Galaxy Note 10 Deal: BOGO at Verizon!
07-23-2019 10:17 PM
82 ... 234
tools
    I know I'm a bit late to this, but I hope someone might be able to help.

I've completed the steps to get to the most recent build of WP 10 (10586.1176), however when trying to download some apps, like Lumia camera, I get a message saying this app is blocked by my organization, is this because I updated using the enterprise method? If I remove the package file will it work?

I also have the same issue as the person above regarding some pre-installed apps that just take me to their store page when I open them, and then when I try to download them, they open the app, which again takes me to the store page.

If anyone has an idea on how to resolve these issues, that would be great.
    07-15-2019 12:09 AM
    Never had that message myself when using W10M Enterprise - you can remove the package but I think it still shows as Enterprise edition in the About screen if you do that, the only way to make it go back to W10M non-Enterprise is to hard reset if I remember correctly, so you could try that and see if it helps (you'll still be on the same W10M build if you hard reset).

Are you using a Lumia 1020 as doesn't Lumia Camera only work on that now, it will just tell you to use the built-in Camera app on any other model?
    07-17-2019 09:45 AM
    Yeah I am using a 1020, I've explored the phone a bit more since my first post and there are actually a few apps that seem to have issues.

Some of the native MS apps, such as OneNote, Word, Excel, and Weather all take me to their store page when I open them, but the store page says that I already have them, and there is only an "Open" button there which just takes me back to the app, which takes me back to the store page etc.

wp_ss_20190720_0001.png

I saw on your other guide about how to get HERE maps, that on the XDA forum (https://forum.xda-developers.com/sho...14&postcount=3) they have some retail packages for other apps as well as HERE, but I couldn't find any for the weather app, or One Note, is there a repository somewhere I could get these files from?
    Last edited by Rightey; 07-21-2019 at 12:43 AM.
    07-20-2019 05:42 PM
    I never had any issues like that with mine I'm afraid, though things may have changed as it hasn't been my main phone for a year and a half now and MS barely support W10M these days - did you try a hard reset to see of that resolves it? Maybe see if the stock app version that is on there after a hard reset (for the built-in apps) works and then run all app updates from the Store to see if they then work or still work. I did get my 1020 out just now and update the MS Office apps to check that the latest versions do still work on the 1020 and 10586.1176 though and they do, just in case MS had pushed an update that made them incompatible with either.
    Last edited by tdbmoss; 07-21-2019 at 06:49 PM.
    07-21-2019 06:31 PM
    Firstly, I just want to say thanks for all the help you've given me so far tdbmoss, and for the great guide.

I just tried your suggestions of hard re-setting and then updating the apps, but it doesn't seem to work. I get the same message when I open the app. initially after the hard re-set and when I go in to the store to update my apps, it doesn't show up as needing to be updated. I wonder if the build of Windows 10 I got was simply missing some apps, as Word, Excel and PowerPoint all work, only One Note is missing, alone with Weather.

I also wanted to know if you think there is any point to going beyond 10586.1176, from what I've seen the phone works well enough right now, but are there any app updates that make upgrading worth it? Like something that adds a new feature?
    07-23-2019 01:39 AM
    10586.1176 is the last build in the 1511 (Threshold 2) branch, you would be moving to a 1607 (Anniversary Update) build if so - I personally didn't, the 1511/10586.x branch was sort-of supported on the x2x phones in that it was officially available on them during the Insider Preview phase but when W10M was released from beta it wasn't supported on them, so we know it works/was designed to work on that hardware - later branches do work though and you'll find various opinions on whether they work better on unsupported phones than 1511/10586.x or not.

The Here apps definitely don't work on branches later than 1511/10586.x, and you would need to look into whether Lumia Camera does or not, which you do really need on the 1020. I don't remember there being app features etc that only worked on newer branches and these days all branches are sadly similarly outdated/unsupported by apps - I remember being disappointed when I found that the panorama feature that got added to the built-in Camera app just errored on the 1020 (and other x2x phones) but apparently that is a hardware requirement that isn't met rather than the fact that it's an older branch of W10M.
    07-23-2019 01:02 PM
    Thank you for the information, I guess I'll stick with 10586.1176.
    07-23-2019 10:17 PM
82 ... 234