speed up your windows phone 10 works 100% and tested

Jaripi

Nov 16, 2012
Visit site
no benefits !!!!
it has been proven that this mode make any device with 1gb ram preform much better
for instance take facebook load much faster and no resuming screen
WhatsApp no resuming screen
multi-tasking is preform better
there is no down-side with this mode
that's why it get so much attention
Well, I think that the most phones have limited internal memory, so they put also a limited virtual memory, to save free space. If there is no free space, then they are easily in trouble even with updates. It makes sense. However, I was really surprising that my Lumia 950 XL DS has only 256 Mb virtual memory, even it has 3 Gb RAM. It does not make any sense. Do you know what is the optimal size of virtual memory for Lumia 950 devices ?

nhg16

Oct 18, 2016
Visit site
Have you done this registry tweak yourself? I did it on L640xl. I see a bit faster performance. But only a bit. Still people app can't load immediately. First a blank page appears for a second and then contacts appear. WhatsApp loading is as previous.
This happens on a phone which has more than 2 gb of free internal memory and no heavy app. SD card is faster one and has only Music/Photos on it (only2 gb) and no movies.
This tweak is only to improve running multiple apps. I don't think the app loading will be faster because of it. To achieve it MS needs to improve W10M which won't happen for 1gb RAM phones.

RumoredNow

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site

Alan C2

Jun 6, 2014
Visit site
It is highly recommended that you read at least the first three posts of this thread (maybe the first few pages - you want to have an idea of what you are getting into): https://forum.xda-developers.com/wi...app-interop-tools-versatile-registry-t3445271

Get the latest Interop Tool here: https://forum.xda-developers.com/showpost.php?p=71000190&postcount=607

Got it thanks, And I downloaded the windows 10 developer kit, hooked up phone , paired with system and deployed app using web interface as show here:
c# - how to deploy windows phone 10 application to a device? - Stack Overflow

After writing new 1024 values to registry, not noticing much of a difference.
OneNote still opens slowly as does maps.
Scrolling may be faster but closing all open aps using the Hold + Back button + Close on each one doesn't seem to move faster.

garisa

Sep 20, 2016
Visit site
Got it thanks, And I downloaded the windows 10 developer kit, hooked up phone , paired with system and deployed app using web interface as show here:
c# - how to deploy windows phone 10 application to a device? - Stack Overflow
Can you please tell me what exactly did you use from that page to deploy Interop Tools? I would need to deploy vcREG on my brothers phone, so I could interop/cap unlock it. If anybody knows an easy way, please tell me. Right now I'm installing Windows Software Development Kit, I hope I'll make it. I tried it before, and I couldn't figure it out.

nate0

Mar 1, 2015
Visit site
You really only need this for a phone with 1GB of RAM or less. But it works on any phone. Whether you see noticeable changes from it is up to you I suppose. Hence why it is an old tweak, still good to know though for many.

sileZn

Apr 10, 2017
Visit site
Hi i'm new here and i have some questions about Interop etc. (also sry for my english, it's not my first language)

I'm using a 640 Lumia Phone (Dual Sim, not LTE).

I downloaded Interop Tools, rc3 didn't work for me, so i had to install the Preview version from the Store.
I also downloaded and installed the following tools from the youtube tutorial https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sAu4XFEnVlM

If i start Interop Tools, i click first on THIS DEVICE and choose the WINRT Registry Provider.
Then i go to Registry Browser and go the following Path (HKLM\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Session Manager\Memory Management\PagingFiles) HOWEVER the app always closes if i hit Session Manager, i cant get past there. Same happens if i go to Registry Editor and write the path from my own, after typing session manager it quits the app.

I tried to enable Restore NDTKSvc and restarted my phone after that and then activated Interop/Cap Unlock and New Capability Engine Unlock, but even then the App closes if i hit Session Manager.

Any Idea why? and how i can solve the problem?
I really could need a little performance boost :)

Lautaro Papagno

Jul 10, 2015
Visit site
Hi, on a 635(512) I've tryed 256 1024, 1024 1024, 512 512, etc and all of them appears to have no impact on VM. System Reserved always shows Virtual Mem CERO bytes. Any ideas ? thanks

bprashant19

Apr 10, 2014
Visit site
Hi, on a 635(512) I've tryed 256 1024, 1024 1024, 512 512, etc and all of them appears to have no impact on VM. System Reserved always shows Virtual Mem CERO bytes. Any ideas ? thanks

I too have 635 with 512 mb ram.

I followed these steps except for step 6 (Enable crash reporting, next, Enable Authentication) and 10 ("Interop/Cap Unlock", turn on "New Capability Engine Unlock"):

http://forums.windowscentral.com/wi...date-your-older-lumia-device.html#post3658547

also use this link to download interop and dependencies- this is Interop Tools Release Candidate 2 and worked for me.

https://forum.xda-developers.com/sho...&postcount=550

SammUL

Apr 13, 2014
Visit site
Should the new value show as the device's virtual memory after this mod? I edited the PagingFile registry on my 1020 to 1024 1024, and then 1280 1280, and although it is saved, when I go to Storage->System&Reserved , the virtual memory shows as 0. Why does it stay at zero? Should it be updated with the new value? Thanks in advance

Skynet3D

Aug 4, 2013
Visit site
This is killer man! I used this trick and now my 930 runs like hell!
MSN News loads news at double speed, the Store is as fast as in WP8.1 (almost).
I am just disappointed that MS never implemented this as native in WPhone/WMobile, since improves a lot the user experience - i did not test this on the long period yet... let's see - and this tricks came out after years of frustration with WP!

Great job man! Now my Lumia could have a sort of second life!

guidadall

Mar 21, 2016
Visit site

Same here. I've change my Lumia 925 to 512 512 and system reserved virtual memory shows 0 bytes. Additionally, the system doesn't install any more apps updates (shows a message to free up disk space) even though I still have 9GB free on disk.

Any ideas?

Drael646464

Apr 2, 2017
Visit site
This is killer man! I used this trick and now my 930 runs like hell!
MSN News loads news at double speed, the Store is as fast as in WP8.1 (almost).
I am just disappointed that MS never implemented this as native in WPhone/WMobile, since improves a lot the user experience - i did not test this on the long period yet... let's see - and this tricks came out after years of frustration with WP!

Great job man! Now my Lumia could have a sort of second life!

Its understandable why they didn't: Most phones with 1gb ram, have 8gb storage. Using 1 of that just for cache, would have limited app and system memory a lot. And by the time you get to 2gb+ ram, there's not as much point. So the list of devices this is ideal for, isn't that big.

Although the 930 isn't a slouch. It has 2gb of ram, and a decent processor - so its interesting you get performance gains from this.

Out of curiosity, as a side topic, do you get app crashes, or bugs running windows 10 on your 930?

I'm sort of curious about the device as a cheaper way into win10m, but doesn't seem too solid on windows 10 from peoples reports.

anthonyng

Nov 29, 2012
Visit site
I'm sort of curious about the device as a cheaper way into win10m, but doesn't seem too solid on windows 10 from peoples reports.

I don't really think it's any different as my 950xl has it's fair share of weird behaviour, app crashes or reboots. Though I am now trying my first phone reset since TH2 so we'll see!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brilliantick99