Windows 10 Mobile : Reg Tweaks (No Interop Unlock)

Saijin_Naib

Jun 30, 2015
Visit site
1.8 won't install for me but 1.7 installed just fine.
Make sure you re-download it and install all the packages in the Dependencies\ARM directory, along with the ARM package appx for the main program (after you have installed all the dependencies). It'll work just fine and I'm running it here. Gustav mentioned that he added another dependency package recently and to re-try the install.

svaethier

Dec 11, 2014
Visit site
Even after installing the dependencies the appx won't install as the HTTP I get from the developer settings throws out a failed to deploy error

RumoredNow

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Which version is the current now?

Here is a link to the latest version of the tool (1.80.0.160.0 Beta). ARM

Download and unzip. You need the InteropToolsApp, the 1.8 Beta and 5 dependencies that are bundled in a sub-folder.
After downloading and unzipping, connect your Lumia to a PC via USB. (Or transfer the file by another method if you prefer.)
  • Navigate to the root folder of the device and place the ARM folder there.
  • On the device go to Settings > Update & Security > For developers > highlight "Developer mode" by tapping on it > accept the warning and tap "Yes." (Note that you may want to come back after the tool is installed and restore your default.)
  • Close Settings and open File Explorer
  • Navigate to the root folder of the device and open the ARM folder > open the ARM Dependencies folder > tap on each file in turn and tap "install" for each when the dialog box pops up (there are 5 dependencies in total and you should install all 5)
  • Navigate back up the directory tree to the ARM folder > tap on InteropToolsApp appxbundle > accept the advice and tap "install." (Note that the tool should be signed in the advice by "gus33000" and if it is not I don't know what the heck you are doing - get out of there!!!)
  • Tap on InteropTools_Beta > accept the advice and tap "install." (Note that the tool should be signed in the advice by "gus33000" and if it is not I don't know what the heck you are doing - get out of there!!!)
  • The App should appear on your All Apps list and you may pin it to Start

Last edited:

RumoredNow

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
I'm an odd duck. I like my SMS Emergency Alerts (cell broadcast). I know most people turn them off, but I want them. However, my main device is a 1520.3. As a factory unlocked phone for the Latin American markets it does not have any settings for Emergency Alerts.

If anyone finds the registry paths and entries for this I would be much obliged.

ttsoldier

Retired Ambassador
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
Here is a link to the latest version of the tool (1.80.0.160.0 Beta). ARM

Download and unzip. You need the tool and 5 dependencies that are bundled in a sub-folder.
After downloading and unzipping, connect your Lumia to a PC via USB. (Or transfer the file by another method if you prefer.)
  • Navigate to the root folder of the device and place the ARM folder there.
  • On the device go to Settings > Update & Security > For developers > highlight "Developer mode" by tapping on it > accept the warning and tap "Yes." (Note that you may want to come back after the tool is installed and restore your default.)
  • Close Settings and open File Explorer
  • Navigate to the root folder of the device and open the ARM folder > open the ARM Dependencies folder > tap on each file in turn and tap "install" for each when the dialog box pops up (there are 5 dependencies in total and you should install all 5)
  • Navigate back up the directory tree to the ARM folder > tap on the tool > accept the advice and tap "install." (Note that the tool should be signed in the advice by "gus33000" and if it is not I don't know what the heck you are doing - get out of there!!!)
  • The App should appear on your All Apps list and you may pin it to Start

Got it installed but the tweak to enable offline charging does not turn on. I've noticed that a couple other settings don't turn on.

Buggy? Faulty install? Was I supposed to do something after it installed or is it supposed to just work?

I'm on 14905, lumia 640

RumoredNow

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Got it installed but the tweak to enable offline charging does not turn on. I've noticed that a couple other settings don't turn on.

Buggy? Faulty install? Was I supposed to do something after it installed or is it supposed to just work?

I'm on 14905, lumia 640

Just tried it on 1520 and the toggle doesn't work there either. (Like I said, I've not bothered previously on my 1520).

Here's the dev's thread on XDA: [APP] Interop Tools - A versatile registry e… | Windows 10 Development and Hacking

Conan143

Jan 10, 2014
Visit site

I'm on 14905, lumia 640

Have you restored NDTKSvc from Interop Unlock? Try it if you haven't. And also note that some registry tweaks requires you to interop unlock your phone.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss