03-30-2016 03:01 AM
598 ... 1516171819 ...
tools
    I hope win 10 will support most of Android and/or IOS apps.
    05-05-2015 07:03 AM
    Custom app background task on off on data connection please
    05-05-2015 08:29 AM
    So I've been googling alot for Windows 10 feature requests for phones but so far I only found requests for the PC version. The mobile version is just as important and I already posted a few requests on the UserVoice website. So this thread should sum up some of the "Most Wanted" Features AS WELL AS Modifications that I've been wanting but cant seem to get on my Lumia 640XL Windows 8.1 Update 2.I'm not gonna be judging about: Designs, Looks, Feels etc because I know Microsoft is working hard to improve them, So these are just a few stuff I've been wanting since I switched from my "rooted" android phone to a Lumia 640XL.

DO Keep this in mind that I haven't had a chance to use any of the Technical Previews from Insider as my phone isn't supported and I've been using WP only for a few months now, so here's my feature requests:
    1)Micro USB OTG support( already implemented maybe??)
    2)File Manager:
    * Should have ability to add Folders on Live Tiles.
    *Should be able to create most format files like .zip, .txt, .docx without needing third party apps
    *Hide/Show files
    3)Scrollable Notifications or at least add more cause 4 is just not a lucky number lol.
    4)Brightness Bar in Notifications Menu
    5)NEED MORE SOUND. I know you can Microsoft. I don't hear Dolby Surround while watching the latest Fast n Furious on my Lenovo Windows 7 laptop for nothing. Take some help from Viper4Android & Viper4Windows(PC) Devs, although I'm guessing they're the same guys. They'll be happy to get some WP love.
    6)Keyboard:
    *Add ability to hold the upper keys to switch between numbers and letters. This is a basic feature. Hope you implement it.
    *Add 'Hold to Options' key
    7)[B]AppsList[/SIZE]B]:
    *Horizontal menu. Would be nice but I got no beef against vertical menus.
    8) Wi-Fi FIX: Please fix it! Either my phone is glitches or the Windows 8.1 connection sucks(DNS protocol issues maybe). This is ONLY applicable for some Wi-Fis that I use outside my home. (Already tried all the fixes from windows website)
    9) Clock(Alarms):
    *Needs basic features including Timer, Stopwatch and World Clock.
    *Seriously needs an audio boost (I'm a heavy sleeper lol)
    *Timer's volume should be changed using the Ringer+Notifications Bar NOT the Media+Apps one. [I keep missing my deadline :(
    10) Calendar: Add month view tiles

Yeah that's about it I think. Don't wanna put too much stress on the devs. If I missed any important features or I listed a feature that's already there in the Technical Preview do feel free to add on comments. Thanks for reading (Even if you skipped to the end lol). IF THIS IS NOT AN OFFICIAL FEATURES REQUEST FORUMS, THen Could you please transfer it to the specified forum please Admin. Thanks in Advance!
    05-05-2015 10:40 AM
    1)Auto number complete(from the saved contacts) in dialing pad.
    2)Need separate volume bar for apps and media(instead of App+Media)
    3)Increase ring mode
    4)Internet teathering(PC-Mobile n Viceversa)
    5)Close all apps options running in BG(very useful/must need option for Windows10, because back button not terminating the app now)
    6)Option like Number of running apps in BG(for lowend ram devices useful it is)
    7)Actionable Notifications and Live tile buttons
    8)Instead of ... dots, swipe up from the down of screen shows up menu options(like showing properties for images now in WP10)
    9)Instead of hambarger(many are feeeling its like copying andriod) implement swipe left to get the menu options(For Browsers it is not possible seems)
    10)More integrated Notification Center.
    11) Total RAM/Available RAM option
    12) Option to delete temp files and App data
    13) Inbuilt flawless, all formats supported with swipe gusters Music(Full screen album art must) n Video App
    14)More options in lock screen
    15)Need old Statusbar icons(win10 status bar has many design issues)

These are my wishlist :)
    Ashish Gupta888 likes this.
    05-07-2015 02:41 AM
    So I've been googling alot for Windows 10 feature requests for phones but so far I only found requests for the PC version. The mobile version is just as important and I already posted a few requests on the UserVoice website. So this thread should sum up some of the "Most Wanted" Features AS WELL AS Modifications that I've been wanting but cant seem to get on my Lumia 640XL Windows 8.1 Update 2.I'm not gonna be judging about: Designs, Looks, Feels etc because I know Microsoft is working hard to improve them, So these are just a few stuff I've been wanting since I switched from my "rooted" android phone to a Lumia 640XL.
    Ok, this UserVoice shouldbe useful enough https://windowsphone.uservoice.com/f...tures-requests
    Shan Ali Khan likes this.
    05-07-2015 07:28 PM
    What about 3G only option?
    05-08-2015 11:37 AM
    What about 3G only option?
    Already there? Look @ Settings>Cellular+Sim>Highest Connection Speed>3G
    05-08-2015 01:07 PM
    That doesn't make my phone 3G only...Its just like the 'Prefer 3G option in Android'.....
    05-12-2015 03:14 AM
    Hmm I don't see why we need 3G only. Phone usually adapts to network. Think Android does too. If not you lose the whole connection. But uh guess that's gonna be in the wishlist :D
    05-12-2015 07:51 AM
    On 3g your battery doesn't last as long, why would you want this option? My number one want for Windows 10 Mobile is wireless syncing with my PC(such as syncing my music across without the need of a usb cable since my 1020's usb data transfer via usb doesn't work anymore, it only just barely charges when you put it in exact right position). I mean seriously, iphones and ipods touches can sync wirelessly with itunes. Its not big request.
    05-14-2015 09:45 PM
    I still want an hourly chime.
    05-16-2015 10:40 AM
    I wish there is something like floating widget on Android. Although actionable notification is an alternate, floating widget has more functionality. One such example is Flynx App pretty useful for multitaskers like me😃😊
    05-20-2015 10:45 AM
    Hi,
    storing Maps from Here drive to SD card should be possible. For a very short time it was possible in WP8.1, so it cant be to difficult.
    Joe920 and Carl Anderson like this.
    05-22-2015 07:18 AM
    My wish is for proper, attractive branding. No "Microsoft." If "Nokia" isn't an option, then either just the Microsoft logo (the Window), "Lumia," or a combination of "Lumia" with the logo. Any alternative is better than "Microsoft" in my opinion.

All other wishes I have have been covered in this thread.
    05-23-2015 11:12 PM
    I don't know if this has been listed or has been made, Microsoft should integrate music control/player in the lock screen and glance. Imagine the possibilities of how easy it is to control your music while locked or while on the glance screen mode. Instead of the very inconvenient old fashioned way, you just have to hover your hand to show you the full music player/xbox music controls,toggles and options ,how easy is that?
    fluffyowl likes this.
    05-24-2015 12:59 AM
    Activation of glance screen on missed call or new msg. This would be nice for devices without notification light.
    fluffyowl likes this.
    05-24-2015 04:13 AM
    - All file transfer, including big files, full resolution photos and map downloads available also via cellular data, not that annoying WiFi requirement.

- File manager with LAN/network/cloud/FTP share support.
    05-28-2015 06:32 AM
    - GeoFence wifi (turn it off completely when i'm not near my home)
    - Alarms (ability to tell cortana I'm awak - disabling all alarms for the morning)
    - Wallet - for the love of god, make it useful
    - Unlink cortana stock watch from the msn money app
    - Maps - need a huge improvement (traffic / multiple route suggestions / retrace route / accident alerts / police alerts)
    - Ability to record phone calls
    - Serious power saving mode
    - Alphabetize all menus
    - Download and attach file from one drive to standard email
    - Improve voice quality and noise cancellation
    -- Use mic to allow for noise cancellation through headphone jack
    - Faster photo app opening

- Allow for 'trigger word' to clarify when dictating to cortana, so that one doesn't need to fully restate a message (kinda like madlibs - let me fill in or re-state the words that had a high degree of uncertainty)
    05-29-2015 01:55 PM
    Microsoft, please please please please please, I BEG OF YOU to please make a Windows phone with a:

DIGITAL PEN SIMILAR TO SAMSUNG GALAXY NOTE/SURFACE PRO

What is the point of using ONENOTE when you don't have a friggin pen to write your stuff in? How can I draw on freshpaint without a pen? I am suppose to use my fingers? All other stuff is fine, but please make a windows phone with a pen!!! pleeeeasseee!!! And yes I already gave my suggestion in the Microsoft feedback website, please I ask other Microsoft users to do the same!

The phone can be called: Microsoft Lumia Note, or Samsung Galaxy Windows 10 Note, Or Microsoft Windows Surface Note.
    05-30-2015 08:24 PM
    Add ability to set an end date to repeating events in calendar app - I can't believe this doesn't already exist.

Cortana turn by turn directions.

