Any way to reinstall IE on build 15031?

aximtreo

Jul 14, 2008
Visit site
I have issues on Edge and sometimes use IE instead. Apparently they removed it on this build.

Right clip on Windows icon lower left on the Task Bar. Select Search and type in iexplore. I think you will find it there. At least it was in the past.

EDIT: It works on this build as well. It comes up as Internet Explorer. Right click on Internet Explorer and send it to Desktop or Task Bar.

editguy

Jun 12, 2015
Visit site
Right clip on Windows icon lower left on the Task Bar. Select Search and type in iexplore. I think you will find it there. At least it was in the past.

EDIT: It works on this build as well. It comes up as Internet Explorer. Right click on Internet Explorer and send it to Desktop or Task Bar.

Hmm, not working for me. It just takes me to web pages or says not found.

aximtreo

Jul 14, 2008
Visit site
Hmm, not working for me. It just takes me to web pages or says not found.

Just to clarify, we are talking about W10 on a PC? I just tried it again and it pops right up. Don't understand why it isn't working for you.

I don't use EDGE or IExplorer; I use Firefox. Have you tried it?

editguy

Jun 12, 2015
Visit site
Just to clarify, we are talking about W10 on a PC? I just tried it again and it pops right up. Don't understand why it isn't working for you.

I don't use EDGE or IExplorer; I use Firefox. Have you tried it?

Yes, I use Firefox but, as I said in a comment above, I use different browsers for different purposes and have them set up that way. I had Edge and IE set up with the same bookmarks and settings so if something doesn't work in Edge (which happens frequently on Insider builds), I can just switch to IE. And we are talking about Windows 10 on the latest insider build on a PC. It's weird that it works for you and I get nothing but the reference to the website. Thanks for trying to help me, I appreciate it. I guess I'm going to have to look at doing things differently.

adamthewebman

Dec 4, 2016
Visit site
I do not know if this would work.

Right click on start menu and go to programs and features
click on Turn Windows features on or off.

From the list that comes up select IE and toggle it off and reboot then go back and turn it on

-Adam

editguy

Jun 12, 2015
Visit site
I do not know if this would work.

Right click on start menu and go to programs and features
click on Turn Windows features on or off.

From the list that comes up select IE and toggle it off and reboot then go back and turn it on

-Adam

I just saw this. Thank you!! That did the trick! It was actually unchecked so I checked it, rebooted and now it's back. I appreciate your help!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rogertewarte