I live in Denmark, and we do not have Cortana support, which I understand as we are only 5 million people.

But I am starting to get pissed at Microsoft for making features that are only available if Cortana is activated

First of all, many of these features have nothing to do with voice recognition (Answer SMS on your computer, sleep mode where 2 calls are required to be passed through when you sleep on your phone)
    And propopbly more to come and some I dont know about.

I would just like to be able to activate it, but it be in english

I know I can work around, but that means US store, US language everywhere, thats not what I want.
    04-15-2016 05:44 AM
    The same is here, no Cortana for our country. But as you said - Cortana is more and more integrated and many features will not work without Cortana.
    Example - Quiet Hours in Windows Phone.
    It's a pity and for sure in this situation Microsoft sold to us not fully working products as advertised.
    :/
    04-15-2016 06:25 AM
    You were faster than me on this one :)
    Was just about to create a post about this.
    I'm also getting more and more frustrated about Microsoft shiping Cortana to just a few countries.
    They should at least enable the English version for insiders regardles of region.
    I would think that MS could leverage all the voice inputs from the insiders to teach/make cortana even better in English.
    It's not like everybody in the US is speaking standard english :)
    MS could maybe even make a Cortana training program for other languages.

I think that the "Cortana" languages is also used in MS Congnitive Services and the Bot Framework so others countries are going to lag behind in those areas to.

#disappointed

/Q
    04-16-2016 04:29 PM