Windows 10 Preview 14316 warnings

Sunstorming

May 23, 2015
Visit site
There seems to be some problems with this build on 14316 and Surface devices.

My Surface Pro 3 (i3) was not on insider. This update looks really really cool. Good new features, etc. So I entered my SP3 back into the fast ring (I was still on the official build of the release, 10586.164) ... updated it and after maybe an hour there I was with the new build...

.. which after being on for 3 minutes, froze completely. Nothing would move on the screen, however the keyboard (SP4 Pro kb) would light up if you hit the a key.

After 5 reboots and disabling startup stuff, I figured it was a lost cause -- it just would freeze like I said, no input, no screen mouse movements) and took another hour figuring out how to boot the damn thing into recovery mode without a USB drive ... which is utterly ridiculous considering the idea of things being simpler nowadays.

Oh yeah, when I finally got to the correct menu, I had to enter in the easy to learn 49992 digit code for Bitlocker to know it was me.

Finally, what 3 hours after everything started, I was back to 10586.164 ... Weirdness, but it *IS* a very beta release on the SP3.

Ironicaly, I tested it on a Virtual Machine and desktop. Both went flawlessly. My desktop (Custom AMD 8320 8 core, 24GB RAM, Geforce TI 750 or something , 2GB/sec SSD) was also on release version 10586.164 ... updated beautifully and trying out new stuff there.

Chintan Gohel

May 23, 2014
Visit site
I installed it yesterday on my surface 3 and it had a few issues that got sorted after a couple of restarts except for kaspersky not able to work

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb