02-02-2018 09:36 AM
60 123
tools
    I'm hoping that we can share the various registry edits that have been discovered. So far, I've used one - enable the Wi-Fi Hotspot feature that AT&T blocks. This was on the original article and twitter -

HKLM\System\ControlSet001\Services\ICSSVC\Settings\EntitlementRequired to 0

Also shared the edit to enable RAW images on non pureview Lumia phones -

HKLM\Software\OEM\Nokia\Camera\Barc\DNGDisabled to 0

Hopefully, others can provide some useful edits for the community.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Motorola Q9H, Samsung Focus, HTC Titan II, Lumia 925, Lumia 640, Lumia 950
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    RumoredNow likes this.
    05-07-2016 12:40 AM
    I would love to see the phone charging when switched off feature.

Sent from mTalk
    05-07-2016 10:21 AM
    how did you do it?? PLEASE HELP ME. I NEED TO DO MINE. been waiting years to do this.....
    Albert Metelsky likes this.
    05-07-2016 11:05 AM
    So I have found a couple things in Interop Tools, and wanted to share the location of them with everyone. You may not find the Data Connection strings particularly useful, but I will leave them here in case anyone else wants to change them.

1) Screen Timeout - Never option (+15 minutes and 30 minutes). Note this one takes effect immediately, no restart required.

DisableNever needs to be set to a 0

wp_ss_20160521_0002.jpg
    wp_ss_20160521_0003.jpg
    wp_ss_20160521_0001.jpg

2) Data Connection Strings - these are the values such as 4G, LTE, etc that display based on your connection. I personally don't like the defaults and like to know a little bit more detail. You can change the strings that display using the following (my example is LTE_UNKNOWN and I have it display LTEU on the screen for the connection type). I changed all of them to show something different so I know what connection I am on.

Note this one does require a restart after you have changed them for them to take effect.

wp_ss_20160521_0006.jpg
    wp_ss_20160521_0005.jpg
    wp_ss_20160521_0004.jpg

If anyone has any others that they have found I would love to find out what they are :)
    Last edited by RumoredNow; 05-21-2016 at 10:24 PM. Reason: reattached pictures properly
    05-21-2016 08:28 PM
    I've found the entry to display the Double Tap to Wake feature, but it still does not work. There are other keys, but they lock out still. But you wanna try. You'll need to add the 'Enabled' string. Then edit it.

HKLM\Software\OEM\NOKIA\Touch\WakupGesture
    ENABLED=1
    05-24-2016 12:54 AM
    Did anybody found the entries to get Static IP Setup for the Wifi??
    07-06-2016 10:20 AM
    Did anybody found the entries to get Static IP Setup for the Wifi??
    I thought you could already do this from the normal WiFi menus/manage? I'm not connected on WiFi right now so will have to wait until I'm on a network, but I could have sworn you could without going through Registry settings.
    07-06-2016 11:23 AM
    I thought you could already do this from the normal WiFi menus/manage? I'm not connected on WiFi right now so will have to wait until I'm on a network, but I could have sworn you could without going through Registry settings.
    No its not available anymore :( in wp8.1 there was a registry entry i think and later it was included in the update.
    07-07-2016 11:44 AM
    No its not available anymore :( in wp8.1 there was a registry entry i think and later it was included in the update.
    Yeah you are right, I didn't realize this was gone. Time to search the registry.
    07-07-2016 11:52 AM
    Any Update? Im sure there was an registry entry on wp8, but i cant find any info which entry it was :(
    07-08-2016 04:57 PM
    I edited the registry on a Lumia 640 to enable Static IP and it worked perfectly. I was so happy (this was on windows 10 mobile).

I tried doing the same in a Lumia 950... and the key isn't even there D: ! Also I couldn't add it, I hope someone manages to fix this.

I have seen a lot of people defending this saying stuff like editing dhcp settings on router is way better, but not everybody can do that, has access to that, or even is in that case use. There are different uses for static IPs, like testing, specific applications, etc. It should be an option, some people will use it, some people won't, and everybody will be happy.

Anyways, here's the key to change the boot screen (the image that appears briefly during booting) so you can get rid of your carrier's annoying images if you don't want to change the firmware:
    Key path: HKLM\SYSTEM\Shell\OEM\BootScreens
    Registry value name: WPBootScreenOverride
    Registry type is string.

