Last 2 Insider Builds causing unstable task bar and desktop

rmmoore80

Aug 20, 2011
Visit site
The last two insider builds for Windows 10 PC have caused me to have very unstable task bar, start menu, and desktop experiences. I even wiped my Surface Book and rebuilt it fresh and the problem still persists. Is anyone else experiencing this? It's made my Surface Book unusable. Has Microsoft acknowledged this issue? I haven't seen it in any of the "current issues" lists.

Chintan Gohel

May 23, 2014
Visit site
The last two insider builds for Windows 10 PC have caused me to have very unstable task bar, start menu, and desktop experiences. I even wiped my Surface Book and rebuilt it fresh and the problem still persists. Is anyone else experiencing this? It's made my Surface Book unusable. Has Microsoft acknowledged this issue? I haven't seen it in any of the "current issues" lists.

I remember reading about another insider using the fast builds on their surface book and the device just died - they had to get a replacement. If you're having serious issues, even after a factory reset, it would be better to go back to a stable 10586 build before some permanenent damage occurs. Try to use the insider builds on a secondary device and not your primary pc

rgc6789

May 19, 2012
Visit site
I'm having the same issue. For me, it's related to skype preview and messaging. When someone sends me a message, taskbar, etc. reset. It's annoying. I'm on slow ring, though I may just uninstall the skype preview and install the desktop version.

I tried resetting the system after the update last week, but it did not fix the issue.

rgc6789

May 19, 2012
Visit site
I also reported it on feedback and there was another person having the same issue. Go there and up vote the issue. The more people who report it there, the quicker they will fix it.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
EyeTea