Getting yourself enrolled in the Windows Insider program

rhapdog

Retired Senior Ambassador
Aug 26, 2014
Visit site
The Windows Insider program was hugely successful for Microsoft, with 5 million users giving feedback and helping shape what has become Windows 10.

It doesn't stop there. The program is continuing with Windows as a Service, and Microsoft invites people to come check out the future with Windows 10 and help shape the directions they will take next. Join the program, and you'll be able to opt-in to receive the latest preview builds from Microsoft, help to test new features, and give feedback on those features before they ever make it out of the gate.

Preview builds aren't for everyone. If you're not comfortable with having possible issues with your computer due to newly introduced bugs, then you probably shouldn't enroll. However, if you're tech savvy and can handle all that, and you want to help shape the future, this may be for you.

You can get started from right within Windows 10. Open up your settings panel by Start->Settings, or press Ctrl+I. Go into Update & Security, and select Advanced Options. There at the bottom you will see a section for "Get Insider Builds". There's a button right there to let you "Get Started."
Screenshot (2).png
Are you planning on getting started for the first time? Or possibly the first time in a long time? Or have you been doing this all along and plan to continue? Tell us about it!

Also, be sure to let me know if there's anything I need to add to this post to let people know what needs to be done for enrolling. I'd hate to think I missed a step.

Last edited:
Jun 9, 2021
Visit site
Enough information to become an insider but now a days the problem is when a windows 10 user enroll him to the insider program the option will be limited to release preview in most of the cases because TPM is mandatory to Beta and Dev Channels. So its a bit confusing on the user end because he get confused that why not beta and dev unaware of the fact that he was given a chance of Windows 11 20H2.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss