Windows 10 - 14376 - OneDrive instability.

MrChris2000

Dec 15, 2014
Visit site
I updated to 14376 last night and this morning OneDrive has been crashing constantly - I left the room for an hour, came back and had about 10 OneDrive icons in the system tray that all vanished as I moused over them.

I've slung it into the feedback app, but curious to know if anyone else has observed this?

Chintan Gohel

May 23, 2014
Visit site
I updated to 14376 last night and this morning OneDrive has been crashing constantly - I left the room for an hour, came back and had about 10 OneDrive icons in the system tray that all vanished as I moused over them.

I've slung it into the feedback app, but curious to know if anyone else has observed this?

Check for new updates, 14379 was released

MrChris2000

Dec 15, 2014
Visit site
Yeah, but there is no network issue.
I suspect I may have put a file in here that OneDrive doesn't like (my other PC on the same build is not suffering this issue), but there's nothing in any logs that points me at whats wrong (that said I am only looking at the event logs - does OneDrive log anywhere else?).

MrChris2000

Dec 15, 2014
Visit site
Yeah, it was content; deleted a couple of folders with long file paths in them that I noticed hadn't been synced with my other machine and suddenly its all back up and running.
Needs better error handling / reporting.

Chintan Gohel

May 23, 2014
Visit site
Yeah, it was content; deleted a couple of folders with long file paths in them that I noticed hadn't been synced with my other machine and suddenly its all back up and running.
Needs better error handling / reporting.

the error message for long path name is there but I guess in the insider builds it went missing

EliteShim

Jul 4, 2016
Visit site
You can find the logs in %LOCALAPPDATA%\Microsoft\OneDrive\Logs - maybe they'll point at what's going on so you can resolve on your own.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
powerupgo