• 00Days
  • 00Hours
  • 00Mins
  • 00Secs
Prime Day 2018
07-10-2018 01:24 PM
65 123
tools
    This keeps going back to 3 for me. Are you on insider? I'm trying to get out of insider and remove all diagnostics without formatting because I have apps that no longer exist.
    Is it interop unlocked? Interop unlock your device and try again. You might be restricted from editing in that location.
    01-29-2018 11:48 PM
    Is it interop unlocked? Interop unlock your device and try again. You might be restricted from editing in that location.
    It seems to work for changing other values so i thought that it may do a check to see if it's insider and then that will override any changes. It's an unlocked phone I bought straight from MS. 950XL in Canada. I do have the region set to U.S. though because the store is much better for real reviews. Most stuff in Canada doesn't even have reviews.
    01-30-2018 08:32 AM
    @Krystianpants
    So your trying to get out of the insider program from the phone options and its not working?
    Interop unlocking a Windows phone is not the same as factory unlocked (sim unlocked) as sold from a retailer. Interop unlocking a device allows regions/areas of the phone to be accessed by the user that were normally locked down by certain policies.
    01-30-2018 09:08 AM
    @Krystianpants
    So your trying to get out of the insider program from the phone options and its not working?
    Interop unlocking a Windows phone is not the same as factory unlocked (sim unlocked) as sold from a retailer. Interop unlocking a device allows regions/areas of the phone to be accessed by the user that were normally locked down by certain policies.

Yes but I don't want to use the nokia tool to format or lose my stuff. I can backup everything but there are apps that got removed. That's the only reason i got the interop tools. Is there a way to take an installed app on your phone and turn it back into an appx file for install through sideloading?

If I could do that then I would just format and then sideload the app.

Thanks for that info. I don't really want to interop unlock as we believe we are safe from malware when I don't believe it to be true. Even my friend had a movie app that downloaded a bitcoin miner right into the cache of the UWP app from the store. And it was mining coins until MS windows defender finally found it while scanning.
    01-31-2018 11:13 AM
    Is there a way to take an installed app on your phone and turn it back into an appx file for install through sideloading?
    Which app?
    01-31-2018 11:21 AM
    Which app?
    It's an app that MS took down which plays free movies. I don't use it much but it's nice to have from time to time. Sometimes I'll watch a movie before considering the bluray.
    02-01-2018 01:02 PM
    If you have another windows phone. Sign in with your account and see if that app is available in the library. I have an app that is no longer available either when searching. But it shows in my library on any device I sign in to and I can install it. If it was completely removed, then you are stuck tring ot repackage all the files and zip them. InteropTools can register an appxbundle unpacked. Maybe you could try that on a spare device to see how it goes.
    02-01-2018 01:32 PM
    If you have another windows phone. Sign in with your account and see if that app is available in the library. I have an app that is no longer available either when searching. But it shows in my library on any device I sign in to and I can install it. If it was completely removed, then you are stuck tring ot repackage all the files and zip them. InteropTools can register an appxbundle unpacked. Maybe you could try that on a spare device to see how it goes.
    It shows in my library but it's gone when I tap it. I'm going to move them to my SDcard. If I format will it find all my apps in the sdcard when it loads back up?
    02-01-2018 02:23 PM
    In theory it should. I have never done that. Go to Settings Update and Security and then Backup. In more options check if it is an app listed to restore from a backup. If so backup after you have moved the apps to SD card. Before you reset though you should look into a plan B. There is a thread where someone with a Lumia 520 did this but did not back up first and the apps did not restore as planned. But there are other posts of this not working at all...https://windowsphone.stackexchange.c...hone/7417#7417
    02-01-2018 04:31 PM
    In theory it should. I have never done that. Go to Settings Update and Security and then Backup. In more options check if it is an app listed to restore from a backup. If so backup after you have moved the apps to SD card. Before you reset though you should look into a plan B. There is a thread where someone with a Lumia 520 did this but did not back up first and the apps did not restore as planned. But there are other posts of this not working at all...https://windowsphone.stackexchange.c...hone/7417#7417
    Thanks for your help. A factory reset kept putting me back into windows insider and the apps on the sd card were installed but the movie ones were ignored. I guess because it tried to acquire the license from the store or they are marked as bad apps. I had to use the lumia tool to reset to the original software and go through all the updates again and not restore backup. At least i'm out of the insider program as now it's only there to keep collecting data from us. After all the original intent was to release these phones and get more data for ARM for their next version of windows. I hope eventually someone can hack android oreo onto this phone. I feel it has a great camera and i paid over $1k for it when it first came out. In canada of course, with taxes. I thought I would have a cool version of continuum by now yet nothing was done. It's a shame but it's my own fault for thinking MS was actually going to do something. They like to show things off to garner hype but then they don't do it hehe.
    02-02-2018 09:36 AM
    Hello I know this is out of date but I’m having trouble setting the path to my boot image it’s in my documents folder I just need help with the path string I feel like an ***** please help the example you show is not helping I have the correct image size etc thanks
    07-09-2018 10:12 PM
    I’m struggling with the path please help trying to change boot image
    07-09-2018 10:14 PM
    I’m struggling with the path please help trying to change boot image
    What device do you have? Not all devices utilize a custom oem boot image the same way. Some use a uefi setting and it's a bit difficult to change.

If it's the final boot screen an image file is usually located in the c:\windows\system32 folder and named whatever the OEM named it. In the registry editor does the key and value already exist? I think it should be
    HKLM\System\Shell\OEM\BootScreens\WPhoneBootScreenOverride

String Value: [AfilePathandFilename?]

If you want to try the file in your documents folder put
    C:\Data\Users\Public\Documents\[FileName.whatever]

Edit: sorry corrected the value path above...
    Last edited by nate0; 07-10-2018 at 12:59 AM.
    07-10-2018 12:40 AM
    07-10-2018 12:49 PM
    Ya I'm glad someone did share this. That's how to edit the first two boot screens. UEFI managed ones. The reg edit in question/mentioning is the final boot screen controlled by the OS. Which has been normally the operator logo.
    07-10-2018 01:24 PM
65 123