Windows 10 Preview build 14905 Discussion (Redstone 2; Inactive)

RumoredNow

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
http://www.windowscentral.com/windo...ew-build-14905-rolling-out-fast-ring-insiders

This build and version is currently only for PC on Insider Fast.

Issues? Bugs? Solutions? For all things Windows 10 build 14905, discuss it here.

[TIP]Basic tip

If you're having any issues with your device, try a reset.

Settings > Update & security > Recovery > Reset this PC > This provides you with two options: 1. keep my files and 2. remove everything[/TIP]

[TIP]Keep my files

Does just as its name describes. If you choose the setting you can reinstall Windows 10 without having to back up any of the pictures, videos, music and documents that you have stored on it. You absolutely should back up these things just in case, but you shouldn’t need to use that back up. Keep My Files requires a certain amount of free space on your device. As such, it may be unavailable to you if your device is stuffed with a lot of files. If you get an error message asking for more storage when you choose this option you’ll need to back up your files and choose the remove everything option. You could also delete any files that you aren’t using on your device and try the option again. This option will take longer than the other options.[/TIP]

[TIP]Remove Everything

Deletes every file, every setting from your device and gives you a blank copy of Windows 10 to work with. You’ll need to add any files you have backed up to your device again [/TIP]

Last edited by a moderator:

Ma Rio

Sep 28, 2013
Visit site
re: Windows 10 Preview build 14905 Discussion (Redstone 2; Fast Ring)

And we're off!
Can't wait to get later builds on my devices. I don't plan on testing the first ones.

TheSuperShoe

Oct 31, 2012
Visit site

My SP3 gets stuck at 87% when "configuring update for Windows 10"... I have to turn it off to stop it.

shorski

Mar 30, 2015
Visit site

Finally showed up, downloaded and Installed.

Iain_S

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

this build seems to have a settings app problem which either crashes or gives an error when trying to do anything within the app. either on upgrade or clean install this problem happens.

cool8man

Mar 19, 2011
Visit site

Is there anyway to rollback 14901 to the previous OS install?

I didn't realize how broken this version was going to be. Tablet mode doesn't exist and I'm trying to use this on a tablet. Settings crashes, apps will not load. The recovery options are all missing or grayed out and when I click on "Go back to an earlier build" nothing happens. Any ideas on how I can get back to the previous build?

hqdefault.jpg

Last edited:

gbm97

Aug 23, 2015
Visit site

My tablet running the current fast ring version has the same troubles as cool8man only my tablet is stuck in tablet mode with no way out. Settings Recovery options are greyed out. The only thing working in Recovery is a link to download a fresh install of Windows 10...loosing the hours of fine tuning and app installations along with the anxiety of hoping for success at the end of it all.

Diehard Insider

shorski

Mar 30, 2015
Visit site

this build seems to have a settings app problem which either crashes or gives an error when trying to do anything within the app. either on upgrade or clean install this problem happens.
Settings app works fine for me.
I did an upgrade.

Iain_S

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

put the AU iso on your hard drive and install from there, it will install and roll back to the AU version.

aniskhan001

Sep 18, 2015
Visit site

The Windows Central app crashes on build 14901. It was fine on the last build. I tried resetting the app and uninstall/reinstall several times with no luck!

fcasteve

Feb 14, 2016
Visit site
Re: Windows 10 Preview build 14905 Discussion (Redstone 2; Fast Ring)

I have noticed 2 issues on 14905 - power button on start menu does not work; windows central will not launch.

shorski

Mar 30, 2015
Visit site

I have noticed 2 issues on 14905 - power button on start menu does not work; windows central will not launch.
Same here for the power button.
To shut down my pc or put it to sleep, I put my pc to lockscreen(windows key & L button) and then shut down from there.

Jessicator

Feb 20, 2014
Visit site

Same here for the power button.
To shut down my pc or put it to sleep, I put my pc to lockscreen(windows key & L button) and then shut down from there.
Another option is to right click on the Start button (or press Win-X on the keyboard) and select "Shut down or sign out"

Jessicator

Feb 20, 2014
Visit site

... on 14905 - ... windows central will not launch.

Please could someone at Mobile Nations let us know if the issue of the Windows Central app failing on launch on builds 14901 and 14905 is being looked into?

DenMag

Aug 6, 2014
Visit site

Dell XPS 8 Tablet. Ditto on Power button. Also, Settings App crashes, stuck in Tablet mode, and other apps look like they crashed, but are in the background and have to switch to them from the blank screen. Really how a new build is on it's way as this was on of the worst in quite awhile.

BBStapleton

Aug 30, 2016
Visit site

It's a great build. No major changes, some stability fixes. Great job by the Windows 10 team!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
COME ON WIN ANDROID (ADI)