Confused about text messages

xzb6np

Apr 22, 2012
Visit site
I thought they removed text notifications from the last few builds and that someday it would return via skype but I get them on my desktop and tablet in the notifications and can reply to them. What is going on?

Chintan Gohel

May 23, 2014
Visit site
I thought they removed text notifications from the last few builds and that someday it would return via skype but I get them on my desktop and tablet in the notifications and can reply to them. What is going on?

they removed skype integration meaning that you wouldn't see any skype messages in the messaging app and also you wouldn't be able to reply to messages from the desktop

This would happen if both your windows devices are on anniversary update or on redstone builds

gbm97

Aug 23, 2015
Visit site
Today I clicked on an incoming text message notification balloon just to see where it would go to.
I found that clicking the notification balloon it opens up the Windows Store Messaging + Skype app page.
No Install button but rather a Launch button which means its already installed... but its not.
I have a unworkable Messaging app and a Skype Preview app.
Looking forward to when both broken apps merge to make one working let me see and send my text messages over all my devices once and for all.

xzb6np

Apr 22, 2012
Visit site
Oddly I am able to reply to text messages from desktop notification window. I am running latest builds in my phone and desktop. But if I click in a text message in my desktop notifications to open it as opposed to reply, it takes me to the windows store to the messaging + skype app. If I manually open that app I see some texts in it but they are not up to date.

Trunks817

Feb 7, 2013
Visit site
just got installed the update on my 950 xl and on my surface pro 3 and the messages and skype app works perfectly for me. It pulled all of my texts, I get new texts and can respond to texts from my surface, This is so freaking awesome. Makes me love my surface pro 3 and windows phone so much more now!

Trunks817

Feb 7, 2013
Visit site
I take it back, The messaging app has stopped updating and I can't send anything out through it. Though any texts I receive from the action center I can respond to okay.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoshRos