[Guide] Installing Redstone on Unsupported devices (X2X Series)

branja6

Nov 7, 2015
Visit site
Tnx for the help, but I have no idea how to do this. I went to the "device drivers" section and enabled hidden devices. I uninstalled some USB things but it didn't help. Here is the picture, please point me in the right direction..I am a bit of a noob. ^^

UXB.jpg

and this is what happens after a soft reboot (after i failed to root the phone) when I try to deploy an app (I knew it would fail but I had to try anyway)

deployment.jpg

pgDarkness

Aug 26, 2016
Visit site
I have problem with my Lumia 630 10.0.14393.321
I can't use Windows Insider Setting while I can't chose the preview track [ ATTACH=CONFIG]131802[/ATTACH] there is no "scroll down" option on this page so I can't do anything. I've reset the phone but it didn't helped. Did anyone has/had issue like that?
Dude, there is no Insider Program for 512MB Devices on Windows 10. Don't bother.

This is a known problem in the latest RS builds for 512 MB devices. But by the comment from pgDarkness this problem is resolved in .321 build. May it was just the Insider programme. And also don't try enrolling for the Insider programme even if it works or not as doing this will yield you no results since the Insider programme is not working for 512 MB devices. Only production builds work :)

Yes, as Conan said it too there is no insider program for 512MB devices now.
I think crixos problem is different from bottom of the apps cut out glitch. I think the translated text for his language is too long and its taking too much space hence the options are rendering under the screen and there is no scroll there maybe because Microsoft forgot to put one on this page specifically? Probably the translated text is ok on larger devices which its supposed to be! Remember Windows 10 is not officially supported on 512MB devices!

And there is an another update on my comment >>

Conan143

Jan 10, 2014
Visit site
Tnx for the help, but I have no idea how to do this. I went to the "device drivers" section and enabled hidden devices. I uninstalled some USB things but it didn't help. Here is the picture, please point me in the right direction..I am a bit of a noob. ^^

and this is what happens after a soft reboot (after i failed to root the phone) when I try to deploy an app (I knew it would fail but I had to try anyway)

Well, I don't see your device in that, may be it was "WinUSB Device". Did you have windows device recovery tool installed?
What is your device model and what OS are you currently running 8.1 or 10?

Didier FERS

Sep 2, 2016
Visit site
Hello.
The 14393.448 don't pass on my Lumia 1020.
Windows Update recognize an update and download but I have the (0x8018830f) error on the installation.
Ok for you ?

branja6

Nov 7, 2015
Visit site
I've uninstalled WinUSB Device and haven't succeeded. Yes, I have the latest WDRT installed. My device is Lumia 1020 on the WP8.1. I did everything that is written in the guide (even checked that my device is on one of the three OS versions) and unlocked bootloader successfully. When I try to root it, it is always stuck on "rebooting the phone to mass storage mode" until I soft reset the device using the buttons combination. Is there any other way to root the phone?

Conan143

Jan 10, 2014
Visit site
Capture.PNG

Sample screenshot from my pc.

But yours is different. Try removing all the WDRT and its prerequisites (winusb drivers etc.,) from "Programs and features". Then resintall WDRT and see if it recognizes your phone.

branja6

Nov 7, 2015
Visit site
I did that already, still not working. Damn..something's got to be off with my PC. I'll try the whole process on my friend's computer tomorrow, and I will write the results.
Tnx again for all the help

Conan143

Jan 10, 2014
Visit site
Np. One question, does WDRT recognize the device?
Seems like something had gone wrong with your pc, may be trying on your friend's computer will give you results :)

Conan143

Jan 10, 2014
Visit site
Hello.
The 14393.448 don't pass on my Lumia 1020.
Windows Update recognize an update and download but I have the (0x8018830f) error on the installation.
Ok for you ?

Nope, tried all the methods but still fails to install the update. WU shows this error (0x80070002) after it failed. Did hard reset, tried to remove files in software distribution folder, tried installing language packs, still no dice.

As per the comments by users on the WC article, many failed to install the update. In the end to install this update, I had to roll back to previous build that I took backup via WPI and then It successfully installed, it sucks :(

UPDATE: This also works - Switching to RP ring, the update .448 successfully installed. I don't get why the production build (.448) same as RP ring fail to install.

Last edited:

branja6

Nov 7, 2015
Visit site
It does recognize my device, but I was unable to flash from W10M to WP8.1 on my Lumia 830 earlier this year...so, something must have gone terribly wrong.
I hope my friend's computer will do the trick. :D

PicodeGalla

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
I believe I followed the directions properly, my phone is still working...but I am stuck on 8.1. I was on windows 10 but I had the .63 variant and not the .107. So I reset it and updated it until I reached one of the good number in the 8.1 category and went from there. Now Windows insider is not giving me any updates and saying there is no update. Any suggestions? Using a Lumia 925.

