better than the other?

I like Avast because it has more bells, whistles and guns. Defender is prettybasic and works. Id use that if you don't care for fancy web shields and boot time scanning. I put it in gaming mode which suppresses most dialogs so there's that at least.

Scott Bradley

May 1, 2014
Visit site
I like Avast because it has more bells, whistles and guns. Defender is prettybasic and works. Id use that if you don't care for fancy web shields and boot time scanning. I put it in gaming mode which suppresses most dialogs so there's that at least.

Cool - I like a combination of Defender and Malwarebytes anti-exploit for zero day browser attacks. I have used a lot of products over the years and this combination has been rock solid for me....

Options are good!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb