03-30-2016 03:01 AM
598 ... 89101112 ...
tools
    this was shown during the TechEd Europe 2014 demo of windows 10. This might be how windows Phone 10 looks like. win10two.jpg
    win10one.jpg
    12-02-2014 12:27 AM
    1.Provide banner notifications at the bottom of the screen when you are in lock screen.. We have to take our fingers all the way to the top to open the banner notifications..
    2. When you are in the start screen swiping down should open action center
    12-02-2014 12:43 AM
    1. Changes in user interface

2. Welcome android games and some google services.

3. More and more gestures needed.

4. Add mobile data to notification center. Change notification center interface completely.

5. Better sorting of app list and sorting of long settings list.

6. Lock option for apps and messages.

7. Finger print scanner support,3D touch and notification led for upcoming phones.

8. Better integration for third party apps in notification center.

9. Bluetooth sharing must show in notification center.

10. Lock screen styles like picture lock and some patterns.

11. Better quality of popular apps.In Wp, (fb cover photo can't able to change in wp).fix it

12. Interactive live tiles.
    13. Most popular apps nd games are missing in Windows phone.Fill them
    14. Multi Window feature. For 5" + phones
    15. Xbox music app should be redesigned completely
    16.Photos hub and videos hub should be seperated with new UI.
    12-05-2014 12:28 AM
    I wish winodows Phone 10 will support some usefull android app also.
    12-10-2014 03:02 AM
    1. Full unrestricted multitasking (preferably app selectable)
    2. More fine grained ACL, like Blackberry BB10 (you can select the access rights for each app, location, internet etc)
    3. Comprehensive system monitor that monitors system and each app (memory, cpu usage, network). Hey, why not port task manager to WP.
    4. Silent reboot (not sure if this is already implemented.)
    5. USB tethering
    6. HDMI support
    7. USB OTG support including HMI devices.
    8. Multi display, supporting different resolutions for each display.
    9. I want the command prompt (or power shell)
    10. File manager, the full monty options like on desktop Windows.
    12-10-2014 04:26 AM
    My next wishlists
    12> add support call recorder apps and have a call recorder in default.
    13>multi window support
    14> add support app and games share via Bluetooth and other wifi direct apps with other windows devices.
    15> wp8.1 support only one theme effect. So add more have attractive new theme affects to wp users choose own theme effect in dependently.
    16> add app, games backup in sd card. And support apps install without internet and without opening store. Direct install app in sd card.
    12-12-2014 02:44 AM
    I rely on my device as my central point, far more than my own computer and believe me I do d-mn near everything on my Windows Phone. I really wish for the following:

*Give consumers the option to enable encryption. I personally have gone to some serious lengths to be able to push my own EAS policies to my device just to enable internal storage encryption, which is available by the flip of a toggle on every other mobile platform. Security!

*USB On-The-Go. With a practical mini computer on hand that has Office built in and so much multimedia capability, the ability to plug in a thumb drive to transfer data or use an external keyboard would be so excellent. If there were such a thing as using an external cd burner via OTG, I would never need to sit down behind a computer again, but maybe that's pushing it :)

*Give mobile IE the ability to download/save ANY file type from the web. Just because it may be a file WP doesn't have an app on hand for does not mean one can't be installed. Even if there isn't one, I might want to download something to transfer to my PC later.

That's all for me. I am somebody who tries to do everything possible on my WP on purpose because I love it so much, and I mean stuff that people would normally hit up a PC to do. The above stuff is all I feel I'm missing.

Oh, and *please* massacre this "hamburger menu" crap post-haste. I really hate that thing ;)
    a5cent, arjunan and 1uno1 like this.
    12-12-2014 07:48 PM
    Like the iPhone turns into an iPod when connected via USB in the car, that feature implemented on Windows phone would just be plain awesome!
    12-14-2014 04:34 PM
    Currently, when we swipe to the right, we get the apps list. What about the left? IMO, that's a whole unused space. I think we should have something there, definitely customizable, like being able to add an open app there. How about "swipe left to the phone dialer"? Or a control panel/frequently used settings? Swipe left to whatever we choose to put there!

More tile sizes.. like a "larger" tile. Then have interactive info on the live tile like "mail" for example; we could swipe read email headers off the tile. Or music controls on the largest Music tile.

Definitely want the exploding tiles!

User configurable settings menu.

Give the app list the same background capability that the Start screen has!

Of course give us the option to have OR NOT have games included in the apps list.

Bring back the original PHOTOS HUB!! Man, it was beautiful! And the pinchable scrolling albums were sooo smooth.

A better way to kill background apps, other than just being able to turn off "allow" on certain ones in Battery Saver. We need a more comprehensive list of what exactly is going on and running.. like Task Manager!
    12-14-2014 09:29 PM
    I want Live Folders on W10 Metro UI and Desktop. The WP8.1 Live Folder tiles work great and keep all my apps well organized. It is very difficult to find apps on Metro UI if you have lots of app groups and apps.
    12-14-2014 11:35 PM
    The only feature I want is Microsoft mandating better/faster firmware updates. I don't feel like voiding the warranty of my phone to install an update that was finished by Microsoft six months ago.

Signed,
    Long suffering HTC 8X user
    12-15-2014 11:03 AM
    hello everybody,
    As we all know windows phone OS versions upto now face a limitation wherein a developer cannot create an application to lock an app individually.
    (I'm talking of an application like "Applock" available on android OS and iOS)
    i would like to see such limitation eliminated in the future windows phone OS versions so that such apps could be made available on windows phone platform.
    i dont know of many of you would welcome this but it surely would be of great benefit to many users of this OS if its possible to do so.
    thank you/
    12-17-2014 12:46 PM
    T9 keyboard please. Better multitasking. Led notifications. New action center. New colours for background. Music controls in action center and lock screen. Double tap to wake in non lumias.
    12-17-2014 06:55 PM
    I really want Bluetooth keyboard support for WP 10.
    12-17-2014 07:15 PM
    If windows 10 is scalable, then I hope OpenVPN will work on the phone.
    12-18-2014 06:41 PM
    I really want the in built alarms app to be updated. It has to do more than just alarms; for starters, the live tile shows the current time, the app to have more than just alarms option. Options like the world clock, stopwatch, etc
    12-19-2014 05:37 PM
    12-22-2014 03:57 PM
    Looking at Android right now. I will be keeping my 1520 though just in case Windows 10 for Phone gets it right.

Here's what I need:
    Imo, these should be the TOP priorities
    1. A better music player
    2. Gapless playback
    3. Scrobbling for Spotify and I'm going to ditch my Android plans!

Some selfish requests of mine:
    4. Faster camera (well we're getting it with Denim so no sweat)
    5. A better app for Emails. WP Email is doing the job but I want more features and better synchronization.
    6. Interactive live tiles
    7. Extra Large tile (like in Windows 8.1, 10 Preview)
    8. Multitasking (my 1520 is ready!)
    9. A "close all" function on closing apps
    10. Better MSN apps. I have an Android tablet and they are better and faster on it than my WP. WTF?
    11. New interface (not really necessary but I think it's time. I'm not saying they should completely redesign the interface but at least optimize and make improvements)

Wishful thinking:
    12. Bring back the unified facebook and messaging hub. It was SUPER useful for me. But I know this wont happen.

That's it, actually.

Also, I want a smaller flagship with microSD support. Like 5 inches. I'm definitely ditching my 1520 if that happens. The 930 had a shot but I turned it down because of the lack of SD support
    12-23-2014 08:29 AM
    HomeGroup functionality would be absolutely awesome..
    arjunan, Wyn6 and michaelger like this.
    12-24-2014 07:11 AM
    I thought of this using Kid's Corner for the first time, and playing with Apps Corner. I would love to see some sort of guest mode on the phone, which could basically be an implementation of the guest account on desktop. This could take the place of the Apps Corner while adding more functionality. As I'm thinking of it, it would have the following:
    • The current ability to have a custom selection of apps in a completely separate space.
    • An environment completely separate from the main account, where all apps are on a clean slate and accounts for email, Facebook, etc. have to be entered each time the guest account is opened.
    • Completely separated Messaging and Phone apps. The guest account would have no access to the phone's texting and call history, and threads created during a guest account session would be deleted at the end. Incoming calls and messages would only come up as a simple toast notification saying that a call or message was received (and calls could be answered by opening it and then entering the lock screen password), or there could be an option to completely silence them. Texts and calls would only come through if that phone number was texted or called during that guest account session.
    • Silencing of all other primary account notifications (perhaps as an option).
    • A separate notification center or none.
    • Limited or no settings.
    • Cortana without personalization.
    • Perhaps the option to allow certain apps to have the same data as the primary account.
    • Easier access than Apps Center, like swiping to the right from the lock screen. Also a quicker return to the main account.

This feature would give the same functionality as Apps Center (handing your phone to someone for them to demo) while making it more private. It would also be very helpful for those times when your friend wants to borrow your phone to make a call or look up something. I personally don't like people seeing my message notifications and whatnot when they use my phone.

Kid's Corner could also be implemented as another account in this same way, but probably with more options for limiting capabilities. It would make sense to have separate but more persistent memory for this kind of account, as the same children would probably be using it, and they would probably want their game progress saved (with games being one of the biggest reasons for Kid's Corner). It would also be nice if this separate memory included games, so you can have children play them without having to worry about what games they could mess up.
    12-25-2014 03:28 PM
    What will make Windows Phone 10 great and well marketable would be:

1. Android App Support (This honestly is a major seller in the phone industry). If anything Windows Phone needs to be more open sourced.

2. Competitive (surface build quality phones, maybe a surface phone!) an prices.

3. More Phone manufacturer vendors, (Samsung, HTC, Huawei, Xiaomi, Sony, LG)

Better integration with Windows Systems. I suspect this will be better with Windows 10.
    12-27-2014 09:10 PM
    1. New UI Design. I like the looks on wp8 start screen and app list, it colorful yet simple. It's a total opposite when you open say the settings screen. It's just black and white. Too dull.
    2. Faster or shorter transition. Whichever works. Or have the ability to turn-off the transition.
    3. Ability to use app's icon true colors on tiles of start screen. Just like on Windows 8 start screen.
    4. Categorize the settings screen and should be in alphabetical order.
    5. Bring back the WP8 looks of the Photos app.
    6. Improve accuracy when searching apps on Windows Phone Store
    12-28-2014 09:57 AM
    wireless file protocols that could allow "Windows Phone 10" devices to send and receive files between phones and PCs. Unlike the current method that requires a USB cable.

Cortana and that similar to swype keyboard on many more languages including swedish.

OpenGL support ? I know that Windows are supporting opengl 3.1 but from what i understand the WP doesnt support it. If true, fix that will give us loads of games, Iphone and Android are on Opengl.

You might be able to do this already but othervise to be able to separate volume on Alarm and phone i want that.
    12-29-2014 05:52 AM
    Alphabetically listed settings!
    12-29-2014 06:13 AM
    I would like whether it is like that :

michaelger and Wevenhuis like this.
    01-04-2015 10:05 AM
598 ... 89101112 ...