14942 Won't Install

demon09

Apr 28, 2016
Visit site
Downloaded on my back up laptop for fast ring, tried to install, hangs at 81% after an hour during the restart phase. I rolled back and tried to redownload and install, and it seems to be hanging at 81% again after about a half hour. Anyone else having issues with installing this one?

Jmazzz

Oct 7, 2016
Visit site
Downloaded on my back up laptop for fast ring, tried to install, hangs at 81% after an hour during the restart phase. I rolled back and tried to redownload and install, and it seems to be hanging at 81% again after about a half hour. Anyone else having issues with installing this one?

Everything you wrote happened to me except It hangs at 79%

Tim Charlick

Oct 8, 2016
Visit site
Same issue with SP3. Stuck at 81% for over an hour. No version of RS 2 has not worked properly on my SP3. Start menu not working at all. Opens and immediately closes and no app tiles menu opening either. Very disappointing. Everything worked well up to the anniversary release. Bring back Gabe.

DrPuppy

Feb 28, 2015
Visit site
You guys should try uninstalling antivirus / antimalware software. Both my computers kept failing around the same points as well, and uninstalling Malwarebytes worked.

And it has nothing to do with Gabe being gone. This is the Insider program. They give ample warning that some things may not work or be stable. There's an expectation that you'll be able to provide feedback so they can fix these things (or at least supply them with your telemetry data). If these things aren't palatable to you, then maybe the program isn't for you.

Last edited:

DrPuppy

Feb 28, 2015
Visit site
Thanks for your response. Are you always an arrogant ******* when responding? Nobody who posted their issues here was vile, arrogant and unprofessional as you. Perhaps you should seek professional help. You obviously have unresolved issues.
I think you're exaggerating a bit, but I apologize for offending you. My comment wasn't directed at you, but about issues with W10 being a result of Gabe leaving. I didn't think that was fair to them.
Has my suggestion worked for anyone who has tried it?

Shouldnotbecoding

Oct 8, 2016
Visit site
DrPuppy - I don't see any reason for you to apologize and appreciate the tip on the anti-virus - I had both Malwarebytes and Norton installed and temporarily removed both. Build Installed without a problem!!! I think the last poster owes you an apology - if you cannot tolerate some problems and issues then get out of the insider program and wait for the stable releases. If a minor hiccup like a failed build sets you off then go find another hobby. Thanks again!!

Jmazzz

Oct 7, 2016
Visit site
Sorry for the anger-unintended. Watching the Giants-Cubs game has me wired. Seems like a few of us have the update lock up. Obviously it's not widespread or they're would be massive outrage.

Admael Rayne

Oct 8, 2016
Visit site

Mine keeps getting to 81℅ then results in a BSOD

drddas58

May 29, 2013
Visit site
Same is here. I followed DrPuppy, uninstalled Kaspersky Internet Security and Malwarebytes antimalware and only then I could install 14942. Pl. do not reinstall those two program again you will get BOSD, which I did and had to uninstall both of them

dcdd1

Oct 8, 2016
Visit site
Hi to everyone here im a new member today ,can anyone help me i have window 10 64bit and have been trying to install this anniversary update for two days , it didnt come automatically in windows updates so i have been trying to install with windows assistant and it goes so far to like 44% and the black screen hangs untill i switch off at mains after 3hours or so ? Then when i turn on it says 'restoring to earlier version' which says in system 1511 .......not sure should i wait till it comes in my windows update as it says pc is uptodate?.......just need a little help on this please....

aximtreo

Jul 14, 2008
Visit site
My installation did not hang but I sort of wish it had. Now my 15 year old MS sign in isn't enough for XBox. The last upgrade loved it but this one ; nope. If I could easily get to factory upgrades only and no more preview, I would in a heart beat.

Dagnabbit.

drddas58

May 29, 2013
Visit site
Yes you are right, flying without Kaspersky and Malwarebytes. After successfully installed windows I checked reinstalling KIS and MBA and got BOSD after few minutes , windows restarted after sometime and logically I immediately uninstalled those two, windows now running smoothly . Only windows defender is protecting my PC, may be I need to go back to previous build.

FHSPSU67

Oct 8, 2016
Visit site
Yes you are right, flying without Kaspersky and Malwarebytes. After successfully installed windows I checked reinstalling KIS and MBA and got BOSD after few minutes , windows restarted after sometime and logically I immediately uninstalled those two, windows now running smoothly . Only windows defender is protecting my PC, may be I need to go back to previous build.
Wise move :) I'll be sitting on 14936 until we hear of a definite solution.

demon09

Apr 28, 2016
Visit site
Figured somebody here would have a solution.... I seem to remember antivirus being an issue with the pre-release versions of W10 also.

Removed Norton and will try again soon. Will post back on whether it works, though I am confident it will.

Azensun

Feb 26, 2014
Visit site
Originally posted by Jmazzz
Originally Posted by demon09

Everything you wrote happened to me except It hangs at 79%

And me, too. Sigh. I'm going to wait for a fix or the next build.

demon09

Apr 28, 2016
Visit site
Uninstalled Norton's and the update worked perfectly.

Just running Windows Defender for now, since this is a back up laptop and I don't use it too often as it is.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoshRos