Presumptive Nominee for AU 10.0.14393.5 Discussion (Redstone Branch; Inactive)

RumoredNow

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Anniversary Preview cumulative update now rolling out to Slow ring and Release Preview Insiders | Windows Central
Anniversary Preview cumulative update build 14393.5 now available | Windows Central

This build and version is now on every Insider Ring (except Production which is really withdrawing from Insider) so it looks to be the likely Anniversary Update Nominee.

Issues? Bugs? Solutions? For all things Windows 10 version 10.0.14393.5, discuss it all here.

[TIP]Basic tip

If you're having any issues with your device, try a reset.

Settings > Update & security > Recovery > Reset this PC > This provides you with two options: 1. keep my files and 2. remove everything[/TIP]

[TIP]Keep my files

Does just as its name describes. If you choose the setting you can reinstall Windows 10 without having to back up any of the pictures, videos, music and documents that you have stored on it. You absolutely should back up these things just in case, but you shouldn’t need to use that back up. Keep My Files requires a certain amount of free space on your device. As such, it may be unavailable to you if your device is stuffed with a lot of files. If you get an error message asking for more storage when you choose this option you’ll need to back up your files and choose the remove everything option. You could also delete any files that you aren’t using on your device and try the option again. This option will take longer than the other options.[/TIP]

[TIP]Remove Everything

Deletes every file, every setting from your device and gives you a blank copy of Windows 10 to work with. You’ll need to add any files you have backed up to your device again [/TIP]

James8561

Dec 3, 2012
Visit site
Re: Presumptive Nominee for AU 10.0.14393.5 Discussion (Redstone Branch; Fast, Slow & Release Rings)

I'm currently on the RP ring and I can't get this update. Windows update just says "your device is up to date"
I've tried stopping insider and starting insider, changing rings to slow, fast, etc but no change

Chintan Gohel

May 23, 2014
Visit site
Re: Presumptive Nominee for AU 10.0.14393.5 Discussion (Redstone Branch; Fast, Slow & Release Rings)

I updated to redstone build 14393.5 and one issue I've noticed is that when I start my pc after hibernating, the sign or lock screen wallpaper is missing. It will be there when resuming from sleep or fresh start but not from hibernate

Chintan Gohel

May 23, 2014
Visit site

I'm currently on the RP ring and I can't get this update. Windows update just says "your device is up to date"
I've tried stopping insider and starting insider, changing rings to slow, fast, etc but no change

it can take a while -mine took a day to detect

James8561

Dec 3, 2012
Visit site

Yup got the update now. Also noticed that the Insider Hub is nowhere to be found and can't be installed in optional features either

Chintan Gohel

May 23, 2014
Visit site

Yup got the update now. Also noticed that the Insider Hub is nowhere to be found and can't be installed in optional features either

just finish all updates and app updates and then restart your pc, then check again

wgs84

Jan 2, 2014
Visit site

I updated to redstone build 14393.5 and one issue I've noticed is that when I start my pc after hibernating, the sign or lock screen wallpaper is missing. It will be there when resuming from sleep or fresh start but not from hibernate

Yeah, I have this issue on both of my tablets. Someone else on this forum upgraded a Surface to Redstone and is also missing the lockscreen wallpaper. It works fine on my laptop though. 14393.5 is actually kinda buggy on my tablets (connected standby battery drain, start screen graphical issues, sticky notes not launching, missing lockscreen wallpaper), but my laptop has none of those issues. And I have hard reset after updating the tablets. It's just kind of funky on them.

Chintan Gohel

May 23, 2014
Visit site

Yeah, I have this issue on both of my tablets. Someone else on this forum upgraded a Surface to Redstone and is also missing the lockscreen wallpaper. It works fine on my laptop though. 14393.5 is actually kinda buggy on my tablets (connected standby battery drain, start screen graphical issues, sticky notes not launching, missing lockscreen wallpaper), but my laptop has none of those issues. And I have hard reset after updating the tablets. It's just kind of funky on them.

well, we just have to wait for that update to come out to fix it,
i've submitted feedback: feedback-hub:?contextid=84&feedbackid=2819df35-8793-436c-a6f3-6056436b11be&form=1&src=2

TK2011

Nov 21, 2012
Visit site

Wow, I installed the AU last night and this morning I find my 2TB external USB 3.0 drive not being recognized by Windows anymore. I thought ok maybe I need to reinstall the driver for USB3.0 PCI-E card I have. Wrong. PCI-E card is fine, the drive just shows up as "unallocated" in Disk Manager. Holy crap. I use that for File History backup and all my backup is gone. I will try if I can recover the disk but I probably will have to reformat and recreate the whole File History.

UPDATE: External drive is okay, it's recognized by another PC (no AU) and I see the contents. AU patched W10 just has trouble recognizing the drive. I see a bunch of people complaining about this issue in Feedback app. This is very common setup. MS needs to fix this before pushing AU to everyone.

Last edited:

Chintan Gohel

May 23, 2014
Visit site

Wow, I installed the AU last night and this morning I find my 2TB external USB 3.0 drive not being recognized by Windows anymore. I thought ok maybe I need to reinstall the driver for USB3.0 PCI-E card I have. Wrong. PCI-E card is fine, the drive just shows up as "unallocated" in Disk Manager. Holy crap. I use that for File History backup and all my backup is gone. I will try if I can recover the disk but I probably will have to reformat and recreate the whole File History.

UPDATE: External drive is okay, it's recognized by another PC (no AU) and I see the contents. AU patched W10 just has trouble recognizing the drive. I see a bunch of people complaining about this issue in Feedback app. This is very common setup. MS needs to fix this before pushing AU to everyone.

maybe a different port could work? :grincry: Or removing it from known/recognised devices?

TK2011

Nov 21, 2012
Visit site

maybe a different port could work? :grincry: Or removing it from known/recognised devices?
I've tried different ports (even USB2) and it didn't help. I just ended up reformatting the drive and restarted File History from scratch. Not a big deal for me as it was only a backup (and I also keep a secondary backup), but it could have been a disaster for someone else using it for other purposes.

The drive was enabled for Bitlocker and I wonder if there's a bug in that area in the AU. When I plug it into another PC without AU, it asks for Bitlocker password. I got nothing from the AU patched PC. Anyway, there's enough people with the same issue in Feedback Hub so I am afraid this rather serious bug will hit A LOT of people tomorrow. :(

Chintan Gohel

May 23, 2014
Visit site

The missing background wallpaper issue I had got solved somehow - I didn't do anything :smile:

mtf1380

Nov 30, 2015
Visit site
Re: Presumptive Nominee for AU 10.0.14393.5 Discussion (Redstone Branch, Inactive)

I don't know WTF is going on:

PC - OS BUILD: 14393.51: Locked up; had to do a hard Restart (lost every thing that was on the Computer at the time); have lost the use of some important Apps.

SP3-OS BUILD: 14393.51: Locked up; was able to go to Task Manager and "END" Settings (Settings was stuck and would not respond); had to do a Restart; have lost the use of some of the SAME important Apps as on the PC????

ANYONE having these problems?????

RumoredNow

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Re: Presumptive Nominee for AU 10.0.14393.5 Discussion (Redstone Branch, Inactive)

I don't know WTF is going on:

PC - OS BUILD: 14393.51: Locked up; had to do a hard Restart (lost every thing that was on the Computer at the time); have lost the use of some important Apps.

SP3-OS BUILD: 14393.51: Locked up; was able to go to Task Manager and "END" Settings (Settings was stuck and would not respond); had to do a Restart; have lost the use of some of the SAME important Apps as on the PC????

ANYONE having these problems?????

Sorry, no issues like that here at all... 14393.10, 64bit, Dell Inspiron i3543.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb