Hi, all!

Long time platform enthusiast, first time poster. I've been flirting with the idea of insider builds for a while, but all the cautions and warnings end up dissuading me. I've installed previews before (on iOS and Windows PCs) and my experience was always that it wasn't worth it. I don't have a backup device, so spending days trying to get basic things to work again didn't sound like a worthy endeavour. That said, the most recent build sounded really promising with everyone saying how close to RTM it felt, so I'd like to maybe give it a shot. Hence my question: what do I lose? What's the worst that can happen? Is it easy and reliable to just roll back if I hate it?

I know this information is probably available somewhere, but I couldn't find a comprehensible guide to all the possible consequences of updating. Please refer me to one if it exists!

Thanks in advance!
    10-25-2015 02:26 PM
    I'll be kind of blunt here because it's pretty simple: Assume the worst when you are playing with any beta software. You could lose all functionality on your phone if a recovery/roll-back to WP8.x goes badly. Don't run the Insider Preview on your sole/main device unless you can accept that you might have to replace it.

Otherwise, install it, join the community and provide some feedback. The latest build still has some bugs that can make it rough to use. I had it on my 1520 briefly but it's still not stable enough for me, personally.
    I'll be kind of blunt here because it's pretty simple: Assume the worst when you are playing with any beta software. You could lose all functionality on your phone if a recovery/roll-back to WP8.x goes badly. Don't run the Insider Preview on your sole/main device unless you can accept that you might have to replace it.

Otherwise, install it, join the community and provide some feedback. The latest build still has some bugs that can make it rough to use. I had it on my 1520 briefly but it's still not stable enough for me, personally.
    10-25-2015 02:54 PM