You CAN Change the Email Address of Your Microsoft Account Without Resetting Your Device.

Rinsun

Apr 4, 2016
Visit site
That should do it.

It is more than 48 hours since I started the process.I could sign in to my laptop with my outlook.com within 24 hours and apps too showed my outlook.com yesterday itself.I have completed the procedure and I removed Gmail from my Outlook account half an hour ago.Everything seems to be okay and I am very satisfied.
Thank you so much for such a helpful post and the awesome and easy tutorial later.

Rinsun

Apr 4, 2016
Visit site
Great. Glad it is all working for you.

It is working fine today too and I am very happy to have separated the accounts completely.The only minor problem I faced was with Wunderlist which persisted with my original Gmail MS account.It could be that I had missed something .I disconnected my MS account from it and reconnected again then synced through Wunderlist on my Chrome browser(Incognito mode).It is working flawlessly now.
Thanks very much again.

P.S - I did not have any issues with Skype or Xbox.I do not use Xbox but just checked to see whether there is any problem.

Vertego

Sep 10, 2013
Visit site
Excuse me if I'm being a little stupid here but if I understand this right, all that I need to do is create a new email address of whatever, and replace my existing MS login email address with the new one.

Will this work if my existing email address is not a @hotmail.com, @live.com, Outlook.com and @msn.com address, but for a totally separate domain (for instance @whatever.org.uk), and the new address is also not a @hotmail.com, @live.com, Outlook.com and @msn.com address, but again for a totally separate domain (for instance @whatever-else.org.uk).

Can I then sync outlook.com etc. to my Outlook 2016 on my PC (something that has sadly not worked since MS 'broke it' about a year ago), and then get my MS apps working properly on my new Android device (which it isn't doing at all presently)

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ailanamargarett