08-25-2018 12:45 PM
71 123
tools
    plz make a video for this tutorial plz
    06-08-2017 02:02 AM
    The first post in the thread contains everything you need - post below if anything is unclear and we can try to help.
    06-08-2017 11:14 AM
    Anyone running the latest CU build (15063.414) on Lumia 925? Does it run smoothly without Bluetooth issues after reset? I upgraded my lumia 925 using the offline method and its now on 10586.962 mobile enterprise and after increasing virtual memory to 1gb its running very nicely. Unfortunately it seems Skype will stop working on that build in a couple of days. I know glance screen will stop working after upgrading past AU but seen a fix for that on XDA. Would you recommend updating all the way to CU or latest AU build? Looks like next wm10 update will bring Bluetooth fixes ☺ ...
    06-28-2017 04:29 AM
    Hey guys,

Firstly thanks for this tutorial, the first section worked perfectly!

But I have two problems : I'm french and my french keyboard isn't working anymore, despite the english one is working well, don't know why? I tried to delete and choose again the french keyboard but it still doesn't work...

So I've tried to upgrade my Lumia 520 as explain in section 2 to maybe correct this problem but once I tried to check for updates nothing new appear but the same red message : "some settings are managed by your organization".

Maybe could you give me some help?

Thanks in advance.

wp_ss_20170710_0005.png
    07-10-2017 01:19 AM
    You probably need to apply the relevant IME file from the XDA thread for your keyboard, as mentioned in the first post (I think this may work after a successful update anyway, but you can apply it first if you want to try that).

Did you tick "defer" upgrades" in Advanced Options and then check for updates again? Also please ensure you are NOT opted into the Insider Preview.
    07-10-2017 04:30 AM
    I've tick "defer upgrades" but it still doesn't work. I actually was involved into Windows Insider Program and even if I did not download the app since I've upgrade to Windows 10 with your tutorial, how could I be sure to getting me out of the program to try again?
    07-10-2017 12:01 PM
    If you've never had the Insider app on your phone since you last did a hard reset, then you won't be opted into it.

Have you done a hard reset since upgrading to W10M? If not, do one and then apply the Enterprise package again and tick "Defer upgrades" again.
    07-10-2017 12:44 PM
    Looks like you have your SIm-card in your phone. Try removing Simcard then look for updates, some people report you have to do this to find get the update. I updated my lumia 925 without the simcard and on latest 10586 build keyboard worked fine. Insert Sim when irs updated.
    07-10-2017 02:53 PM
    Many thanks, the hard reset allowed me to make the upgrade exactly as explained in section 2 and my french keyboard work again perfectly!!
    fin11 likes this.
    07-10-2017 03:02 PM
    Cool, if you'd used Insider on the phone before then something might have been left over from that then, as being opted into Insider definitely overrides opting into Enterprise updates.
    07-10-2017 07:25 PM
    can anybody explain to me this point:

(3) Open the .cab file and then extract and open the InstalledPackages.csv file. This lists all of the packages installed on the phone, for every one that is a Microsoft one (as opposed to Nokia, OEM, etc - ignore/remove all the lines from a copy of the file where "Microsoft" does not appear after the first comma) locate the corresponding update file that was downloaded from Windows Update and copy it to a suitable location e.g. C:\W10Mupdate. You will end up with a folder containing all of the .cab files from the update that are relevant to your phone.

please i'm not getting it :(
    07-13-2017 10:44 AM
    This is to work out which files from the downloaded set you need for your phone, as different files are applicable to different phones. The InstalledPackages.csv file lists all of the packages that are installed on your phone, so can be used to work out which updated ones you need to install. You should find a file in the downloaded set that has a similar name to each of the Microsoft lines in the InstalledPackages.csv file (don't worry about the non-Microsoft lines).

If you are having trouble with this, you can just upgrade to the latest 10586.xxx branch using W10M Enterprise and stay on that branch of W10M for now, or you can use the registry change documented elsewhere to make your phone appears as a supported model which then allows you to use the Insider app to upgrade to a later branch, rather than using this fully offline method that doesn't require any registry changes etc.
    07-14-2017 05:41 AM
    Hi,

Can anyone help me? I have followed section 2 & 3 but now stuck in step 4 of section 3. I have ran the command to copy files to mobile which is success. When I check the update progress in mobile phone update it also shows progress bar. It goes till 2% after which it gives error and code is 0x800b0114. Even there is no sound from mobile i.e. no ringtones can be heard nor calls. I have Nokia lumia 1320 and trying to update to RS2.

Please help!

Thanks in advance.
    08-01-2017 11:45 AM
    Are you using the newer version of iutool.exe for this stage (the file date on it is 18 March 2017), have you done a hard reset before trying this, and do you definitely have all of the right files (and no extra ones) for your phone (you don't want all the files in the list from XDA that you download, you have to pick out just the ones that are appropriate to your phone based on InstalledPackages.csv and only push those ones to the phone using iutool.exe)?

If you still can't get it to work, you can try going to RS1 first and then to RS2 if you're currently on TH2 (10586.xxx), or you can also upgrade using the registry hack instead which is detailed in one of the other threads here and on XDA, basically you change some values in the Registry so that your phone tells the Windows Update server that it is a supported model like a 950 and so it then downloads the update over-the-air.
    08-02-2017 07:26 PM
    Sir tdbmoss, can you have a video tutorial for section 3. Its hard for me to follow the instructions. Thank You.

