Question for insiders

xandros9

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
1. No, that feedback is not constructive in any way.
2. I don't think it looks like it was "coded by an intern"

xandros9

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Compare the UI to something like Apple's Messaging app in OS X and you see what I mean.

derp I thought you were referring to the WXM app.
I haven't seen this new thing quite yet, but you can probably dole out feedback that isn't vague, isn't nitpicking, etc.

Features, design cleanup etc might be what you're looking for?

Pete

Retired Moderator
Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Constructive feedback is always more valuable than arbitrary criticism. Bear in mind that much of the feedback is collected by automated metrics, so common disparaging terms are most probably filtered out as "noise". It stands to reason that many people believe that they're sending emails to Microsoft and will be fairly "honest" in expressing their feelings.

Also bear in mind that upvoted items carry more weight than new items with few votes. Therefore it's always advisable to find an existing item that mirrors your feedback and upvote it.

CygnusOrion

Oct 6, 2015
Visit site
Constructive feedback is always more valuable than arbitrary criticism. Bear in mind that much of the feedback is collected by automated metrics, so common disparaging terms are most probably filtered out as "noise". It stands to reason that many people believe that they're sending emails to Microsoft and will be fairly "honest" in expressing their feelings.

Also bear in mind that upvoted items carry more weight than new items with few votes. Therefore it's always advisable to find an existing item that mirrors your feedback and upvote it.

Isn't it a little insulting that Microsoft feels it can foist these bare-bones looking apps on you insiders? I would be insulted.

Pete

Retired Moderator
Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Isn't it a little insulting that Microsoft feels it can foist these bare-bones looking apps on you insiders? I would be insulted.

I think you're just missing the point entirely. No one is forcing you to use the preview programme. No one is forcing you to use Windows Phone either.

xandros9

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site

Of course not! We literally signed up explicitly to get half-baked things. If you don't like that, I don't know why you're in it.

I don't care for it on my PC so I don't use it.

and of all things you're criticizing how it looks!

I jumped through the hoops to sign up for the iOS 9.1 Beta and my search function in the contacts app is broken. Am I going to be insulted Apple apparently decided to foist this broken search on me?

SonOfDad

Jun 25, 2011
Visit site
Constructive feedback is always more valuable than arbitrary criticism.

Go back to the discussion of UI consistency (or lack of)in Windows 10 months before it's release, a certain group were auto replying "it's in beta Microsoft will clean it up". Now her we are three months after launch nothing changed. If you don't like something you need to speak up or it won't change.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss