Skype UWP preview with SMS

MBY

Mar 5, 2014
Visit site
Hi,
I just switched to the latest Redstone build from the Release Preview Ring based on Dan's posts. I was sad to hear about Messaging Everywhere being discontinued, as I'd really like to text from my PC. It sounded like Skype UWP Preview would allow you to do this, and in fact Skype Desktop seems like it could by adding phone numbers manually, but I haven't figured out how.

I have "sync my Skype contacts with the People app" turned on. I still only have a few contacts in Skype, not all the people I have phone numbers for. And for those people who are listed, I don't see any option anywhere to send via text rather than Skype.

Is this just not ready yet?

Chintan Gohel

May 23, 2014
Visit site
Hi,
I just switched to the latest Redstone build from the Release Preview Ring based on Dan's posts. I was sad to hear about Messaging Everywhere being discontinued, as I'd really like to text from my PC. It sounded like Skype UWP Preview would allow you to do this, and in fact Skype Desktop seems like it could by adding phone numbers manually, but I haven't figured out how.

I have "sync my Skype contacts with the People app" turned on. I still only have a few contacts in Skype, not all the people I have phone numbers for. And for those people who are listed, I don't see any option anywhere to send via text rather than Skype.

Is this just not ready yet?

it hasn't been introduced yet in the redstone builds, but will be in the future

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bevitalglucopre