586 Build is crushing battery on my 830

gmfeld

Nov 16, 2012
Visit site
Battery drain on my ATT 830 is ridiculous. To the point where I can hardly leave the house. I'm not running my phone any differently than I did under 8.1.

Last night, for instance, I went to hear some music. After constantly having my phone plugged in most of the day, I left the house at 7:30 p.m. with 92%, with the exception of taking a single photo (which I did not even post to social media), my phone was in my pocket the entire night at the show. My 1:30 a.m. it was down to 14%, and then soon shut off before I even got home. I did not use the phone that entire time other than the one photo. Stats show I'm getting average discharge speed of 14.44% per hour.

This is not tenable. Before I roll back to 8.1, anyone else experiencing this on the 830, or other device?

Suggestions that will still allow me to use my phone (i.e., I'm not going to turn off Wi-Fi, locations services, etc and make the phone less functional than I had it at 8.1). How can I see what the cause of the drain is?

gmfeld

Nov 16, 2012
Visit site
Looking at my raw logs, I was at 100% this morning at 9:00 a.m. when I unplugged from the overnight charge, by 10:55 a.m. I was down to 68%, with only having checked email, Instagram and FB a couple of times.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ailanamargarett