Windows 10 Mobile - Wishlist (pre 10586.164)

Nadia bruce

Dec 16, 2014
Visit site
Re: Microsoft Phone 10 wanted features.

Remember wp8 gallery ????

Attachments

• Windows+Phone+8+WP8+Nokia+Lumia+920+Photos.jpg
    Windows+Phone+8+WP8+Nokia+Lumia+920+Photos.jpg
    47.7 KB · Views: 91

cool4chetan

Sep 21, 2014
Visit site

Is anyone using Windows 10 please confirm following features are there :-
-Password lock for Other Apps
-To hide files and Folder
-Move folder under SD card to another folder/phone
-Password lock for Office file Word, Excel, Note
and Importantly after installing/updating any App/games which goes missing and didn't available in app list may be due to technical reasons which cause to do hard set the phone for the shack of one app. The simple process/solution to be given to reinstall the app.

If this feature are not available kindly whoever coordinating with MS can put forward to them.

Thanks.

xxfuzzyxx

Oct 11, 2014
Visit site

Does messaging with windows 10 look the same. There are a few different images I've seen floating around and wanted to know what it actually looks like.

daRRko

Sep 18, 2014
Visit site

Does anyone know, is it going to be update for Win10 Preview(and if so, when? ) , or next thing is full Win 10 Os?

Aviad Kohn

May 8, 2013
Visit site

I want a driving mode that look good in horizontal menu. With buttons for music (play, stop and volume) big Cortana button and useful settings.

William Sandbrink

Feb 13, 2015
Visit site
Re: Windows Phone 9 features wishlist

The exploding title concept would be cool, with it being on every phone, and for the ones without the 3d touch I prefer a single tap for that feature, and double tap to open the app, instead of a long press. But, what MS should incorporate with the long press should be a color option for that title in one corner, and a display control for what information that one title shows you live, with the last two remaining the resize, and unpin. There is no reason way you can't change the colors, and transparency on titles separately, and pick what info that app shows on the live tile. Custom fronts for any, and everything. The return of the people hub that synced all your social networks together, with Xbox live, Facebook, etc. Better synchronize services from Microsoft throughout apps, and normal phone actions.

Dreamspell

Oct 20, 2013
Visit site

I would like to see new visual feedback for pressing buttons, because the current 'pressing' animation is too subtle and not pretty enough. Nothing too flashy, just maybe some color and a subtle visual effect. Anyone else want this?

emperor_skull

Oct 25, 2013
Visit site

I would like ms to keep the present windows phone 8.1 start screen, I really like how the background picture appear on the tile and not the new one that comes with windows 10, wish it was an option to switch between them

froi francisco

Apr 11, 2013
Visit site

1. the Photo App stepped backwards once again just like what it did from wp7 to wp8. for me the hub style photo app from wp7 still is the best. in WP10, it happened again. the app looses some good features. Photos are not sooo neat to look at it term of it's UI. Sort through dates is missing? Sooooo slow getting all photos to load. every new photo will trigger to "reload" every single photo again. not sure if this happens in every device. simple editing is also missing? "auto fix" ?

2. Still no static IP?

3.I would love to see an option to swipe to the right. >>>> on start screen.. that screen shows some multi media options.. "now playing" ?, VOLUME CONTROL? or others..

#justmy2cents

Jesper017

Sep 29, 2014
Visit site

With all the complaining about those hamburger menu's, and how they are unreachable with your thumb. Why not make a swipe to open the hamburger menu, with the headings starting at the bottom maybe? Would also be epic to see the notification bar move to the bottom, though that could be trouble with on-screen buttons. I have seen some concepts of windows 10 for phones that looked amazing with that. And I agree with others that there should be a right swipe on the home screen, for multimedia controls, maybe for universal search, recent/active app list, something of that kind. Hoping to see a lot more from windows 10 then it shows right now, but I think it won't disappoint in the end. The preview program is awesome and helps a lot, I think.

EssThree

Dec 28, 2012
Visit site

I don't know if it's been said yet, but it warrants saying again even if it has; I would REALLY love to be able to do a search by phone number in the people hub. So often I'll have someone ask me if I know a phone number, and it would save time doing a search for the number rather than going through each contact one by one...

Also being able to search for people by nickname in messaging would be cool, too. I have everyone in my contact list under their legal name, but know a number of people more conveniently by nicknames. It'd be cool to just put in their nickname rather than their real name to bring up the conversation.

Mellifluous

Dec 16, 2012
Visit site

I don't know if it's been said yet, but it warrants saying again even if it has; I would REALLY love to be able to do a search by phone number in the people hub. So often I'll have someone ask me if I know a phone number, and it would save time doing a search for the number rather than going through each contact one by one...

Also being able to search for people by nickname in messaging would be cool, too. I have everyone in my contact list under their legal name, but know a number of people more conveniently by nicknames. It'd be cool to just put in their nickname rather than their real name to bring up the conversation.

There's an app for that called Phone Search

sumton

Apr 21, 2013
Visit site

i know nothing about design i just created an alternative look to phone app on windows 10 the way i like it using paint :smile:

Ngy0aT5.jpg

EssThree

Dec 28, 2012
Visit site

i know nothing about design i just created an alternative look to phone app on windows 10 the way i like it using paint :smile:
Dig the placement of the hamburger button. I know a lot of people don't like it, but it's here to stay. The question in my mind is what position is optimal for it, and down the bottom replacing the ellipsis icon seems right.

sumton

Apr 21, 2013
Visit site

edit it a little bit :smile:
light - dark - colorful themes
KfeNJLV.jpg

Last edited:

m_fry

Feb 23, 2015
Visit site
Redesign of the volume control overlay:

View attachment 97996

Some more details about this proposal:

windowsphone.uservoice.com/forums/101801-feature-suggestions/suggestions/7119212-redesign-of-the-volume-control-overlay

Cheers,
m_fry

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss