Hey guys, just looking for some suggestions before I go ahead and refresh my pc. I was on build 14393.3 for a couple of days before I started getting a error message whenever i restarted my computer. It was the blue screen with the frowny face that said a critical process died. I rolled back to 14393 and everything has been fine, except I cant get the update to get back to 14393.3 or the new 14393.5 build. Everytime i check for an update it says my device is up to date. I would just stay on the build im on now, but edge wont let me uninstall adblock plus which isnt working. I tried installing ad block but even that is failing. I tried stopping windows update and changing the software distribution folder to force the update but that hasnt worked. The troubleshooter said it fixed a few things with windows update, but that didnt help either. Im just wondering if there is anything else to try before doing a clean install.

Posted via the Windows Central App for Android
    07-27-2016 03:33 PM
    Hey guys, just looking for some suggestions before I go ahead and refresh my pc. I was on build 14393.3 for a couple of days before I started getting a error message whenever i restarted my computer. It was the blue screen with the frowny face that said a critical process died. I rolled back to 14393 and everything has been fine, except I cant get the update to get back to 14393.3 or the new 14393.5 build. Everytime i check for an update it says my device is up to date. I would just stay on the build im on now, but edge wont let me uninstall adblock plus which isnt working. I tried installing ad block but even that is failing. I tried stopping windows update and changing the software distribution folder to force the update but that hasnt worked. The troubleshooter said it fixed a few things with windows update, but that didnt help either. Im just wondering if there is anything else to try before doing a clean install.

Posted via the Windows Central App for Android
    give it time, maybe a day and check for updates again - if it does fail, then do a reset
    07-28-2016 12:51 AM