In the value data you have to input the location of the image you want to display when booting, for example for an image inside the "documents" folder that is called "boot.jpg" the value would be:

\Data\Users\Public\Documents\boot.jpg

( The public folders are in the route \Data\Users\Public , so if your image is in any of the public top level directories (Pictures, Downloads, Documents etc) you have to append that in there, like I did for documents folder.

The image resolution has to be small enough to fit your phone's screen resolution. Also it has to be 24 bits per pixel jpg.

Good luck.
    Last edited by daimv; 07-10-2016 at 10:28 PM. Reason: Added registry Tweak for boot screen
    07-08-2016 11:07 PM
    Any Update? Im sure there was an registry entry on wp8, but i cant find any info which entry it was :(
    I honestly have not had time to search the registry for this yet. As soon as I have time though I will see if I can find it although it doesn't sound like we should be expecting much based on others input.
    07-11-2016 08:36 AM
    Anyways, here's the key to change the boot screen (the image that appears briefly during booting) so you can get rid of your carrier's annoying images if you don't want to change the firmware:
    Registry type is string.

In the value data you have to input the location of the image you want to display when booting, for example for an image inside the "documents" folder that is called "boot.jpg" the value would be:

\Data\Users\Public\Documents\boot.jpg

( The public folders are in the route \Data\Users\Public , so if your image is in any of the public top level directories (Pictures, Downloads, Documents etc) you have to append that in there, like I did for documents folder.

The image resolution has to be small enough to fit your phone's screen resolution. Also it has to be 24 bits per pixel jpg.

Good luck.
    Thanks for this! I'm changing carrier to an MVNO and keeping my phone. I don't want the AT&T Logo showing up on my Lumia 640 LTE GoPhone any longer, so I've changed the boot logo to the following:

phonelogo.jpg

Whipped it up myself when I decided I wanted a custom one, and one that would be awesome. Well, I like it anyway. ;)
    daimv, jpharwood, rusty502 and 5 others like this.
    07-29-2016 07:01 PM
    Whipped it up myself when I decided I wanted a custom one, and one that would be awesome. Well, I like it anyway. ;)
    I like it too... But that flag always bugged me a bit. Needs a Bing icon in the yellow and an Office one in the red.

v1.1?
    07-29-2016 07:25 PM
    v1.1?
    The original supplied by Microsoft. I've got the other one I worked up somewhere, but threw this together in a bit of a hurry. I'm fine with it for now. I may later upgrade the image for a lock screen, and go with a simpler icon (perhaps a small version of T-Rex stepping through Cortana grabbing Clippy, and the rest of the screen black.)
    RumoredNow likes this.
    07-29-2016 08:02 PM
    So, is there a way thru registry that I can remove the windows icon showing twice during startup? Also is there a way to remove the 2nd No SIM icon that shows on my Lumia 950xl?
    08-17-2016 03:28 PM
    You can enable field test on W10M without having to change roms.
    It worked on my 640 XL DS non LTE version
    All you have to do is add the string ##3282# to HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Phone\Settings\PartnerImme diateDialStrings

wp_ss_20160923_0002.pngwp_ss_20160923_0003.pngwp_ss_20160923_0004.pngwp_ss_20160923_0005.pngwp_ss_20160923_0006.png

Source in the link below (XDA)
    Registry Keys for VoLTE enable? - Post #6
    RumoredNow and Summer_Moon like this.
    09-22-2016 06:23 PM
    What is regedit to spoof 640XL to be 950XL, so can sideload Wallet 2.0 and Tap to Pay on 640XL?
    Wam1q likes this.
    09-22-2016 06:35 PM
    To add a Navy accent colour..

HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Shell\OEM\Theme\Accents\1\Theme0\Color\

(change that number to 4000000000 for a navy colour)
    10-07-2016 05:02 PM
    Protect your privacy by reducing the level of collecting data (telemetry):
    -> Go to...
    HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\DataCollection
    --> Add the following key...
    AllowTelemetry
    --> With value
    Further information about telemetry can be found here: https://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/...r-organization
    03-10-2017 12:50 PM
    would it be possible to make the default video app run under lock screen?
    03-27-2017 09:19 AM
    (...) Anyways, here's the key to change the boot screen (the image that appears briefly during booting) so you can get rid of your carrier's annoying images if you don't want to change the firmware:
    Registry type is string. (...)
    Thanks for this! I hate the AT&T logo every time the phone boots.

