03-30-2016 03:01 AM
598 ... 1213141516 ...
tools
    Does anyone know, is it going to be update for Win10 Preview(and if so, when? ) , or next thing is full Win 10 Os?
    02-15-2015 01:12 PM
    I want a driving mode that look good in horizontal menu. With buttons for music (play, stop and volume) big Cortana button and useful settings.
    02-16-2015 05:32 AM
    The exploding title concept would be cool, with it being on every phone, and for the ones without the 3d touch I prefer a single tap for that feature, and double tap to open the app, instead of a long press. But, what MS should incorporate with the long press should be a color option for that title in one corner, and a display control for what information that one title shows you live, with the last two remaining the resize, and unpin. There is no reason way you can't change the colors, and transparency on titles separately, and pick what info that app shows on the live tile. Custom fronts for any, and everything. The return of the people hub that synced all your social networks together, with Xbox live, Facebook, etc. Better synchronize services from Microsoft throughout apps, and normal phone actions.
    02-16-2015 06:32 PM
    I would like to see new visual feedback for pressing buttons, because the current 'pressing' animation is too subtle and not pretty enough. Nothing too flashy, just maybe some color and a subtle visual effect. Anyone else want this?
    02-17-2015 04:15 PM
    I would like ms to keep the present windows phone 8.1 start screen, I really like how the background picture appear on the tile and not the new one that comes with windows 10, wish it was an option to switch between them
    02-17-2015 04:32 PM
    1. the Photo App stepped backwards once again just like what it did from wp7 to wp8. for me the hub style photo app from wp7 still is the best. in WP10, it happened again. the app looses some good features. Photos are not sooo neat to look at it term of it's UI. Sort through dates is missing? Sooooo slow getting all photos to load. every new photo will trigger to "reload" every single photo again. not sure if this happens in every device. simple editing is also missing? "auto fix" ?

2. Still no static IP?

3.I would love to see an option to swipe to the right. >>>> on start screen.. that screen shows some multi media options.. "now playing" ?, VOLUME CONTROL? or others..

#justmy2cents
    02-17-2015 04:33 PM
    With all the complaining about those hamburger menu's, and how they are unreachable with your thumb. Why not make a swipe to open the hamburger menu, with the headings starting at the bottom maybe? Would also be epic to see the notification bar move to the bottom, though that could be trouble with on-screen buttons. I have seen some concepts of windows 10 for phones that looked amazing with that. And I agree with others that there should be a right swipe on the home screen, for multimedia controls, maybe for universal search, recent/active app list, something of that kind. Hoping to see a lot more from windows 10 then it shows right now, but I think it won't disappoint in the end. The preview program is awesome and helps a lot, I think.
    02-18-2015 03:07 PM
    I don't know if it's been said yet, but it warrants saying again even if it has; I would REALLY love to be able to do a search by phone number in the people hub. So often I'll have someone ask me if I know a phone number, and it would save time doing a search for the number rather than going through each contact one by one...

Also being able to search for people by nickname in messaging would be cool, too. I have everyone in my contact list under their legal name, but know a number of people more conveniently by nicknames. It'd be cool to just put in their nickname rather than their real name to bring up the conversation.
    02-19-2015 01:02 AM
    I don't know if it's been said yet, but it warrants saying again even if it has; I would REALLY love to be able to do a search by phone number in the people hub. So often I'll have someone ask me if I know a phone number, and it would save time doing a search for the number rather than going through each contact one by one...

Also being able to search for people by nickname in messaging would be cool, too. I have everyone in my contact list under their legal name, but know a number of people more conveniently by nicknames. It'd be cool to just put in their nickname rather than their real name to bring up the conversation.
    There's an app for that called Phone Search
    EssThree likes this.
    02-19-2015 01:32 AM
    There's an app for that called Phone Search
    Cool, I'll have to grab it, thanks! Would still like it baked in, though :D
    02-19-2015 02:02 AM
    i know nothing about design i just created an alternative look to phone app on windows 10 the way i like it using paint

EssThree and arjunan like this.
    02-21-2015 05:59 PM
    i know nothing about design i just created an alternative look to phone app on windows 10 the way i like it using paint
    Dig the placement of the hamburger button. I know a lot of people don't like it, but it's here to stay. The question in my mind is what position is optimal for it, and down the bottom replacing the ellipsis icon seems right.
    sumton likes this.
    02-21-2015 09:52 PM
    edit it a little bit
    light - dark - colorful themes
    Last edited by sumton; 02-23-2015 at 02:23 PM.
    EMINENT 1, arjunan and Canjok like this.
    02-22-2015 12:45 AM
    Music control in notification centre..
    Last edited by siddhartha shankar kar; 02-22-2015 at 03:37 AM.
    luisfarelo and marky0407 like this.
    02-22-2015 01:20 AM
    Redesign of the volume control overlay:

Attachment 97996

Some more details about this proposal:

windowsphone.uservoice.com/forums/101801-feature-suggestions/suggestions/7119212-redesign-of-the-volume-control-overlay

Cheers,
    m_fry
    02-22-2015 06:09 PM
    Here is a link to the picture, not sure why its not working?

h t t p://oi60.tinypic.com/1zmkwm1.jpg

1zmkwm1.jpg
    02-22-2015 07:02 PM
    I wish they'd do two things:

- Add a T9 alphanumeric keypad;
    - Separate toggles from notifications, by taking an iOS approach. The notification centre is too bulky.
    luisfarelo likes this.
    02-23-2015 06:36 PM
    Add the ability to choose which app permission I give for every application.
    iOS 7 has it already, Android as well, and we Need it, to stay on top of it.
    For example some apps want to have my contacts but I won't allow it.
    Please make it possible.
    02-25-2015 08:46 AM
    A push to make a landscape mode for every single core app. I'm going crazy trying to read the maps app while the phone is mounted in landscape mode in my car. Same for the music app. Come on, how is there no landscape mode for that?!
    02-26-2015 02:41 PM
    Got a couple simple ones:

Calendars
    Support for CalDAV based calendars.

Start Screen
    Make the Windows 10 desktop and Windows Phone gestures and start/applications list consistent. I.e. In Windows 10 the app list is to the left of the start menu, in Windows phone a swipe left should open the same app list. In Windows 10 desktop the action center and notifications are on the right side and accessible from the system tray icon, in Windows phone this is accessed using a swipe down from the top. These two principles should be more similar.
    02-27-2015 02:30 PM
    Some things i would appreciate in W10 for Phones:

General:
    Merge the Me tile and Cortana

Swipe down and hold for .5 Seconds to open the Camera, as seen in w8.1

Interactive Tiles (adding Buttons to Tiles): Swipe from the left to the right to cycle trough the interactive mode and the normal mode, example: Music; Normal Cycle (Xbox music icon->Now Playing) and after the swipe you have a play/pause and a next track button and a second swipe brings you back to normal mode. What options are shown depends on the tile size: Tiny tile: nothing, Normal Tile: 2 buttons, horizontal tile: 3-4 buttons,WP10 big tile: Complete set of controls? vertical tile: same as horizontal.

Leave the Actions at the bottom, because on giant phones like the lumia 1520 its a bit crappy when the actions are at the top.

Support for bigger screens-> More tiles/tile types when having a bigger screen.

Not only one accent "option" but multiple ones. just like in w8/8.1

Colored Backgrounds depending on accent OPTION.

Fully Colored Menus/Popups!

Will add more later
    Last edited by Saxithon; 03-08-2015 at 10:28 AM.
    03-07-2015 03:41 PM
    My wishlist.

1. Files app needs to be upgraded
    a) Show File System of SD card.
    b) Add thumbnails for Music and Other FIles (whenever possible)
    c) Make photos swipe to show next possible
    d) Enable background playback of music files when launched from Files (Or associate music files with an app)
    e) Let us associate particular files with an app
    f) Inbuilt Zip file creation/extraction support
    g) Video files when launched from files give us option to seek
    h) Add an option to pin favorite folders in files menu
    i) Better Icons
    j) Tag editing of Music and Pictures from Files (Enable Properties like feature in W10M as well)
    k) Enable to Hide Files like in Windows
    m) Enable to Hide file extensions
    n) Add more views (Tiles / List /Thumbnails etc)
    o) Enable to show quick info on File in Tiles View (like duration, Associated App etc)

OS Features
    a) Enable WiFi Direct (The proper way, not the half baked way)
    b) Enable OTG
    c) Enable DLNA
    ...Adding more later

Video Playback
    a) Direct DLNA playback of videos
    b) SRT /SUP / IDX-SUB / SSA file support (WIth Adjustable Size and Color)
    c) Multiple Audio Support
    d) Chapter Support in MKV/MP4
    e) Accurate Seek (Like you see in youtube apps like Tubecast)
    f) Dolby Audio support (If I have to purchase a $5-$10 addon for single device to pay for licensing SO BE IT)
    i) Audio Normalization
    j) 5.1 > 2 Ch downmix when listening to headphones
    k) Adjustable Brightness Contrast etc

Music Playback
    a) Show album art from Music Files (Don't download off of the WEB)
    b) Enable Fast Forwarding of Music Files
    c) Audio Normalization
    d) A Proper Audio Equalizer
    e) Make playlist creation and Importing easier
    ... Adding more later

Lock Screen
    a) Enable Shortcut Buttons (For Camera etc) on Lock Screen
    b) Music Playback control on lock screen
    ...More Later

..More later
    EssThree likes this.
    03-11-2015 10:38 AM
    Support for background download.
    Support for apps to run in background like torrent clients.
    rajthampi likes this.
    03-12-2015 09:42 AM
    Allow devs to access other apps data,

APP LOCK 😋
    03-12-2015 09:49 AM
    Leave some features Windows only????

- Cortana:
    - Location based actions, like, when i leave Home turn Wi-Fi off
    - Can be activated without pressing buttons, just saying "Hey, Cortana"

-Home Screen:
    -Location based screens
    - The actual screen can be changed by long-pressing the windows logo and swiping up
    - Affects the Accent color
    - Enable/Disable Live-Tile mode per app.(For example: Photos->instead of the photos just the app icon)

-System:
    -Gestures:
    - Swipe from the Back button to the homebutton to return to last app
    - Swipe down from a Quicktoggle do fold out a "stack" with advanced settings, reduces the need to open the settings
    - swipe right from a notification to show more actions (like quickreply)

...more later.....
    Last edited by Saxithon; 03-13-2015 at 01:39 PM.
    03-13-2015 07:47 AM
598 ... 1213141516 ...