Windows 10 Preview build 15063 Discussion (Redstone 2; Fast Ring)

zocster

Oct 23, 2013
Visit site
From Microsoft

Other changes, improvements, and fixes for PC

We fixed a reliability issue from Build 15061 resulting in Microsoft Edge hanging and becoming completely unresponsive.
We fixed an issue for Insiders where the localized files and registry keys associated with any additional language packs on the system would not be installed after enabling .NET Framework 3.5.

Windows 10 build 15063 rolling out for Insiders on PC and Mobile | Windows Central

This build and version is the latest Redstone 2 build in testing for Desktop Insiders on the Fast Ring.

Issues? Bugs? Solutions? For all things Windows 10 build 15063, discuss it here.

[TIP]Basic tip

If you're having any issues with your device, try a reset.

Settings > Update & security > Recovery > Reset this PC > This provides you with two options: 1. keep my files and 2. remove everything[/TIP]

[TIP]Keep my files

Does just as its name describes. If you choose the setting you can reinstall Windows 10 without having to back up any of the pictures, videos, music and documents that you have stored on it. You absolutely should back up these things just in case, but you shouldn’t need to use that back up. Keep My Files requires a certain amount of free space on your device. As such, it may be unavailable to you if your device is stuffed with a lot of files. If you get an error message asking for more storage when you choose this option you’ll need to back up your files and choose the remove everything option. You could also delete any files that you aren’t using on your device and try the option again. This option will take longer than the other options.[/TIP]

[TIP]Remove Everything

Deletes every file, every setting from your device and gives you a blank copy of Windows 10 to work with. You’ll need to add any files you have backed up to your device again [/TIP]

StanP50

Sep 27, 2011
Visit site
Was wondering if anyone has done an in place update from 14393.969 to 15063 with the ISO, if so how did it go for you?

mtf1380

Nov 30, 2015
Visit site
this build (and last) is yielding a black screen upon wakening, although the task bar in present and the cursor is a perpetual circling busy icon? Last build (15061) appeared to be caused by a driver failing to update properly?

paulmd

Dec 2, 2011
Visit site
Anyone having poor Xbox Game Streaming quality?

I've a wired 1gig LAN and have bad stutter and lag when playing more intense games. Streaming becomes unusable when I also get an achievement.

Examples here https://1drv.ms/v/s!Au98wQlV8KV1trAm5mj6K4b8ym_CIw
(you may need to download the videos as onedrive doesn't like them for some reason)

I've tried from both my Insider Alpha Xbox and normal one, to both Xbox apps - all stutter. The only time it doesn't stutter is when I do it to my non-insider PC.

davidhk129

Dec 22, 2014
Visit site
Folks, you now have a new cumulative update KB4016250.
That will bring you to ..... version 1703 (OS Build 15063.11)
It is a very short download/install. Took me 13 minutes.
Restart is required.
Go to your Feedback Hub and read about it.

winver 15063.11.jpg

Ryujingt3

Nov 13, 2013
Visit site
This is the version that was installed from the leaked update assistance a few days back. When I used that to install this on to my secondary Acer laptop I immediately lost trackpad functionality. I guess OEM drivers are still not yet fully ready. I entered up reverting back to the production build.

davidhk129

Dec 22, 2014
Visit site
This is the version that was installed from the leaked update assistance a few days back. When I used that to install this on to my secondary Acer laptop I immediately lost trackpad functionality. I guess OEM drivers are still not yet fully ready. I entered up reverting back to the production build.

You took a chance using something NOT issued or approved by Microsoft.

Hope you did not break anything else while doing that.

Perhaps you would try the legit way this time and check for updates from Windows Update ?

davidhk129

Dec 22, 2014
Visit site
Was wondering if anyone has done an in place update from 14393.969 to 15063 with the ISO, if so how did it go for you?

There are only 9 more days before April 11th.

I would rather wait. But that's just me.

P.S. Think we can do that?
An In-place Upgrade Install without switching to Insider mode first ?

Any opinions on this ?

Krystianpants

Sep 2, 2014
Visit site
I can definitely say that the insider build speeds up game performance. Battlefield 4 used to give me some stuttering here and there but since installing creators update it's been smooth all the way through. That's pretty awesome :D

davidhk129

Dec 22, 2014
Visit site
As of today, April 6th................

Insiders in Fast, Slow and Release Preview rings will get KB4016252 that will update their build to 15063.14

Yes, they all get build 15063.14.

Please go to your Feedback Hub for details.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss