Microsoft Edge - Language Translation - This is hot

Jazmac

Jun 20, 2011
Visit site
Since this latest TP build, (14390) I decided to go full-on Microsoft Edge browsing 24/7. My normal browser has been Mozilla Firefox but I want to try using Microsoft Edge for all my browser habits and so far, I've not been disappointed. But I've also made a discovery I wanted to share with those that might not have seen this language translation gem. I think this is kinda hot, especially if you read a lot of tech blogs as I do. Check these screens from windowsarea.de:

Before Translation. The is a screenshot using my Greenshot app to capture this

Edge -  Before Translation.png

Step One: Highlighting the text you want translated. Just marquee the area with your mouse, right click and chose Translate text

Edge - During Translation.png

Step three: The result on the webpage itself:

Edge - after translation.png
Boom! Instant translation. Is it perfect word-for-word translation? Perhaps not but at least now I can read the story. I probably would not have discovered this had I not decided to go full on Microsoft Edge web browsing. Before you say it, this translation utility is available in IE 11 but the result is in a tiny window. Microsoft Edge, translates the page. This for me is exciting thought I would share.

Chintan Gohel

May 23, 2014
Visit site
See the first line in my comments, about 5 words in.

you've mentioned TP which I take it to mean threshold preview but you've also said 14390 which is the latest redstone build - so I got confused and assumed you tested this on 14390. :smile:

I just tried this on my pc, running 10586.490 - it doesn't work. So it's a new feature added in the redstone builds - that's great to know

Jazmac

Jun 20, 2011
Visit site
you've mentioned TP which I take it to mean threshold preview but you've also said 14390 which is the latest redstone build - so I got confused and assumed you tested this on 14390. :smile:

I just tried this on my pc, running 10586.490 - it doesn't work. So it's a new feature added in the redstone builds - that's great to know
Ahhh, probably. Why are you not running TP? Work related stuff?

Chintan Gohel

May 23, 2014
Visit site
Ahhh, probably. Why are you not running TP? Work related stuff?

I tried insider once on my surface 3 but some functionality disappeared from the device, especially with picture viewing and my brother was mad with that - so I had to stay on official release. If I had a spare pc, I would definitely try it - or if I had my own pc that I don't share with anyone

At work I have an old machine with xp installed :crying:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ailanamargarett