Since this latest TP build, (14390) I decided to go full-on Microsoft Edge browsing 24/7. My normal browser has been Mozilla Firefox but I want to try using Microsoft Edge for all my browser habits and so far, I've not been disappointed. But I've also made a discovery I wanted to share with those that might not have seen this language translation gem. I think this is kinda hot, especially if you read a lot of tech blogs as I do. Check these screens from windowsarea.de:

Before Translation. The is a screenshot using my Greenshot app to capture this

edge-before-translation.png

Step One: Highlighting the text you want translated. Just marquee the area with your mouse, right click and chose Translate text

edge-during-translation.png

Step three: The result on the webpage itself:

edge-after-translation.png
    Boom! Instant translation. Is it perfect word-for-word translation? Perhaps not but at least now I can read the story. I probably would not have discovered this had I not decided to go full on Microsoft Edge web browsing. Before you say it, this translation utility is available in IE 11 but the result is in a tiny window. Microsoft Edge, translates the page. This for me is exciting thought I would share.
    07-17-2016 10:29 AM
    does this work in the current threshold builds?
    07-17-2016 12:30 PM
    does this work in the current threshold builds?
    See the first line in my comments, about 5 words in.
    07-17-2016 12:50 PM
    See the first line in my comments, about 5 words in.
    you've mentioned TP which I take it to mean threshold preview but you've also said 14390 which is the latest redstone build - so I got confused and assumed you tested this on 14390.

I just tried this on my pc, running 10586.490 - it doesn't work. So it's a new feature added in the redstone builds - that's great to know
    Jazmac likes this.
    07-17-2016 01:32 PM
    you've mentioned TP which I take it to mean threshold preview but you've also said 14390 which is the latest redstone build - so I got confused and assumed you tested this on 14390.

I just tried this on my pc, running 10586.490 - it doesn't work. So it's a new feature added in the redstone builds - that's great to know
    Ahhh, probably. Why are you not running TP? Work related stuff?
    07-17-2016 10:24 PM
    Ahhh, probably. Why are you not running TP? Work related stuff?
    I tried insider once on my surface 3 but some functionality disappeared from the device, especially with picture viewing and my brother was mad with that - so I had to stay on official release. If I had a spare pc, I would definitely try it - or if I had my own pc that I don't share with anyone

At work I have an old machine with xp installed
    07-18-2016 01:48 AM