PC is not accessible. You might not have permission to use this network resource???

DoDeH1

Aug 11, 2014
Visit site
Hi,

starting with the last two builds I can not access any of my network devices. It says something like:
xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx is not accessible. You might not have permission to use this network resource. Contact the administratior of this server to find out if you have access permissions.

What would be the solution?

DoDeH1

Aug 11, 2014
Visit site
having the same issue with my nas servers... this kills me how they seem to break this often..

This would not be a problem if they fix it with the next build. after all it's a common function. But this function is not working for the last two builds. Microsoft is not even saying that it's a known bug. It's tragic how they manage the priorities.

Chintan Gohel

May 23, 2014
Visit site
If spotlight breaks for every pc user worldwide, they have to fix that rapidly. Network connected hard drives which a small percentage use and even a smaller percentage are affected by? It can take longer

DoDeH1

Aug 11, 2014
Visit site
If spotlight breaks for every pc user worldwide, they have to fix that rapidly. Network connected hard drives which a small percentage use and even a smaller percentage are affected by? It can take longer

I think you are very wrong. It's used by a big percentage of the users especially those with NAS.

Chintan Gohel

May 23, 2014
Visit site
I think you are very wrong. It's used by a big percentage of the users especially those with NAS.

You could be right: but before coming on to the forums as an ambassador, I had never heard of NAS and related fields - I have never seen that where I am and I've seen thousands of pcs and laptops over the years at college and work and other places

DoDeH1

Aug 11, 2014
Visit site
Well I found something interesting.
If I log to the PC with my local account (not the MS one) then everything is ok. I can access my network devices.
If I link my local account with the MS one then it stops working.

Any solution?

DoDeH1

Aug 11, 2014
Visit site
Ok,

I found the solution. Actualy this thing is related to the MS protection.
These are the steps:
  1. Go to User Accounts.
  2. Click or tap on Manage Windows Credentials. Or, go to Credentials Manager then Windows Credentials tab.
  3. Click or tap on Add a Windows credential.
  4. Enter the remote server computer name as the Internet or network address (192.168.1.2 in my case), and then enter the user name (root in my case) and password (empty in my case).

Chintan Gohel

May 23, 2014
Visit site
Ok,

I found the solution. Actualy this thing is related to the MS protection.
These are the steps:
  1. Go to User Accounts.
  2. Click or tap on Manage Windows Credentials. Or, go to Credentials Manager then Windows Credentials tab.
  3. Click or tap on Add a Windows credential.
  4. Enter the remote server computer name as the Internet or network address (192.168.1.2 in my case), and then enter the user name (root in my case) and password (empty in my case).

great that you found the solution - mind if I borrow it and share with others that might have the same problem?

WhatHow

Jun 28, 2017
Visit site
Hi,

starting with the last two builds I can not access any of my network devices. It says something like:
xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx is not accessible. You might not have permission to use this network resource. Contact the administratior of this server to find out if you have access permissions.

What would be the solution?

Error:- You might not have permission to use this network resource | Contact the administrator : Solved

May help you:-

Error Message:- \\Localhost is not accessible. You might not have permission to use this network resource. Contact the administrator of this server to find out if you have access permissions.

Step 1 :- disable the antivirus.....program

step:- 2.. check the firewall settings..

Steps 3:- go to control panel..... user account ....... manage credentials............ and from the save password
valet remove from the list of the save password and open again the network... and remove the save credential.

https://youtu.be/reYFpz41NoA

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss