List Your InterOp Tool Registry Edits Here

karelj

May 7, 2009
Visit site
I'm hoping that we can share the various registry edits that have been discovered. So far, I've used one - enable the Wi-Fi Hotspot feature that AT&T blocks. This was on the original article and twitter -

HKLM\System\ControlSet001\Services\ICSSVC\Settings\EntitlementRequired to 0

Also shared the edit to enable RAW images on non pureview Lumia phones -

HKLM\Software\OEM\Nokia\Camera\Barc\DNGDisabled to 0

Hopefully, others can provide some useful edits for the community.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Motorola Q9H, Samsung Focus, HTC Titan II, Lumia 925, Lumia 640, Lumia 950
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Summer_Moon

Sep 16, 2014
Visit site
So I have found a couple things in Interop Tools, and wanted to share the location of them with everyone. You may not find the Data Connection strings particularly useful, but I will leave them here in case anyone else wants to change them.

1) Screen Timeout - Never option (+15 minutes and 30 minutes). Note this one takes effect immediately, no restart required.

DisableNever needs to be set to a 0

wp_ss_20160521_0002.jpg
wp_ss_20160521_0003.jpg
wp_ss_20160521_0001.jpg

2) Data Connection Strings - these are the values such as 4G, LTE, etc that display based on your connection. I personally don't like the defaults and like to know a little bit more detail. You can change the strings that display using the following (my example is LTE_UNKNOWN and I have it display LTEU on the screen for the connection type). I changed all of them to show something different so I know what connection I am on.

Note this one does require a restart after you have changed them for them to take effect.

wp_ss_20160521_0006.jpg
wp_ss_20160521_0005.jpg
wp_ss_20160521_0004.jpg

If anyone has any others that they have found I would love to find out what they are :)

Last edited by a moderator:

midnightfrolic

Aug 2, 2015
Visit site
I've found the entry to display the Double Tap to Wake feature, but it still does not work. There are other keys, but they lock out still. But you wanna try. You'll need to add the 'Enabled' string. Then edit it.

HKLM\Software\OEM\NOKIA\Touch\WakupGesture
ENABLED=1

Summer_Moon

Sep 16, 2014
Visit site
Did anybody found the entries to get Static IP Setup for the Wifi??

I thought you could already do this from the normal WiFi menus/manage? I'm not connected on WiFi right now so will have to wait until I'm on a network, but I could have sworn you could without going through Registry settings.

dergutehirte

Jul 28, 2013
Visit site
I thought you could already do this from the normal WiFi menus/manage? I'm not connected on WiFi right now so will have to wait until I'm on a network, but I could have sworn you could without going through Registry settings.

No its not available anymore :( in wp8.1 there was a registry entry i think and later it was included in the update.

daimv

May 21, 2015
Visit site
I edited the registry on a Lumia 640 to enable Static IP and it worked perfectly. I was so happy (this was on windows 10 mobile).

I tried doing the same in a Lumia 950... and the key isn't even there D: ! Also I couldn't add it, I hope someone manages to fix this.

I have seen a lot of people defending this saying stuff like editing dhcp settings on router is way better, but not everybody can do that, has access to that, or even is in that case use. There are different uses for static IPs, like testing, specific applications, etc. It should be an option, some people will use it, some people won't, and everybody will be happy.

Anyways, here's the key to change the boot screen (the image that appears briefly during booting) so you can get rid of your carrier's annoying images if you don't want to change the firmware:
Key path: HKLM\SYSTEM\Shell\OEM\BootScreens
Registry value name: WPBootScreenOverride
Registry type is string.

In the value data you have to input the location of the image you want to display when booting, for example for an image inside the "documents" folder that is called "boot.jpg" the value would be:

\Data\Users\Public\Documents\boot.jpg

( The public folders are in the route \Data\Users\Public , so if your image is in any of the public top level directories (Pictures, Downloads, Documents etc) you have to append that in there, like I did for documents folder.

The image resolution has to be small enough to fit your phone's screen resolution. Also it has to be 24 bits per pixel jpg.

Good luck.

Last edited:

Summer_Moon

Sep 16, 2014
Visit site
Any Update? Im sure there was an registry entry on wp8, but i cant find any info which entry it was :(

I honestly have not had time to search the registry for this yet. As soon as I have time though I will see if I can find it although it doesn't sound like we should be expecting much based on others input.

rhapdog

Retired Senior Ambassador
Aug 26, 2014
Visit site
Anyways, here's the key to change the boot screen (the image that appears briefly during booting) so you can get rid of your carrier's annoying images if you don't want to change the firmware:
Key path: HKLM\SYSTEM\Shell\OEM\BootScreens
Registry value name: WPBootScreenOverride
Registry type is string.

In the value data you have to input the location of the image you want to display when booting, for example for an image inside the "documents" folder that is called "boot.jpg" the value would be:

\Data\Users\Public\Documents\boot.jpg

( The public folders are in the route \Data\Users\Public , so if your image is in any of the public top level directories (Pictures, Downloads, Documents etc) you have to append that in there, like I did for documents folder.

The image resolution has to be small enough to fit your phone's screen resolution. Also it has to be 24 bits per pixel jpg.

Good luck.

Thanks for this! I'm changing carrier to an MVNO and keeping my phone. I don't want the AT&T Logo showing up on my Lumia 640 LTE GoPhone any longer, so I've changed the boot logo to the following:

PhoneLogo.jpg

Whipped it up myself when I decided I wanted a custom one, and one that would be awesome. Well, I like it anyway. ;)

rhapdog

Retired Senior Ambassador
Aug 26, 2014
Visit site
The original supplied by Microsoft. I've got the other one I worked up somewhere, but threw this together in a bit of a hurry. I'm fine with it for now. I may later upgrade the image for a lock screen, and go with a simpler icon (perhaps a small version of T-Rex stepping through Cortana grabbing Clippy, and the rest of the screen black.)

jes1888

Mar 8, 2011
Visit site
So, is there a way thru registry that I can remove the windows icon showing twice during startup? Also is there a way to remove the 2nd No SIM icon that shows on my Lumia 950xl?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss