May 9, 2013
Visit site
Have 2laptops running insider
One has had update installed the other will not find it
Any one else having issue

jvanlew

Nov 20, 2012
Visit site
My SP3 won't find the update either but I did just switch back to the fast ring yesterday about 1PM so I may not be verified yet. I've heard it can take 24 hours or so for your verification to propogate.

MirthRock

Jun 16, 2015
Visit site
I haven't received it on my desktop but my laptop received it. I just rebuilt my desktop yesterday afternoon, rejoined insider, and let it sit overnight checking for the new update. No go. Is there anyway to force a recheck?

jdballard

Sep 20, 2011
Visit site
I'm not seeing it, either. Definitely in fast ring. Tried turning insider builds off and back on, switching from fast to slow, back to fast and nothing works. Hitting "check for updates" repeatedly doesn't help either. :)

jvanlew

Nov 20, 2012
Visit site
Yeah, all's quiet here too still. It's only been about 28 hours since I flipped the switch to the fast ring though.

averdadesalvara

Apr 13, 2013
Visit site
I tried to use the ISO to install but I don't have the serial number because Dell don't provide it with the XPS 15.
And I am waiting and waiting and nothing... Fast ring too.

peter leung 10586

Dec 13, 2015
Visit site
I tried to use the ISO to install but I don't have the serial number because Dell don't provide it with the XPS 15.
And I am waiting and waiting and nothing... Fast ring too.
if your device is licensed there should be no need to enter product key manually. I swiped everything in my surface book and gave it a clean install via an 10586 ISO. No prompt for product key input during the installation process and the windows was activated automatically. I even don't know the product key.

WillBthr

May 8, 2015
Visit site
I have a Surface 3 and after having trouble with stability with Insider 14291 I reinstalled (via USB ISO from MS site) back to the official release (Win10 Ver 1511 and I think it ended up at Build 264 after updating itself).

When I read about 14316 I wanted to try it. Started Insider Fast. No OS updates for two days. Then I installed (via USB ISO from MS) Insider 14295. No 14316 Insider update for over 24 hours.

Today I looked and noticed that Activation said - "Unable to access servers....". Couldn't figure that one out.

I also noticed that at some point in the process my Surface 3 was renamed (some arbitrary name like "Desktop-xyz" that I never gave it).

I renamed it back to what it was originally...it rebooted...14316 was downloading.

Last edited:

WillBthr

May 8, 2015
Visit site
Follow-up to my above post: Install of 14316 went fine and the Activation issue solved - activated. Insider can be fun and did I mention time consuming?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss