[Guide] Installing Redstone on Unsupported devices (X2X Series)

BackToTheFuture

Aug 9, 2013
Visit site
Last edited:

pgDarkness

Aug 26, 2016
Visit site
Yes, if you plan to use this phone without doing a reset. And the app doesn't break anything. It just restores the backed up registry keys to your phone. But, I recommend a hard reset, if you come across any lags or bugs.

Awesome. Speaking of the devil, the bottom of my apps are cut out. I know its a known bug by community in red stone for 635 and similar phones (I'm using 630 hence I'm here in this guide! D'a) but my question is another thing,

Here is what I've done so far:
1. I Was on windows 10.0.10586.545, so I followed the section "System requirements -> Windows 10" in the guide and with that single section I was able to get to windows 10.0.14393.67
2. Restored phone info back to Lumia 630 Dual.
3. Some bugs appeared. (not relevant to step 2)
4. Hard Reset.

Now the problem : Now I want to go to the next build, I mean this one >> 10.0.14393.103 on RP ring.
And here is what I've done so far:
1. Repeated section "System requirements -> Windows 10" in the guide.
NO UPDATES!
2. Activated Insider Program. (It was deactivated) and joined RP ring.
NO UPDATES!

What do I do? Redstone is awesome, it also fixed my wired battery problem so I don't want to move backward but the bottom of the apps are cut out and even if the 14393.103 doesn't fix it, I prefer to move forward than stuck at 14393.67.

Last edited:

pgDarkness

Aug 26, 2016
Visit site
The current build on RP ring is 14393.103. So, no updates :winktongue:
About the scaling issue you might have to wait for the next build to see if it fixes or not.

Yes, but I'm stuck at 10.0.14393.67. My question is how can I get from 14393.67 to 14393.103?
I did try those 2 steps I described but no updates! (redo "System requirements -> Windows 10" section of the guide and joining RP ring)

[SUB]The scaling issue didn't get fixed with 14393.103? :cry:[/SUB]

Last edited:

Conan143

Jan 10, 2014
Visit site
Yes, but I'm stuck at 10.0.14393.67. My question is how can I get from 14393.67 to 14393.103?
I did try those 2 steps I described but no updates! (redo "System requirements -> Windows 10" section of the guide and joining RP ring)

[SUB]The scaling issue didn't get fixed with 14393.103? :cry:[/SUB]

If you have restored your device details or done a hard reset, then you have to spoof your device again with Interoptools or Custompfd or DHTUpgrade Advisor. Then enroll in the RP ring and check for updates. After that, you can either do a hard reset or just restore the phone defaults via DHTUpgrade Advisor.

EDIT: I guess you got the update. Yeah the scaling issue isn't fixed and there is no workaround either.

pgDarkness

Aug 26, 2016
Visit site
If you have restored your device details or done a hard reset, then you have to spoof your device again with Interoptools or Custompfd or DHTUpgrade Advisor. Then enroll in the RP ring and check for updates. After that, you can either do a hard reset or just restore the phone defaults via DHTUpgrade Advisor.

EDIT: I guess you got the update. Yeah the scaling issue isn't fixed and there is no workaround either.

Nope! I did what you are describing and still cant get the update!
My "System->About" section :
wp_ss_20160907_0001.png

My "Update & security->Phone update" section :
wp_ss_20160907_0002.png

Conan143

Jan 10, 2014
Visit site
Just to confirm ....Did you choose RP ring in Windows Insider Programme?
Try different handset details, like the 830 which is mentioned in the guide.

EDIT : See the registry section for editing the registry.

Last edited:

pgDarkness

Aug 26, 2016
Visit site
Currently considering I didn't read the entire guide (because only section "System Requirements -> Windows 10" was enough for me) , I have no idea how to select an specific device ID, but I will read the entire guide and will get back to you asap.
Meanwhile thanks for your awesome guide and your continues support on the subject Conan143.
Also tnx for the suggestion milkyway.

EDIT: I tried this section of the guide and successfully changed device ID to these :
PhoneManufacturerModelName >> RM-984_1006 >> Write
PhoneModelName >> Lumia 830 >> Write
PhoneHardwareVariant. >> RM-984 >> Write
PhoneManufacturer >> NOKIA >> Write

and still no luck, I even quit the insider program and rejoined RP ring (does it matter?), didn't work either.
Can you provide me with equivalent information for Lumia 636 (or any other device that you think might work) to set in those registry keys? What is your next suggestion in general?
Also do I need to wait a certain amount of time after joining insider program to start receiving updates?

Last edited:

Conan143

Jan 10, 2014
Visit site
Hmm, try adding these keys

HKLM/SOFTWARE/OEM/Nokia/Variant/BSPRelease >> 2177.0000 >> Write
HKLM/SOFTWARE/OEM/Nokia/Variant/ConfigurationID >> 1006_026570 >> Write

These are the details for Lumia 830.

If possible can you crosscheck your set ring in Windows Insider App. Open app and click about.

If it ain't working, use these details too

PhoneHardwareVariant -> RM-1027
PhoneManufacturer -> NOKIA
PhoneManufacturerModelName -> RM-1027_1007
PhoneMobileOperatorName -> 000-HK
PhoneModelName -> Lumia 636
PhoneSOCVersion -> 8926

Not working - try the updated DHTUpgrade Advisor app - Link

Last edited:

pgDarkness

Aug 26, 2016
Visit site
Hmm, try adding these keys

HKLM/SOFTWARE/OEM/Nokia/Variant/BSPRelease >> 2177.0000 >> Write
HKLM/SOFTWARE/OEM/Nokia/Variant/ConfigurationID >> 1006_026570 >> Write

These are the details for Lumia 830.
Didn't work! Still no updates.

If possible can you crosscheck your set ring in Windows Insider App. Open app and click about.

I wasn't using Windows Insider App, I was using the relevant settings :
wp_ss_20160909_0001.png

Just in case I installed Windows Insider App too:
wp_ss_20160909_0002.png

So... yea, I am indeed in RP ring.

If it ain't working, use these details too

PhoneHardwareVariant -> RM-1027
PhoneManufacturerModelName -> RM-1027_1007
PhoneMobileOperatorName -> 000-HK
PhoneModelName -> Lumia 636
PhoneSOCVersion -> 8926
I tried these setting and you can see the results in the last screen shot. Still no updates!

Not working - try the updated DHTUpgrade Advisor app - Link
I tried this one too, and guess what? Still no updates!

I did try suggested tricks one by one from top to bottom and soft reset phone before checking for updates, I don't know if its relevant or not.
Question : Am I still in the safe zone of "Do a hard reset and everything will be back to defaults?"

What would I do next? Should I go for a hard reset and start the latest tricks from scratch?

Thanks for your support.

Conan143

Jan 10, 2014
Visit site
Yes, if you do a hard reset everything will be restored to defaults and current OS would be 14393.67. We haven't gone to that point yet. You succeeded in getting the AU so there is something holding back your phone.

Try this, change the insider ring either to fast or slow....if it asks for a restart then do so. Then jump back to RP ring. Sometimes, it might help.

EDIT : A quick surf through XDA acertained that so many 630 users like you were stranded in the production rom (14393.67). And couldn't get builds from RP ring. It seemed like MS had set a RAM limit for the insider builds on the server side. Or we're missing something. Xda-developers are working on it and hopefully you may get builds from Insider programme.

Source : Xda link

Last edited:

pgDarkness

Aug 26, 2016
Visit site
Yes, if you do a hard reset everything will be restored to defaults and current OS would be 14393.67. We haven't gone to that point yet. You succeeded in getting the AU so there is something holding back your phone.

Try this, change the insider ring either to fast or slow....if it asks for a restart then do so. Then jump back to RP ring. Sometimes, it might help.

EDIT : A quick surf through XDA acertained that so many 630 users like you were stranded in the production rom (14393.67). And couldn't get builds from RP ring. It seemed like MS had set a RAM limit for the insider builds on the server side. Or we're missing something. Xda-developers are working on it and hopefully you may get builds from Insider programme.

Source : Xda link
Changing rings didn't work.

Well that wraps it up then. At least I know I'm not missing anything.
I will follow the provided link for news on DHT Upgrade Advisor.
Meanwhile I will feel relief if I could get my own 630 dual default registry keys back. I had a backup on DHT Upgrade Advisor but that is gone when I upgraded it to the latest version. I prefer not to go through a hard reset if possible and I didn't write down default keys (someone ask why not? :straight:). Any suggestions?

pgDarkness

Aug 26, 2016
Visit site
You could get the details from your stock rom. What's your product code?

I had no idea what is product code, so I did a little research and came up with this :
Code: 059W088 || Model: RM-978 || FCC ID: PDNRM-978
Which was written on the body, inside the phone, above sim section.
but according to this page, there is no such a thing! I'm confused!

Conan143

Jan 10, 2014
Visit site
PhoneHardwareVariant -> RM-978
PhoneManufacturerModelName -> RM-978_1064
PhoneMobileOperatorName -> 000-IR
PhoneModelName -> Lumia 630 Dual SIM
BSPRelease >> 2040.0021
ConfigurationID >> 1064_02660A

These should be the default details of your phone. And also use this link for stock roms as well as to check your product code.

Keep in mind that your phone (512 MB devices) only supports production builds for now unless we find a way to install insider builds. I guess in the next week MS might release a new build to the Production ring. Till then, you have to deal with the scaling issue.

pgDarkness

Aug 26, 2016
Visit site
PhoneHardwareVariant -> RM-978
PhoneManufacturerModelName -> RM-978_1064
PhoneMobileOperatorName -> 000-IR
PhoneModelName -> Lumia 630 Dual SIM
BSPRelease >> 2040.0021
ConfigurationID >> 1064_02660A

These should be the default details of your phone. And also use this link for stock roms as well as to check your product code.

Keep in mind that your phone (512 MB devices) only supports production builds for now unless we find a way to install insider builds. I guess in the next week MS might release a new build to the Production ring. Till then, you have to deal with the scaling issue.

Will do, thanks, you are awesome.

ConfigurationID >> 1064_02660A or ConfigurationID >> 1064.02660A ??

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
quicktravo