Windows 10 Preview build 14931 Discussion (Redstone 2; Inactive)

RumoredNow

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Windows 10 PC build 14931 now available for Fast ring Insiders | Windows Central

Dona Sarkar noted:
We now have native support for USB Audio 2.0 devices with an inbox class driver! This is an early version of the driver that does not have all features enabled, for e.g.: only playback (render) is supported with this version. Recording (capture) support is scheduled to arrive in later iterations. We encourage you to play with the driver and let us know what you think (using the Feedback app).
PC users who use third party drivers for your USB Audio 2.0 device can switch over to Microsoft's early drivers with a workaround.

Fixes:

• We fixed the issue causing people to experience a black screen when signing out and switching to another user account and unable to log in to that account.
  • We fixed the issue causing the built-in Windows 10 apps such as Calculator, Alarms & Clock, and Voice Recorder to not work after updating to a new build.

Known Issues:

• While using Narrator and Groove Music, if you navigate to the progress bar while a song is playing then Narrator will continually speak the progress of the song e.g. update with the current time of the progress bar every second. The result is you will be unable to listen to the song or hear any other control you navigate to.
  • Oracle VM VirtualBox will crash on launch after upgrading to this build.
  • components may not work after upgrading to this build. To get it working again, go to "Turn Windows features on or off", scroll down and check the right optional component and click ok. After a reboot, the optional component will be enabled again.
  • For keyboard users, using tab to navigate the Settings app will not work in this build. The arrow keys should work as a temporary workaround.
  • Tencent apps and games will cause your PC to bugcheck (bluescreen).

This build and version is currently only for PC on Insider Fast.

Issues? Bugs? Solutions? For all things Windows 10 build 14931, discuss it here.

[TIP]Basic tip

If you're having any issues with your device, try a reset.

Settings > Update & security > Recovery > Reset this PC > This provides you with two options: 1. keep my files and 2. remove everything[/TIP]

[TIP]Keep my files

Does just as its name describes. If you choose the setting you can reinstall Windows 10 without having to back up any of the pictures, videos, music and documents that you have stored on it. You absolutely should back up these things just in case, but you shouldn?t need to use that back up. Keep My Files requires a certain amount of free space on your device. As such, it may be unavailable to you if your device is stuffed with a lot of files. If you get an error message asking for more storage when you choose this option you?ll need to back up your files and choose the remove everything option. You could also delete any files that you aren?t using on your device and try the option again. This option will take longer than the other options.[/TIP]

[TIP]Remove Everything

Deletes every file, every setting from your device and gives you a blank copy of Windows 10 to work with. You?ll need to add any files you have backed up to your device again [/TIP]

speccy

May 9, 2013
Visit site
Re: Windows 10 Preview build 14931 Discussion (Redstone 2; Fast Ring)

Same problem as before, the last update kept failing to install, but then for no reason suddenly installed, I'm back in the same boat with the latest version. It downloads but fails to install. Have run the "windows update troubleshooter" and it finds and repairs stuff, but doesn't actually fix the problem .

Ron Gorodnitsky

Sep 23, 2016
Visit site

I can't even install this build, downloads ok but fails to install with generic error 0x8007000e. Any ideas?

speccy

May 9, 2013
Visit site

I can't even install this build, downloads ok but fails to install with generic error 0x8007000e. Any ideas?

Exactly the same issue as me. You could try the "Windows update troubleshooter", but although it found problems and fixed them on my PC, I was still unable to install the update... Still can't :(

Ron Gorodnitsky

Sep 23, 2016
Visit site

Exactly the same issue as me. You could try the "Windows update troubleshooter", but although it found problems and fixed them on my PC, I was still unable to install the update... Still can't :(

Yeah, same here... I hope someone will help us...

speccy

May 9, 2013
Visit site

Mine installed finally, don't know why it wouldn't install before, but this is exactly how it was with the last build too. Weird. At least I can switch users now without having to reboot every time.

Ron Gorodnitsky

Sep 23, 2016
Visit site
Yeah, tried to install the new one, also tried to uninstall updates but there are none to be uninstalled, also I can't go back to an earlier build because 14905 was more than 10 days ago... I don't know what can I do...

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss