I am wondering if it is interns that Run the Windows 10 Insider Program

ChefFabrizio

Nov 9, 2010
Visit site
I was happy running windows 8.1 on my Surface.

but about a month ago. I couldn't take the fact that no new software was coming to me.

so, I decided to use the insider program and upgrade. It was working so well on my 640xl, whatever could go wrong?

In short, everything. My first attempt at upgrading too literally 30 tries. Wouldn't sign me in, no Bluetooth, no Surface Keyboard, no onscreen keyboard. No pen support. Just a Moment screens for hours.

The only good thing is the Power button and Volume Down key. To boot directly from the USB drive. Saved my machine a dozen or so times.

Rollback feature is useless as I saw yet again last night. Rolled back a preview build and in the process created an unrecoverable Mail and Calendar app. Can't upgrade, can't downgrade. Only can reset. Oh yeah, THANKS MICROSOFT, for not using the windows 8.1 feature of loading a good image, with icon layout, and program lists. I HATE GABE AUL. I hate the whole MS team, and I forced to keep using it, because I hate GOOGLE AND APPLE MORE.

This is a complete clown collection. To try and fix a Bluetooth erratic (at best) situation, I tried the latest Insider build. AND? yes you guessed it, Event Tracing Fatal Error. Won't boot. Just BSOD every time I try.

The insider program is just a dog fooding process. I am not sure if they even test these things. How can Bluetooth be so unstable. On a random basis. Sometimes it works. And most times it doesn't.

I hate them. and I hate Windows 10.

Microsoft, get out of the Consumer business.

Pete

Retired Moderator
Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
And it doesn't occur to you that many thousands of people are using the Insider builds of Windows 10 on their computers without these fairly fundamental issues?

You can't really paint Microsoft with this brush if everyone else isn't having the same problems.

ChefFabrizio

Nov 9, 2010
Visit site
blame the victim? How silly.

I knew the risk, but didn't realize Bluetooth was such an advanced feature, that it can't be fixed.

it's only a problem if Everyone has it? Like you?

Silly

ChefFabrizio

Nov 9, 2010
Visit site
hardly, blaming you is much easier, because you are myopic. WIndows 10 has no ad blocking at any build. That's modern. LOTS of posts with Surface 3's having the same exact problem.

but, only YOUR opinion matters. Smug.

ChefFabrizio

Nov 9, 2010
Visit site
not being able to reinstall software from a prior image? Modern. Any build do that? Windows 8.1 did it with ease, on any build. Progress.

Bluetooth stack on Surface 3, is a mess. rarely works. Any build. Not just insider. Surface Keyboard. Randomly works. ANy build.

this would be acceptable if it was the first day of work for MS. It's not. They have been in business for 40 years. I've had NO build of windows 10 be stable. Or modern.

BaritoneGuy

Jun 20, 2012
Visit site
hardly, blaming you is much easier, because you are myopic. WIndows 10 has no ad blocking at any build. That's modern. LOTS of posts with Surface 3's having the same exact problem.

but, only YOUR opinion matters. Smug.

It appears it is the other way around. My surface 3 works just fine. If you go back to your original post you went from 8.1 to 10 Insider fast. Highly un-recommended. So now it is MS fault? SMH.

10586 branch works fine on the 3. Go there and stay there. You will be less bitter.

As far as adblocking goes there is more than one option. Use IE11 with tracking protection lists. They work pretty good. If you really want some fun use "hostsman" which not only blocks ads in Edge but does so system wide. Even in apps.

neo158

Oct 6, 2011
Visit site
People should have to pass a test before being allowed to participate in the insider program..............lol

To be fair it does give loads of warnings BEFORE installing it, that's why I have no sympathy for people who ignore warnings and then complain that the developer is a fault.

RumoredNow

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site

SammyD97

Jul 1, 2014
Visit site
If you wanted Windows 10 you should have gone on the production build. If ever you were a victim, you're a victim of yourself. Not the insider program or Microsoft.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lolz1234