The Windows 10 April 2018 update has arrived! Get the new Dell XPS 15, starting at $999.99
03-30-2016 03:01 AM
598 ... 1415161718 ...
tools
    Interactive tiles.
    Tap it to open the app, tap on the right corner (transparent dot, small square corner or something else) to activate the interaction in the tile. For the large or extra large tiles i think.
    ravi_jain likes this.
    04-10-2015 09:32 AM
    I have just posted an interesting idea to UserVoice. Here it is:

My phone is a very personal device that contains all my contacts, my favorite music, my persona on social networks, even the maps to places I go to often.

A year ago, Microsoft introduced the Windows in the Car concept, which basically does the same thing as Android Auto and Car Play: it allows you to access phone functionality from your car's dashboard, in a manner that's appropriate for the car. Your car infotainment system becomes an extension of your phone.

My idea expands on the same kind of concept: imagine walking into your office, or the local library, or a web cafe, plugging your phone into the PC that's there, and then having access to your phone's apps, through the PC. You'd never have to log in to your accounts on a PC you don't trust. You'd never have to answer a text message using a touch keyboard when you have a real one available. Since most apps will be re-written using the Universal APIs, nothing prevents a PC from displaying an app running on the phone, using UI that's appropriate for the PC.

I think it would be really great, and also very feasible.
    Please vote! (I can't post the link, but look for "Ability to Run Phone Apps on PC When Connected".)
    04-10-2015 09:45 AM
    when will it be live for Lumia 1520?
    04-10-2015 10:08 AM
    Does Windows 10 Technical preview for phones support USB OTG? Can anyone clarify?
    Yes it can, but not now
    04-10-2015 10:52 AM
    For design I would like to see something along the lines of this.... Especially the blur https://windowsphone.uservoice.com/f...design-concept
    Alestepos and DCTF like this.
    04-10-2015 11:13 AM
    I wish for "Interactive live tiles" and a amazing lock screen personalization options!!!
    >o<
    F3rzz and celticmagick like this.
    04-10-2015 11:46 AM
    Will windows 10 change my life?
    Yes, it can. But not now!
    someone2639 likes this.
    04-10-2015 11:48 AM
    Otg otg
    04-11-2015 12:39 PM
    i have installed WIN10 today on my Lumia 1520 and below is what i have experienced so far :

1. Phone freeze if SIM card is protected by a pin code - i remove the pin and it did not freeze anymore
    2. cannot access lock screen, if i use a third app like 'live lock beta' it freeze the phone - i have uninstalled 'live lock beta'
    3. cannot assign ringtones to my emails - if someone knows how to do, please shout.
    4. cannot set a data limit - if someone knows how to do, please shout.
    5. Office hub disappeared and one note is useless - office is very important to me so MS, please bring it back asap.
    6. cannot change tiles sizes as shown in MS presentation.
    7. MS, please bring back transparent tiles.
    8. people hub shows only twitter account and not others - MS, please fix
    04-11-2015 03:07 PM
    I want an hourly chime option for the clock.
    04-11-2015 05:53 PM
    Let open sockets, thus allowing apps to do jobs in the background like being connected to services those are legacy, or not push enabled. Example: IRC severs, SIP installations etc
    04-13-2015 07:41 AM
    To be able to put fortnightly
    events in the calendar
    say every second Tuesday rubbish out
    04-15-2015 05:13 AM
    ONLY ONE! KEEP THE METRO/MODERN DESIGN LANGUAGE AND NOT BE ANDROID OR IOS...
    Microsoft you got it almost right with Windows Phone 8.1 update 1 you just need a few improvements, please DO NOT F%^&& this one up.
    04-17-2015 03:22 AM
    ONLY ONE! KEEP THE METRO/MODERN DESIGN LANGUAGE AND NOT BE ANDROID OR IOS...
    Microsoft you got it almost right with Windows Phone 8.1 update 1 you just need a few improvements, please DO NOT F%^&& this one up.
    Actually that new UI resembles Windows 8.1 Not Android or iOS

And setting menu resemble setting on desktop one
    04-17-2015 03:56 AM
    Here is my big WISH!