Can I also asked if its applicable other than lumias?
    Last edited by drmarketdean827; 08-25-2017 at 07:10 AM.
    08-24-2017 05:38 AM
    The original XDA post that I linked to with the offline 10586.107 update files that is needed to get from 8.1 to the original build of W10M does list some other phones that it is compatible with yes, I have only ever had Lumias myself though so don't know a lot about the third-party devices.

I would assume that upgrading to the latest 10586.xxx build using W10M Enterprise should also work if the original 10586.xxx runs ok on the phone in question, I don't know about the later W10M branches though given that they were never supported on the older phones, especially third-party ones that MS cares even less about.
    08-28-2017 06:01 AM
    I'm rather late to the party, but I wanted to thank you very much for these instructions.

Here were my experiences on my active Lumia 928:

• The instructions in Section 1 went fine to get me to 10586.107. Hallelujah.
    • The instructions in Section 2, Steps 1-4 to turn Windows 10 Mobile to Windows 10 Mobile Enterprise didn't work after repeated attempts, even after powering off/on with the SIM card removed. What made it work for me was hard resetting the phone with the SIM card removed (I didn't try a hard reset with the SIM card in). As part of the hard reset, there was a check box that asked about removing provisioning information, which I did not select (it isn't selected by default). After the reset the phone was automatically Windows 10 Mobile Enterprise (I didn't need to repeat Steps 1-4).
    • Section 2, Step 5 (check for updates, then select Defer Updates) as of today wants to over-the-air update me to 14003.1176. I'm not sure what's up with that; I was expecting to only get updates within 10586.xxxx. I'm not sure if this is good or bad. My phone is in the process of updating now.
    02-13-2018 10:03 PM
    hi everyone,

i tried doing this update on lumia 625 running windows 8.1 and failed misserably
    i managed to get through section 1 up untill step 6 but no further. the phone rebooted after installing the update but the cugs turned for a short time and then i got a sad smiley face and the phone rebooted again repeating the same thing over and over and over.....basically it's stuck in a boot loop.

i tried using windows mobile recovery tool but it won't recognise that my device is connected.

i tried NSS or something of that abriviation but didn't do jack, kept getting errors

i tried redoing the section 1 up to step 4 but now command prompt doesn't show my device. im guessing the constant rebooting isn't helping in that process eighter

i tried installing a win 8 mobile ROM following this tutorial https://forum.xda-developers.com/sho....php?t=2515453 but that didn't do anything

all i could fix was stoping the reboot cycle by pressing the buttons on the side and now i have a lovely lightning bolt and gear symbol on the screen. tried redoing the section 1 a final time but now it just fails to run the command on the phone

can anybody help me out with this **** up? would be much apreciated
    03-20-2018 06:28 PM
    hi everyone,

i tried doing this update on lumia 625 running windows 8.1 and failed misserably
    i managed to get through section 1 up untill step 6 but no further. the phone rebooted after installing the update but the cugs turned for a short time and then i got a sad smiley face and the phone rebooted again repeating the same thing over and over and over.....basically it's stuck in a boot loop.

i tried using windows mobile recovery tool but it won't recognise that my device is connected.

i tried NSS or something of that abriviation but didn't do jack, kept getting errors

i tried redoing the section 1 up to step 4 but now command prompt doesn't show my device. im guessing the constant rebooting isn't helping in that process eighter

i tried installing a win 8 mobile ROM following this tutorial https://forum.xda-developers.com/sho....php?t=2515453 but that didn't do anything

all i could fix was stoping the reboot cycle by pressing the buttons on the side and now i have a lovely lightning bolt and gear symbol on the screen. tried redoing the section 1 a final time but now it just fails to run the command on the phone

can anybody help me out with this **** up? would be much apreciated
    03-20-2018 06:31 PM
    Special thanks to tdbmoss.
    Yesterday, I updated my 6 yr old Lumia 920 from 8.1 to Anniversary Update - 14393 in two steps both offline (step 1 : 10586).
    Faced keyboard failure in 10586 so have to upgrade to 14393.
    Entire process was effortless and simple as mentioned.
    And my lumia 920 has taken a rebirth. The experience is so fluid, it'll take some getting used to.
    fin11 and nate0 like this.
    07-10-2018 03:49 AM
    Hello. Thank you for providing a detailed tutorial on this. I have a question, however. I already have 10586.107 on my Lumia 810 as I updated to that build when the Insider Preview app was still functioning, and now I'm planning on upgrading to a later branch. I didn't want to take the risk before as there was no way for me to get back to 10586.107 if the update failed, and I didn't want to be stuck with Windows Phone 8.0. It appears that now I can, but I'm not sure if I'm able to get up to the required WP8.1 build in the first place.

As far as I know, if I use WDRT or the files from LumiaFirmware.com, my phone will be reverted to WP8.0, as it never received an official update to 8.1 from the carrier, and I had to use the Developer Preview app. I don't think this app works either at this point, but I noticed that the thread you linked additionally provides a link to the offline files needed to get Lumia 810 from 8.0 up to 8.10.14219.341, which seems to be the prerequisite for installing 10586.xxx. As far as I am able to tell, with this, it should be possible to get my phone back to the build I'm using now even after a potential re-flash, but I nonetheless wanted to ask someone who's more knowledgeable in order to make sure that I'm not missing anything. Am I?
    08-25-2018 12:45 PM
71 123