Hi,
    I just switched to the latest Redstone build from the Release Preview Ring based on Dan's posts. I was sad to hear about Messaging Everywhere being discontinued, as I'd really like to text from my PC. It sounded like Skype UWP Preview would allow you to do this, and in fact Skype Desktop seems like it could by adding phone numbers manually, but I haven't figured out how.

I have "sync my Skype contacts with the People app" turned on. I still only have a few contacts in Skype, not all the people I have phone numbers for. And for those people who are listed, I don't see any option anywhere to send via text rather than Skype.

Is this just not ready yet?
    07-01-2016 01:57 PM
    Hi,
    I just switched to the latest Redstone build from the Release Preview Ring based on Dan's posts. I was sad to hear about Messaging Everywhere being discontinued, as I'd really like to text from my PC. It sounded like Skype UWP Preview would allow you to do this, and in fact Skype Desktop seems like it could by adding phone numbers manually, but I haven't figured out how.

I have "sync my Skype contacts with the People app" turned on. I still only have a few contacts in Skype, not all the people I have phone numbers for. And for those people who are listed, I don't see any option anywhere to send via text rather than Skype.

Is this just not ready yet?
    it hasn't been introduced yet in the redstone builds, but will be in the future
    07-02-2016 07:21 AM