Conan143

Jan 10, 2014
Visit site
I believe I followed the directions properly, my phone is still working...but I am stuck on 8.1. I was on windows 10 but I had the .63 variant and not the .107. So I reset it and updated it until I reached one of the good number in the 8.1 category and went from there. Now Windows insider is not giving me any updates and saying there is no update. Any suggestions? Using a Lumia 925.

So what your saying is that you went back to WP8.1 and updated to whatever firmware is currently available for it and then did the unlocking and root process in this guide. And after changing the registry keys, and enrolling in Windows Insider app, you weren't offered a build, right?

You did all the steps correctly. Crosscheck if the registry keys are updated or not by checking the model info in Settings (About section) app.

dzondo

Nov 12, 2016
Visit site
Hi guys,

I've tried to follow this guide to get my Lumia 1020 to Windows 10 but failed basically at the very beginning, so I am hoping some of you guys who know this stuff better might be able to help. What happened was that when trying to unlock bootloader, the phone got to this state where it would not boot. All it gave me was a sad smiley on blue background, which was pretty much in-line with how I felt at that moment :smile:. As it wasn't recognized by neither WPinternals nor WDRT anymore, I guess I had successfully bricked it. Luckily enough, I was able to use the "exclamation mark" procedure mentioned here to unbrick it and reinstall 8.1 and after another update it is now at 8.10.14226.359.

While trying to figure out what went wrong, I have noticed one thing. My product code is 059T9Z4 and although I have the downloaded the exact ROM from lumiafirmware.com, as instructed by the guide, I've noticed that my firmware seems to be newer (!?) than the apparantly latest firmware on lumiafirmware.com. I have 3051.50009.1451.1004, while the site shows 3051.50009.1424.0004 as last. After clicking through probably at least a half of the very long list of product codes of Lumia 1020, I managed to find one which had "my" firmware version, (059T474 - RM-875 VAR EURO FR SFR SL BLACK). So what would you guys suggest I try next? Retry the procedure with respect to my product code and hope that this time it works (although it is obviously a different firmware revision) or rather try with the "french" ROM, that at least has the correct firmware revision?

Any help greatly appreciated!

Conan143

Jan 10, 2014
Visit site
Any help greatly appreciated!

This version 3051.50009.1424.0004 is the last firmware update offered to my phone (059T0P2). So different phone variants will have different firmware versions. There is no need to concern about this. I had said to download the stock roms as a backup from lumiafirmware.com so that you can re-flash your phone in case of any contingencies (Brick).

Stock ROMS aren't updated so only via OTP we can download latest fimrware update.

From the comment, I assume this is last update 3051.50009.1451.1004 + 8.10.14226.359 offered to your phone, right? If so then continue with unlocking and root access process :)

Conan143

Jan 10, 2014
Visit site
Exactly. I am not a noob but I basically double checked every step. here is a photo. how does it lookView attachment 131868

Hmm, everything is correct. Try the below keys.

PhoneManufacturer : MicrosoftMDG
PhoneManufacturerModelName : RM-1085_11302
PhoneModelName : Lumia 950 XL
PhoneHardwareVariant : RM-1085

or

PhoneHardwareVariant : RM-1045
PhoneManufacturer : NOKIA
PhoneManufacturerModelName : RM-1045_1003
PhoneModelName : Lumia 930

If you're still unsuccessful, then may be you need to change the below registry keys too.
HKLM/SOFTWARE/OEM/Nokia/Variant/BSPRelease
HKLM/SOFTWARE/OEM/Nokia/Variant/ConfigurationID

dzondo

Nov 12, 2016
Visit site
From the comment, I assume this is last update 3051.50009.1451.1004 + 8.10.14226.359 offered to your phone, right? If so then continue with unlocking and root access process :)

Thanks for the feedback. Yes, that is the last update currently offered. I'll give it another shot later today and report back. Thanks again!

dzondo

Nov 12, 2016
Visit site
I was able to unlock the bootloader and proceed with the installation (although I am pretty certain that nothing has changed since yesterday, when the same procedure had bricked the device :smile:), but now I am stuck at the Windows Insider step. After signing up I got the message that there are no builds available :( I've used the Lumia 830 model name as suggested. Do you have any idea where to go from here?

Thanks in advance!

branja6

Nov 7, 2015
Visit site
I've successfully updated my device to W10M. It works great for the most part (I should probably hard reset it, but I don't like the idea to start all over again since my internet connection is not among the fastest out there). Don't have the Lumia camera app anymore, which is a shame because the default camera only outputs in full resolution, but it seems to work faster. Thanks for your help Conan

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vascro