Just installed Interop Tools on my 950 and can't believe I haven't done it sooner. Here's my new boot screen I just whipped up in Photoshop for anyone interested. Looks great because of the black background and OLED screen.

lfa_boot_1440p.jpg
    maheme likes this.
    05-11-2017 02:05 PM
    Thanks for this! I hate the AT&T logo every time the phone boots.

Just installed Interop Tools on my 950 and can't believe I haven't done it sooner. Here's my new boot screen I just whipped up in Photoshop for anyone interested. Looks great because of the black background and OLED screen.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	LFA_Boot_1440p.jpg 
Views:	50 
Size:	615.3 KB 
ID:	135654
    Good one

Sent from mTalk
    05-11-2017 02:31 PM
    If anyone finds the regedit to disable in app vibration for the Microsoft Messaging friend please share it. I have yet to find that one and need it since the HP Elite X3's vibrate motor is so obnoxious.

Here are some I use every time I reset my phone. I use AT&T...and so certain SMS/MMS options are not enabled by default.

This allows sms to smtp (Send emails via text AT&T), and other possibly useful sms/mms settings...*Note the SIM card ID in bold. Make sure you edit that before importing.
    [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Messaging\PerSimSettings\REPLACE_WITH_YOUR_SIM_CARD_ID]
    "AllowSMStoSMTPAddress"=dword:00000001
    "AutomaticallyDownload"=dword:00000001
    "AutoRetryDownload"=dword:0000001
    "ConvertLongSMStoMMS"=dword:00000001
    "ErrorCodeEnabled"=dword:00000001
    "MaxRetryCount"=dword:00000003
    "MMSLimitAttachments"=dword:00000005
    "MS"=dword:00000400
    "RetrySize"=dword:00000400
    "ShowAutomaticallyDownloadMMSToggle"=dword:00000000
    "ShowRequiredMonthlyTest"=dword:00000000
    "SMStoSMTPShortcode"="121"

Show status of while sending message...
    [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Messaging\GlobalSettings]
    "ShowSendingStatus"=dword:00000001

Enable Capture Living Images on non-Lumia phones for the Camera app.
    RAW capture still does not work though even though it is an option I have not figured that one out on the other OEM phones...
    [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\OEM\MMO]

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\OEM\MMO\Camera]

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\OEM\MMO\Camera\Barc]
    "DNGDisabled"=dword:00000000
    "IsEnabled"=dword:00000001

Nokia Barc/DNG/Living image edits:
    [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\OEM\NOKIA\Camera]

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\OEM\NOKIA\Camera\Barc]
    "BarcVersion"="100.10"
    "IsEnabled"=dword:00000001

Navigation Bar burn-in protection...Useful for AMOLED screens, and looks cool too..
    [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Shell\NavigationBar]
    "IsBurnInProtectionEnabled"=dword:000000001

Shutter sound option...On the HP Elite X3 this is not enabled by default...
    [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Photos\OEM]
    "ShutterSoundUnlocked"=dword:00000001

I have many others but these I use after every hard reset when needed. Maybe might be useful to someone.
    Last edited by Nate W; 07-15-2017 at 10:01 PM. Reason: removed a default
    Allen Rhodes and aximtreo like this.
    07-15-2017 09:56 PM
    Disable WiFi Mobile Hotspot no clients timeout:

The time-out period, in minutes, after which Internet sharing should automatically turn off if there are no longer any active clients. This node can be set to any value between 1 and 120 inclusive. A value of 0 is not supported. The default value is 5 minutes.+
    A reboot may be required before changes to this node take effect.

HKLM\System\ControlSet001\Services\ICSSVC\Settings\PeerlessTimeout

Disable WiFi Mobile Hotspot no internet connection timeout:

The time-out value, in minutes, after which Internet sharing is automatically turned off if a cellular connection is not available. This node can be set to any value between 1 and 60 inclusive. The default value is 20 minutes. A time-out is required, so a value of 0 is not supported.+
    Changes to this node require a reboot.

HKLM\System\ControlSet001\Services\ICSSVC\Settings\PublicConnectionTimeout
    Last edited by Erofich; 08-19-2017 at 12:13 PM. Reason: mistype
    08-18-2017 05:30 PM
60 123