Xbox music - add playlist format support - m3u, etc. Ability to use volume rockers to change music tracks via long press. Remove limits on the number of playlists and track playback in playlists.

Add simple weather readout on lock screen - current temp, conditions, hi/lo, and optional quick status temp (fixing 0-99 limitations) - via the default weather app. This is for those that want clean right to the point weather without the clutter of graphics and forecasts.

Add ability to sort/view videos on SD card by albums based on folders on card to the default video app.
    05-30-2015 08:46 PM
    Going by some the request in here we need a full SP3 laptop in an iPhone format with a battery that will last a week and the phone can also do everyone's household choirs, Tough crowd to please smile smile.
    Piyush Jain3 likes this.
    06-01-2015 12:15 AM
    I need only working mail app and login only store!
    If i login to the store lot of MS ***** app is use my MS account. I not want it!
    I want to use my MS account to the store and not want to see any MS services at my phone!
    06-02-2015 08:53 AM
    My Windows 10 Mobile Wishlist:

• New unified UI design building off of the original Metro design principles and off that of Microsoft's competitors
    • New Windows Store application design that feels welcoming and makes me want to spend time in the store
    • Quick controls center similar to that of iOS Control Center (perhaps recycle the name of Control Panel?)
    • Quick respond to notifications without opening the Action Center
    • Tracking Protection Lists in Microsoft Edge
    • Styli/Pen input
    • Continuity between desktop and mobile devices for tasks such as open applications, tabs, phone calls, etc.
    • Limited default program selection for "reserved" file types (music, video, photos, url), and defaults set by applications
    • Offline backup & syncing over USB or WiFi with a PC
    • Enhanced data sense for compression of all data sent over a cellular network
    • Optional power user settings, to enable advanced settings
    • Third-party keyboards
    • Hey Cortana for unsupported devices (Just display a "This may adversely affect battery life on unsupported hardware" warning)
    • MixView tiles
    • Parallax tiles (Remember KIN?)
    • Availability to Marque tile to developers (see Music app)
    • BitLocker for SD cards (currently only available for enterprise connected devices?)
    • ReFS for SD cards
    • "Start your day"/Today screen; Cortana learns of when you regularly wake based on device usage and offers curated information based on stored interests, appointments for the day (sorted by time), and other relevant information. Essentially a specialized version of the main Cortana screen
    • Transfer my Phone option to move all data from an old device to a new device (including Apps, messages, settings, app data, storage contents, etc.), and offer "select" transfer for advanced users as well as when the target device has lower storage free than required
    • New Photo app focused on displaying content in an enjoyable manner while supporting albums & folders; allow storing a single photo in multiple albums through use of Symbolic Links and allow filtering images based on tags.
    • Better task management. and ability to force kill apps when Power User options enabled
    • Lighter footprint
    • Performance toggle that allows switching between using advanced graphical elements and UI animations, and turning them off for better performance on older/lower-end devices ("Adjust for better" [performance] or [appearance])
    • Ability to uninstall updates when Power User options enabled, in event of faulty or broken update
    • Ability to choose which updates to download and install when Power User options enabled
    • Syncing of user dictionary (why this is still unimplemented I will never know. Hate having to retrain the keyboard on new phones)
    • Optional Skype Messaging over SMS when in poor-service areas, and automatic messaging through Skype's service when target recipient's number is registered/linked with their Skype account
    • Refresh option, similar to Windows, for when a device is responding poorly or otherwise experiencing issues, allowing users to keep their data and apps when resetting the device (as opposed to a full factory reset)
    • Audio equalizer for Media+Apps audio
    • Support for multiple formats as ringtones, and extension of ringtone time limit
    • Read support for Apple formats (iCal, Apple Works/Office suite, Passbook)
    • Integration of 3rd party APIs into Cortana for when smart-answers/information cannot be found on Bing, & enhanced Cortana integration API to allow Cortana to directly search through and pull content from an app along side Bing and other services.

Metro design principles are centered around a content focused interface that does not overemphasize interface "chrome" and utilizes motions to give the interface fluidity and make it feel alive, and is not to be confused with the original Metro interface which debuted on Windows Phone and to which is named after Metro design
    06-03-2015 08:06 PM
    New Live tiles size
    New animation in aap launching
    06-04-2015 06:22 AM
    Non beta Cortana that has ability to perform simple tasks offline.

Offline backup to PC.

Remove splash / loading animation

Static IP
    06-08-2015 04:41 PM
598 ... 1516171819 ...