Can't get my computer to re-join the insider program

RonV42

Jun 8, 2011
Visit site
I did a refresh of my computer (reset with save data) it was enrolled in the Insider Preview. When to the windows update and I clicked get started. It stated that my security settings needs attention and to confirm. Then a reboot was required. After the reboot I got back to the same status that shows my computer is not enrolled. I have repeated many times and still nothing.

How can I fix this?

BaritoneGuy

Jun 20, 2012
Visit site
I thought that I read somewhere that from a clean install enrollment needs to be done from programs and features and add this as a feature.

A reset would count as a clean install.

RonV42

Jun 8, 2011
Visit site
I thought that I read somewhere that from a clean install enrollment needs to be done from programs and features and add this as a feature.

A reset would count as a clean install.

That was to get the "Insider Hub". That is already there an fully functional on my system. I have been searching with no real answers to this issue. I posted an issue via feedback but I doubt it will provide a solution.

UPDATE:

Someone on the MS forums posted that if you edit this registry setting and change it to a "1" then it should work:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\WindowsSelfHost\Applicability\EnablePreviewBuilds

I did it and so far it has now asked for my Microsoft ID and seems to be enrolled.

Can anyone who is enrolled and receiving updates post their values of the keys in:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\WindowsSelfHost\Applicability

Last edited:

beardicorn

Jun 7, 2014
Visit site
I did a refresh of my computer (reset with save data) it was enrolled in the Insider Preview. When to the windows update and I clicked get started. It stated that my security settings needs attention and to confirm. Then a reboot was required. After the reboot I got back to the same status that shows my computer is not enrolled. I have repeated many times and still nothing.

How can I fix this?

I had this issue as well. I sent you a DM with the link and my instructions to fix this frustrating issue. I sent the link as a DM as I am not allowed to post links yet, haven't broke the "10 posts" rule yet. Getting closer though lol.

Good luck

BEARDICORN

R-L

Dec 19, 2015
Visit site
I have the same problem. It keeps wanting to have computer Restart. ( I have been an Insider since Oct 2014).

rl

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vascro