So, I know its a known issue on this build, but it is the craziest glitch I have ever seen. Makes my pc completely wig out and start flashing the screen with random stuff, pictures and colors. Pretty wild. Anyone figure out a work around? Kinda makes gaming difficult for the games I use XBone controller for.
    03-18-2016 08:34 PM
    i have the same problem here, does anyone with the solve for this issue/problem ?
    03-18-2016 09:25 PM
    There is no workaround that I know of currently. One person on reddit claimed to have downloaded a 2009 driver for the wireless xbox 360 controller, since you can see the device's wireless dongle before actually syncing up the controller itself. Since build 14291 wiggs out upon connecting the wired 360 controller, this is just not possible.

My hope would be a patch to the same build to fix the problem, but it's likely a new build.
    03-19-2016 08:16 PM
    I got my xbox one controller to work on 14291, however I messed up a few of my file permissions on accident.
    I had to reinstall my windows and now I am waiting for the fast ring to allow me to update again before I can test and confirm that it does in fact work with no issues.

The gist of it is this, if anyone is feeling experimental (Even more so than installing 14291 lmao):

The drivers for the x1 controller are a larger size and newer date than the previous drivers. [New: 3/15/2016, Old 10/30/2015)
    Your old drivers will still be in your C:\Windows.old folders.
    The goal is to get rid of the new drivers and reinstall the controller drivers using the drivers from windows.old folder
    You do not need the controller to be plugged in.
    Open up your Device Manager (devmgmt.msc if using win+r).
    Go to VIEW, select Show Hidden Devices.
    Scroll to the very bottom and your controller will be listed under Xbox Peripherals.
    Right click Xbox Controller and select Update Driver Software.
    Choose Browse My Computer for driver software.
    Select one of the locations with the old driver and install it. (preferably driverstore)
    This should fix your controller. Plug in and test.

Notes:

The drivers appear in three locations within both the C:\Windows folder and C:\Windows.old folder

\WinSxS\(a folder with the name dc1-controller in it)
    \INF
    \System32\DriverStore\FileRepository\(a folder with the name dc1-controller in it)

You are looking for files named dc1-controller.inf and dc1-controller.sys

You may have to delete or replace the new drivers in the windows folders in order for the software update to work for you.
    This is where you must be extremely careful using take ownership or you will end up like me having to reinstall from scratch.
    Again attempt at you own peril. Once my insider update comes through I will test this to be sure it can be easily replicated.
    If I can make this work again, I will report my results and procedures.

Likewise, if anyone experiments before I can get 14291 back on, please report back.

Sub-note:
    On my successful attempt, I copied the dc1-controler.xxx files from their perspective windows.old folders into their windows folders.
    I used Take Ownership on the dc1 files inside the newer windows folders so that I could overwrite them with the older copy.
    This caused the driver in device management to say it was broken and successfully allowed me to update the driver with the previous version.
    Plugged in and all worked. Tested controller.
    (My problem was that I accidentally hit take ownership at a folder level and screwed up a bunch of system files that needed Trusted Installer or System security permissions. Since I didn't know which I affected, I chose to just reinstall windows 10 and start from scratch for science)

Best of luck to the bold.
    03-20-2016 05:28 AM
    Ok. Update folks:

After reinstalling 14291, I had no success duplicating a working driver. I suspect there were a few things I did differently previously that I just can't put my finger on. That's really a shame because I DID have it working flawlessly at one point.

For now, until a fix or new build is out, I have just reverted to my previous build as X1 Controller is more important to me than the new Edge changes. I use X1 Streaming daily and without a controller it's a no-go.

Feel free to experiment if you are willing. It may also not have been the d1-controller.sys and maybe more to do with xboxgip.sys (which I believe is also used in 360 controller). I do believe I messed with that one on the previous go around.

Best Regards
    03-21-2016 03:52 AM
    Bummer about the reinstall. My work around was just to stream within Steam (as the only games I use the controller are on Steam) to another computer that sits next to mine with the controller plugged into it. I am sure the next build will be fine.
    03-21-2016 04:45 PM
    03-23-2016 06:39 PM
    Interesting, I can't get to a log in screen. I also have a Steam controller and it works no problem. I have just been using that for the time being. I like the One controller better for most of the game I play with a controller. no biggie.
    03-25-2016 12:30 AM
    MS released build 14295 today that is supposed to fix the gamepad glitch.
    03-25-2016 02:08 PM