Last connected USB device did not work and Windows doesn't recognize it

PHuba

Mar 5, 2016
Visit site
I got a few times (not frequently at all) the message (translated from french) "Last connected USB device did not work and Windows doesn't recognize it" but this appeared under circumstances where no USB device was connected at all (at least no external devices using USB ... maybe some Internal ones). I have a Microsoft Surface Pro 3 running Windows 10 insider preview 14372 (slow ring).
See attached snapshot. Anyone an idea?usb-device-unknown.png

Chintan Gohel

May 23, 2014
Visit site
I got a few times (not frequently at all) the message (translated from french) "Last connected USB device did not work and Windows doesn't recognize it" but this appeared under circumstances where no USB device was connected at all (at least no external devices using USB ... maybe some Internal ones). I have a Microsoft Surface Pro 3 running Windows 10 insider preview 14372 (slow ring).
See attached snapshot. Anyone an idea?View attachment 128397

does it cause any issues aside from the popup message? it could be like that message that came recently telling insiders that their windows was expiring a week later

PHuba

Mar 5, 2016
Visit site
does it cause any issues aside from the popup message? it could be like that message that came recently telling insiders that their windows was expiring a week later
Non none (that I know). How could I get information regarding what "last USB device" Windows believe I have connected?

Chintan Gohel

May 23, 2014
Visit site
Non none (that I know). How could I get information regarding what "last USB device" Windows believe I have connected?

I'm not sure about that one, perhaps connect all the USB devices you remember using in the recent past that you have with you. Might be a flas drive or USB mouse or phone.

As long as it does nothing, you can ignore it. but make sure your USB port is actually working

PHuba

Mar 5, 2016
Visit site
I'm not sure about that one, perhaps connect all the USB devices you remember using in the recent past that you have with you. Might be a flas drive or USB mouse or phone. As long as it does nothing, you can ignore it. but make sure your USB port is actually working
Thank you Chintan - all this is common sense and of course I did check this both devices I previously connected and USB port as far as I could check.
does not help much. Thanks anyway.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss