For logical insiders

EspHack

Jun 11, 2013
Visit site
my nokia symbian phone used to do that, ms will ask you to ask someone else for that functionality, which I'm pretty sure is being provided already by probably more than one 3rd party developer

rhapdog

Retired Senior Ambassador
Aug 26, 2014
Visit site
my nokia symbian phone used to do that, ms will ask you to ask someone else for that functionality, which I'm pretty sure is being provided already by probably more than one 3rd party developer
That may be true for tethering from PC to mobile, but not possible yet from Mobile to PC. We need it built into Windows 10 in such a way that it could be enabled for either mobile or PC to be a source of the Internet.

Kind of like the toggle for Mobile Hotspot when on W10M. On that note, I think the Mobile Hotspot toggle needs to be added to PC so that it can act as a mobile hotspot without having to jump through a bunch of hoops to enable it. There are PC tablets and Laptops with LTE that I might like to share with another device at times, and setting up Internet Sharing should be made easier as it is on mobile.

Personally, I would prefer the wireless option every single time, however, I can see where people want a "wired option" like USB-tethering to make sure no one else can see their network. It makes perfect sense.

EspHack

Jun 11, 2013
Visit site
OP did not specify, I assume its from mobile to PC, in which case plenty of phones do that, HTC phones even show the option usb modem when connecting to pc via usb along with mass storage and other things, nokia symbian phones did that using nokia pc suite

and windows 10 computers can make hotspot since a while now, it used to be done with ad-hoc and removed for some reason but now implemented via settings I think

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Felix999