Build 10547 killed my surface 3

Jeb Johnston

Sep 22, 2015
Visit site
Hello,

I updated my firmware and the 10547 update last night. Initially, my touchscreen wouldn't work, so I tried turning it off and then hoping to turn it back on, but it killed the TouchPad on the cover.

Now it will not boot at all. I get a blinking white screen. How can I fix this?

Posted via the Windows Central App for Android

DMCarver

Jun 11, 2014
Visit site
Can anyone help this fella? I would offer suggestions but I'm not as bad as you. 10547 killed my Surface pro 3 while on the docking station. Grrr,,,
Wish I had some advice for you but if you can't even get to the restore page - I think a safe mode boot is in order? Did you try holding the power key down for 10 seconds to reset it? It doesn't do a hard reset but is more like a cold restart.

LeadStory

Sep 22, 2015
Visit site
Hello,

I updated my firmware and the 10547 update last night. Initially, my touchscreen wouldn't work, so I tried turning it off and then hoping to turn it back on, but it killed the TouchPad on the cover.

Now it will not boot at all. I get a blinking white screen. How can I fix this?

Posted via the Windows Central App for Android

I tried to update my Surface Pro to W10 using the ISO a while ago (this was one of the first builds) and am now stuck in a bootloop. I've been too busy to fix it, so now it just sits there, dead and rebooting. If anyone has any ideas for a quick fix, i'd like to know. I get the BIOS Menu every time, press "restart", repeat.

Kar98

May 29, 2014
Visit site
That's why I'm running fast ring previews on my work laptop, and only the actual release on my Surface. The laptop has a hard drive I can take out and replace if needed.

Go make a bootable Windows 10 flash drive. Use a powered USB hub to plug in mouse, keyboard and flash drive. Boot from the flash drive, do a fresh install.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rogertewarte