Remote for the phone same like we have for ZUNE!
    Bring back ZUNE software!
    When we will get play music from a folder! ( GENERS select group and select album to play)
    Jose Fernando likes this.
    04-18-2015 10:03 AM
    New lockscreen options.
    - Gesture lock (like on Samsung)
    - Picture Password lock
    - Passcode lock
    - Fingerprint lock (hardware dependent)
    - Iris lock (hardware dependent)

New Unlock animations
    - Custom placement of time/date and notifications on the lockscreen
    - New transitions from lock --> start e.g. use same background straight from lock to start, ie tiles simply glide in. Another example.. animated lock backgrounds such an eye opening from lock > start.

App List
    - Have an A-Z scroll option that fades in/out. Tapping to search feels cumbersome and old.
    - App categories easily accessible by icons at the top ie date installed, most used etc

Live Tiles
    - New sizes, shapes. Start screen needs a fresh look, desperately. People won't pickup a phone that has looked the same for years. Even Apple acknowledges this and throws a fresh coat on every now and then.
    - Actionable tiles such as music player, mini Youtube/Video in large tile etc
    - Different innovative take on folders on start screen, the current folders are space occupying instead of overlapping and make the background 'pop' up at the bottom the start screen when opened. Crappy design.

Action Centre
    - Needs a fresh new look
    - Individually removable notifications (I think this is in now)
    Custom colur toast e.g. Blue Skype, Purple Viber, Green Whatsapp etc
    - Torch icon!

Overall I expect the OS to fly on the new flagship hardware. Fingers crossed MS can innovate this time around.
    04-18-2015 11:57 AM
    Anyone else agree that the wifi tile in the action center should be a toggle, not a shortcut?
    vicky geth and minus365 like this.
    04-21-2015 11:57 AM
    Anyone else agree that the wifi tile in the action center should be a toggle, not a shortcut?
    Why would you want to take a security feature away?
    04-21-2015 12:13 PM
    Tap and hold windows button to Lock the Screen..or could open notifications (which should have screen lock as a quick action)

This would be very useful :) (and preserve the power button)
    04-22-2015 01:54 AM
    Why would you want to take a security feature away?
    Security feature? There's a toggle for cellular data, it should be consistent with that.
    04-22-2015 08:42 AM
    Security feature? There's a toggle for cellular data, it should be consistent with that.
    It does act the same when you have a pin code. Didn't know the behavior was different. Prevents someone from cutting off a connection if lost, and not being able to use find it on WP.com
    04-22-2015 09:44 PM
    I think this could work

1. Toggle On or Off by tapping
    2. Shortcut to Wi-Fi Settings on long press. ( Current state doesn't matter )
    mccririck and celticmagick like this.
    04-27-2015 08:17 AM
    Add this feature also
    Turn Off Specific app data background task when Data Connection Is On.

http://forums.windowscentral.com/win...onnection.html
    05-03-2015 04:31 PM
    Multitasking: Option not to suspend running apps in the background or allow apps like UC Browser, wpTorrent and the like to run in the background. I use these apps a lot for downloading. Would be happy if i could do something else or check on other apps while waiting for the downloads to finish. Of course, they could have it disabled by default. Just give us a toggle switch please!

Lockscreen Have the parallax effect and some tweaks.

Media Player I pity my volume keys. Please put it somewhere where we wont need to press the volume keys to access it and hit the next song.
    Last edited by marky0407; 05-04-2015 at 10:01 AM.
    05-04-2015 09:46 AM
    OneDrive: option to sync all online folders to SD card, just like on the PC.
    05-04-2015 11:17 AM
598 ... 1415161718 ...