[Guide] Installing Redstone on Unsupported devices (X2X Series)

nitikosovo

Oct 7, 2016
Visit site
i installed win10 succesfully using conan method i updated to latest build and it works good but sometimes apps crash and it is laggy !!
what is you experience with the method you followed

John Christopoulos

May 9, 2014
Visit site
What do you mean it's not available anymore? Are you able to find the store link? (by clicking it in "My library")
When I search for the app sometimes it will find it but It had That exclamation mark saying that the application is not compatible with my device and there is no button to download. The same happens in my library with no option to download it. Another time it found Lumia camera, but with a different icon saying "internal use only" again with no option to download.

John Christopoulos

May 9, 2014
Visit site
When I search for the app sometimes it will find it but It had That exclamation mark saying that the application is not compatible with my device and there is no button to download. The same happens in my library with no option to download it. Another time it found Lumia camera, but with a different icon saying "internal use only" again with no option to download.

Attachments

• Capture001.png
    Capture001.png
    189.5 KB · Views: 1

milkyway

Apr 16, 2014
Visit site
You can't search for it, but can go to the right link via "My library". There you can (probably) install with the "Whatsapp trick".
  1. Go to the store link of Lumia Camera
  2. There search for another app (any app will do)
  3. Quickly tap 3 times on install on this other app
  4. Quickly hit the back button to go back to the Lumia Camera store link
  5. It should start installing

John Christopoulos

May 9, 2014
Visit site
You can't search for it, but can go to the right link via "My library". There you can (probably) install with the "Whatsapp trick".
  1. Go to the store link of Lumia Camera
  2. There search for another app (any app will do)
  3. Quickly tap 3 times on install on this other app
  4. Quickly hit the back button to go back to the Lumia Camera store link
  5. It should start installing

will give it a try...

John Christopoulos

May 9, 2014
Visit site
ok now...
I just got to RS2 updating my 1020 from 8.1 without a reset!
LumiaCamera disappeared from my phone. no option to install it again.
REALLY Microsoft? Did I tell you to ERASE data from my phone? Now I am moving to fast ring to chase my luck! Sue I can try to deploy LC, butijust want to see how far I an get with hope!!! Plenty of time in the weekend. MS, all yours!

John Christopoulos

May 9, 2014
Visit site
ok now...
I just got to RS2 updating my 1020 from 8.1 without a reset!
LumiaCamera disappeared from my phone. no option to install it again.
REALLY Microsoft? Did I tell you to ERASE data from my phone? Now I am moving to fast ring to chase my luck! Sue I can try to deploy LC, butijust want to see how far I an get with hope!!! Plenty of time in the weekend. MS, all yours!
all of a sudden, it was fixed...

Deniii

Jul 27, 2016
Visit site
What happens if a Windows Phone 8.1 device is not on any of those 3 OS versions mentioned at the beggining? (8.10.14219.341, 8.10.14226.359, 8.10.14234.37)

Is the warning there because it will brick for sure or it hasn't been tested yet with a different version?
My phone (Lumia 822) is on OS 8.10.14203.306 and this is the latest version available for this phone.

b34r15h

Apr 1, 2017
Visit site
I recently followed the instructions in the first post while trying to update a Lumia 820 to W10m.

Everything appears to have gone well, however when I open Windows Insider it says there are no builds available.

I have checked with Upgrade Advisor too and that also says there are no updates available.

I don't know where to go from here, could somebody please advise?

John Christopoulos

May 9, 2014
Visit site
I recently followed the instructions in the first post while trying to update a Lumia 820 to W10m.

Everything appears to have gone well, however when I open Windows Insider it says there are no builds available.

I have checked with Upgrade Advisor too and that also says there are no updates available.

I don't know where to go from here, could somebody please advise?
Did you make the registry edits? is your phone a Lumia 830 now?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
quicktravo